“Fantastic Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melbourne Marriott Hotel

Save Saved
You added Melbourne Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Melbourne Marriott Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Exhibition And Lonsdale Streets, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Summer Stay & Save Sale
Ranked #10 of 170 Hotels in Melbourne
Traralgon, Australia
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Perfect location. Clean, nicely furnished rooms. Streamlined check in & check out, a lovely glass of bubbly by way of welcome! Had a slight hiccup with the room booked (my own fault, although they did not point this out!) & this was dealt with quickly and very efficiently, leaving me very impressed with everyone concerned. The staff there are absolutely amazing. When it was time to leave, my car battery had died, resulting in a call to RACV. The Conceirge & all the other staff there bent over backwards to make us comfortable while waiting for the car issue to be resolved and am still stunned at just how amazing they were. Marriott is now my Hotel of choice for all future stays in Melbourne. A very sincere thank you to them all.

Room Tip: Ask if soap brand has changed - the new line being used was, in my opinion quite smelly & didnt...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
MelbourneMarriott, General Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Julie G,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.
Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay .... but what a disappointment on departure to find your car's battery was flat! Glad to hear that our team did all they could to assist and hope it didn't disrupt your day too much. I will pass on your appreciation to our Front Office team.
I'm delighted that we are now your 'hotel of choice' in Melbourne and look forward to welcoming you back.
George Varughese

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have stayed here on a number of occasions but never written a review.
I held a meeting here and the staff were really helpful throughout.
The rooms are large and bright with clean, modern finishes.
The staff were exceedingly helpful on early check out and went out of their way to help me.
The hotel is in a great location, especially if you wish to visit the theatre district.
I would recommend the Melbourne Marriott for any trip to Melbourne, business or pleasure.

Stayed August 2014
Dear bethoSydney,
Many thanks for writing a review following your recent visit. I was so pleased to hear that both your stay and your meeting here with us went well.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.
With kindest regards,
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

A great location to explore all of the Melbourne CBD, close to restaurants and shops still only a 5 minute walk to china town. Good rooms and service with great cafe, bar and restaurants on site.

A short walk to Melbourne's theatre district and a great launching pad.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
MelbourneMarriott, General Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Paulleighton,
I must agree ........ our hotel is ideally located in Melbourne's CBD, especially if you are visiting for leisure.
Hope you enjoyed your city visit and managed to do all you had planned.
Regards,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Okay, first of all, I'm a Four Seasons kind of girl. But I had a bunch of Ritz-Carlton points and there was no Ritz or Four Seasons in Melbourne so I decided to stay here instead. I am very happy I did. From check-in to check-out, this was the best service I've ever had. And I've stayed at five star hotels all over the world. For me, that is what makes my trips. And I've never seen a hotel staff this friendly, not just courteous, but downright FRIENDLY and really invested in making sure you get the best directions, information, reservations...everything. I'd like to especially commend Richard, Fabrizio and Daniel for their exceptional concierge and executive lounge service. The service was truly amazing.

The hotel restaurant and bar are very luxurious and great as well.

I will say that the rooms themselves aren't going to be Four Seasons/Ritz comparable in terms of sheer luxury, but they are nice, large, and very clean and you will be treated like royalty, so for me it's worth it. Also, I didn't have a room with a city view, so those might be a little more "glam."

But regardless, I'll stay here whenever I'm in Sydney.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Shalf2014,
Fantastic to hear you enjoyed staying with us at the Melbourne Marriott recently.
Your appreciation will be passed on to our team - especially Richard, Fabrizio and Daniel. Our people do try very hard and it is a terrific boost for morale when their efforts are individually acknowledged.
Thanks so much for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in this part of the world.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Clean room, comfortable bed, best buffet breakfast with plenty of selection. Just a few minutes walk from China Town for all delicious food, Professional staff are welcoming and quick check in / out, recommended for business trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sunny W,
Thank you for your review. It's so good to know that everything seemed to work so well for you.
Come back again.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

After I couldn't get through to the front desk by phone, I received a call back immediately from the manager with an excellant offer. On arrival, the service was first class and sincere from the check in desk staff to the valet. I was very impressed! After a quick check in the valet arrived at my door with a complimentary drink after hearing of some of my troubles. Relaxed and happy.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Mattiedbrown,
I was concerned to hear of your difficulties getting through to the Front Desk, but was pleased that your booking was sorted out. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
After the "rocky" start, I'm delighted that all went well and you enjoyed your visit.
Look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Kindest regards,
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Service was superb right from when you enter the hotel, offered a drink while waiting to check in and was asked twice while checking out if I could be helped with bags and taxis. Was sent free water at 1 am as a Marriott rewards member. Very impressed at how every single staff interaction was very positive and pleasant. Location was excellent, beds and rooms huge!
Carpets slightly dated. Highly recommend this hotel based on the staff!!!
I'm now spending 2 nights at the grand hyatt melbourne and while the property is more impressive, the service is subpar - see my review on hyatt. Would recommend the Marriott over the hyatt.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear sydjetsetter86,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
We place great importance on training so it's great to hear that it is working and that our team really does try hard to look after our guests as best they can.
Glad you liked your room and enjoyed your visit.
Kindest regards,
George Varughese

Been to Melbourne Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!