“Great location and good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melbourne Marriott Hotel

You added Melbourne Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Melbourne Marriott Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Exhibition And Lonsdale Streets, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Summer Stay & Save Sale
Ranked #12 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Detroit, Michigan, USA
“Great location and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel is located right in the Melbourne, Australia, downtown area. It is very convenient to go to many good restaurants, shops and entertainment within walking distance. Be aware that shops are usually closed before 7 pm. Room is fine - not too big not too small. Hotel service is great. Executive lounge is small but good enough for a quick breakfast and happy hours cocktail. The happy hours cocktail provides many good wines, food and dessert. The food can fill you up so that you most likely do not need your dinner anymore.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Stanley C,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review following your recent stay with us here at the Melbourne Marriott Hotel.

It sounds like you got to experience our executive lounge during your stay with us, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our happy cocktail that we do every evening!

I do hope you consider staying with us again when you are next visiting Melbourne.

Edward White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed there for 4 nights for bussiness trip,,first time I enter the room I was amazed that the room is very big..The staff was very helpfull and friendly,,once I asked about the direction of a shopping center and tourism attraction nearby,,they explained to us clearly...so we didn't find any trouble to found it..
Maybe if there was a sugesstion from me,is the breakfast menu..I think the breakfast menu was less varied..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear BayoeJabor,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

It is very pleasing to hear that you were "amazed" by our rooms! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team.

We have taken on your feedback about the breakfast.

Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were sent to The Marriott at the last minute when the accommodation we had previously arranged double booked us. We experienced helpful service, bubbles on arrival, a spacious room, comfortable bed, soft sheets, polite staff, and great coffee in their cafe. The location is fantastic as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kristin S,

Thank you very much for writing such a lovely review about your recent stay with us here at Melbourne Marriott!

I am very glad that both you and your partner enjoyed your stay here. You are right when in saying we have a fantastic location we certainly are very lucky to be right in the heart of the city!

I hope you choose to stay with us here at Melbourne Marriott

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had a wonderful experience here. The concierge, Yasin, helped me find a restaurant and helped me find ways to get around the city. He suggested a wonderful japanese restaurant called Sake and it was great! I would suggest this hotel any friends and family.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor and it had a lovely little balcony. Great for a coffee in the morning with...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Rachel B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a post about your recent visit to the Melbourne Marriott.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and got to expereince some of the excellent restaurants we have in Melbourne!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The staff from check in to daily meetings with the concierge were friendly and helpful. The hotel is located close to Tram stops, within walking distance to Victoria Market, China Town, Melbourne Museum and the Old Melbourne Gaol (jail).

Our room had a large flat panel television, sofa, chair and desk in addition to our king size bed.

I would highly recommend the Melbourne Marriott Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Karen F,

Wow such a fantastic review! Thank you very much Karen!

It is so pleasing to hear that you enjoyed our hotel from the moment you checked in. It sounds like you got to stay in one of our King Bedroom Suites they certainly are very spacious, and perfect for a relaxing getaway.

I do hope we get to welcome you and your partner back to the hotel in the future!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Well located, wonderful amenities, beautifully decorated rooms and as a Marriott Rewards member, they really know how to make you feel welcome and at home!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Nicolke,

Wow such a positive reivew! Thank you for taking the time to post this on tripadvisor.

It is pleasing to hear that we made you feel welcome and at home, this is what we aim to do.

Look forward to seeing you when you next visit Melbourne!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have recently spent 2 weeks at the Marriott, I was pleasantly surprised on how helpful the staff are, This being my first time Australia and didn't know anything that was going on and felt quite intimidated by the huge city. However, By the first couple of days, I was navigating around and knew what was happening, I would like to say a special thank you to Brian that worked at the hotel at Breakfast for given me a great selection of things i can do in the evening. A proper Tour Guide.. I would also like to say thank you to Lucy in the bar for ideal chit chat... I really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear GCrean,

Thank you so much for your very flattering review following your recent visit to Melbourne Marriott!

I am glad that our staff could help you out and make you feel comoftable around the city during your first visit to Australia, I do hope we made a good impression.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Brian and Lucy.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Edward White

Been to Melbourne Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!