“Big Room,Wonderful staff..Nice place to stay for bussiness trip and vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melbourne Marriott Hotel

Save Saved
You added Melbourne Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Melbourne Marriott Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Exhibition And Lonsdale Streets, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #15 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“Big Room,Wonderful staff..Nice place to stay for bussiness trip and vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed there for 4 nights for bussiness trip,,first time I enter the room I was amazed that the room is very big..The staff was very helpfull and friendly,,once I asked about the direction of a shopping center and tourism attraction nearby,,they explained to us clearly...so we didn't find any trouble to found it..
Maybe if there was a sugesstion from me,is the breakfast menu..I think the breakfast menu was less varied..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear BayoeJabor,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

It is very pleasing to hear that you were "amazed" by our rooms! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team.

We have taken on your feedback about the breakfast.

687 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Indonesian first
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were sent to The Marriott at the last minute when the accommodation we had previously arranged double booked us. We experienced helpful service, bubbles on arrival, a spacious room, comfortable bed, soft sheets, polite staff, and great coffee in their cafe. The location is fantastic as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kristin S,

Thank you very much for writing such a lovely review about your recent stay with us here at Melbourne Marriott!

I am very glad that both you and your partner enjoyed your stay here. You are right when in saying we have a fantastic location we certainly are very lucky to be right in the heart of the city!

I hope you choose to stay with us here at Melbourne Marriott

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had a wonderful experience here. The concierge, Yasin, helped me find a restaurant and helped me find ways to get around the city. He suggested a wonderful japanese restaurant called Sake and it was great! I would suggest this hotel any friends and family.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor and it had a lovely little balcony. Great for a coffee in the morning with...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Rachel B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a post about your recent visit to the Melbourne Marriott.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and got to expereince some of the excellent restaurants we have in Melbourne!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The staff from check in to daily meetings with the concierge were friendly and helpful. The hotel is located close to Tram stops, within walking distance to Victoria Market, China Town, Melbourne Museum and the Old Melbourne Gaol (jail).

Our room had a large flat panel television, sofa, chair and desk in addition to our king size bed.

I would highly recommend the Melbourne Marriott Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Karen F,

Wow such a fantastic review! Thank you very much Karen!

It is so pleasing to hear that you enjoyed our hotel from the moment you checked in. It sounds like you got to stay in one of our King Bedroom Suites they certainly are very spacious, and perfect for a relaxing getaway.

I do hope we get to welcome you and your partner back to the hotel in the future!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Well located, wonderful amenities, beautifully decorated rooms and as a Marriott Rewards member, they really know how to make you feel welcome and at home!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Nicolke,

Wow such a positive reivew! Thank you for taking the time to post this on tripadvisor.

It is pleasing to hear that we made you feel welcome and at home, this is what we aim to do.

Look forward to seeing you when you next visit Melbourne!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have recently spent 2 weeks at the Marriott, I was pleasantly surprised on how helpful the staff are, This being my first time Australia and didn't know anything that was going on and felt quite intimidated by the huge city. However, By the first couple of days, I was navigating around and knew what was happening, I would like to say a special thank you to Brian that worked at the hotel at Breakfast for given me a great selection of things i can do in the evening. A proper Tour Guide.. I would also like to say thank you to Lucy in the bar for ideal chit chat... I really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear GCrean,

Thank you so much for your very flattering review following your recent visit to Melbourne Marriott!

I am glad that our staff could help you out and make you feel comoftable around the city during your first visit to Australia, I do hope we made a good impression.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Brian and Lucy.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

First of all, hate to rate this a 3, but have to call it like I see it :-(. I stayed here on a business trip and was here for a week in October. Overall, this is a good hotel with a LOT of potential. Unfortunately, I don't think it was up to the Marriott standards.

Here is a list of things that need to be fixed: 1) Concierge desk: I asked for directions during my stay, and at least 4 times they were in error--either wrong address, correct address but restaurant not there (really unbelievable), or the location of where I wanted to go was a half block on the other side of where I was sent? Very confusing. Easily fixed with a set of "verified" list of recommendations. Most hotels have lists of recommendations. My favorite recommendation "oh, I know of a great place with fantastic food but I can't remember the name--it's near a place--do you know where that is?". Not something the new to the city traveler would expect!
2) Dry cleaning contractor not good: wrinkles in shirts, buttons broken, etc. I completely missed the buttons, but who checks their dry cleaning orders until you pull the clothes out ready to wear? Maybe this was my bad?
3) Room service consistently missed something: orange juice when ordered, but not delivered, no maple syrup with pancakes, etc. This isn't too difficult?
4) Sauna door would not close, it just won't stay shut allowing the hot air (the reason you're in there in the first place) to escape.
5) Restaurant orders wrong--really? I ordered a cappuccino with soy and received a soy decaf cappuccino. Of course they replaced it, but what a waste of time, effort, and resources. One of their signature dishes, like the salmon, was just not quite right (tasty).
6) Dated eclectic, almost modern, furniture in the room.
7) Roof leaked when it rained at the pool, so there was a lot of water all over the deck and the stairs to the deck, making this a safety hazard. The stairs did have non-slip tape on them, but they were still puddled wet because of the leaky roof.

The good:
1) Plenty of large towels at the pool!
2) Wonderful, friendly staff in all areas, including the concierge--they just couldn't get directions or orders right!
3) Executive club food was fine, same daily choices but basically a mini breakfast buffet downstairs. Wonderful staff in the Exec lounge!
4) Great, central location in the middle of the city. Close walking distance to China town, Little Italy, and lots of restaurants!
5) Housekeeping did a great job!

I really hate to give such a mediocre report, but all of these things can be fixed! Look (hope) for better reports along the way!

Room Tip: Ask for a city view, as the other side of the hotel is up against an apartment/condo complex that lo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Usaflyer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review following your recent experience with us here at the hotel.

Your comments have all been taken on board and addressed with the team. It saddens me to hear that you did not have the best experience with us, and I would very much like to speak with you further about your stay.

Please do feel free to get in contact with me directly at the hotel. I look forward to speaking with you.

Harry Singh

Been to Melbourne Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!