-Fantastic location, shops in the CBD are walkable from the hotel. Public transport stations are near, and if not, a line of taxis usually wait right outside.
- Very efficient front desk staff and helpful housekeeping.
- Still relies on "Marriot Rewards" to provide wi-fi. Meaning if you're not part of this club, which I couldn't be bothered to join, there's quite a big fee to pay for wi-fi. Majority of hotels and even small resorts nowadays give wi-fi for free, for any hotel to still commodity it is opportunistic and frankly old-fashioned.
- The entire design of this hotel is quite stale. Hotel lobby looks like its been unchanged since the late 90s, the vibe was that of a lame suburb instead of the thriving city that is Melbourne.
- Beds in the room were comfortable, but furnishing can be strange. Toilets had cheap metal cups, and a shower curtain built on the same IKEA plastic rail I bought years ago for an apartment when I was broke.
- The breakfast buffet is awful. Stayed there for a week with an option to eat breakfast there everyday, but I only went twice. Has all the hallmark of a good hotel breakfast (eggs,toast,juices) - but it translated poorly. Soggy scrambled eggs, stale bread, boxed juices. Melbourne has an infinite number of breakfast places that are excellent, to eat here would be to waste that opportunity.
Overall, an OK place to stay in. You'll sleep very comfortably and the staff will go out of their way to help you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the luxury Melbourne Marriott Hotel features exceptional facilities and service that is unparalleled amongst other Melbourne luxury hotels. Boutique in size, yet grand in style, the Marriott offers the perfect welcome. Featuring spacious rooms, starting from 36 square meters in size, our luxury Melbourne hotel's accommodations are at the center of the city's theater precinct and just minutes from the shopping delights of Bourke and Collins streets, as well as the cultural and culinary extravaganza of Chinatown, Melbourne Museum and Royal Exhibition Building. For sports enthusiasts, our hotel is a short walk from MCG and Rod Laver Arena and only a seven-minute tram ride to Etihad Stadium. And for business travelers, we offer stylish, state-of-the-art event space for up to 250 guests, as well as on-site event managers, exceptional catering and a full-service business center. Discover a leader among luxury Melbourne hotels at Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Marriott, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Melbourne Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Melbourne
- Melbourne Marriott