“Fantastic hotel! Stay here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melbourne Marriott Hotel

Save Saved
You added Melbourne Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Melbourne Marriott Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Exhibition And Lonsdale Streets, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #10 of 170 Hotels in Melbourne
“Fantastic hotel! Stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic hotel!! Brilliant location and beautiful rooms. On arrival we were greeted by friendly staff and Champagne (lovely touch). Highly recommend to stay here. Espresso Bar next door also serves a good coffee :)

• Stayed October 2013
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Bernadette_CD,

Wow! Thank you ver much for taking the time to post a review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay right from check in! I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our barista in the Espresso Bar.

I do hope we see you back at the hotel in the near future.

Edward White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Indonesian first
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel is on the edge of the hypercentre and easy distance for the park, the Chinese restaurant area and the market (free tram). The rooms are spacious and comfortable. There can be a bit of a queue in the morning around 9am, so it's a good idea to settle your bill the night before and keep away from the mini bar! There is one restaurant. It's not five star, but it's reliable. I love my take away a cappuccino in the morning. I look forward to it.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms off the road.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Dubaijouurnal,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review detailing your recent stay with us here at Melbourne Marriott.

It is pleasing to hear that you enjoyed all of the attractions around the hotel such as the markets, china town and the amazing park up the road!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was lucky enough to stay here for 3 nights. The staff were very friendly and especially helpful with getting me a room a little early, as I had just got off a 5am flight from overseas and was extremely tired. The staff here were also helpful with regards to where things were to see and also obtaining internet service.
Thanks again for a great time.

Room Tip: I had one of the rooms at the back of the hotel, as a view wasn't a concern. This I think was go...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Robyn C,

I am delighted to hear that you had such a fantastic stay with us recently!

Our staff certainly do go above and beyond to make all of our guests feel sepcial.

I hope to see you back at the hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I checked in for one night and went to a concert. On the way to the room the concierge asked us about our evening and about an hour later a complimentary bottle of wine and chocolates were brought to the room with a card!

The room was lovely and bed sooo comfy! The location is superb, so close to Chinatown and everything Melbourne cbd has to offer.

Valet parking is worth every penny!

Thanks Marriott :-) we had a beautiful time.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Brakes80,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a glowing review following your recent stay with us!

It sounds like you and your partner had a great time in Melbourne, we certainly are very fortunate to be situated so close to the theatres. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our concierge team.

I do hope that you consider staying with us next time you visit Melbourne!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I love this hotel, everything here is a pleasure because the staff are so friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is great, but the staff are awesome. No exceptions found yet and I've stayed here many times.

Rooms, etc are all what you expect from a Marriott, ie spacious, clean, including plenty of small luxuries. The location is fine. The staff are the real reason to be here though!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kevimurp,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and post a photo of your recent expereince with us here at Melbourne Marriott!

It is very pleasing to here that as a repeat guest our staff continue to impress!

I do hope we get to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My partner and I were in Melbourne for a long weekend recently competing in the Melbourne Marathon. We based ourselves at this hotel for three fantastic nights in a one bedroom suite. The suite was lovely, very spacious and well decorated. Both the living area and the bedroom have large windows, which let in lots of natural light, which I always think makes a big difference to a hotel room.

The bathroom is lovely and modern, with a really large shower. I love a nice soft bed with big thick white doona, so this was right up my alley and I slept like a baby, or maybe that had something to do with the 42.2km I had run, either way, it was great.

We enjoyed buffet breakfast one morning on our stay. $35 each and the buffet was very well laid out with lots of yummy food to choose from. One of the chefs was even out wandering around talking to guests, which was a nice touch.

The only issue during our stay was that one of the televisions in our suite wasn't working. A repair man came and attempted to fix it without success, as a result it ended up being out of order for much of our stay. Despite having another working TV in the bedroom, we were still compensated for the inconvenience by having bottle of wine and box of chocolates sent to the room from guest relations, which we happily enjoyed.

The common theme wherever you go at this hotel is that the people you deal with are universally fantastic! From the man cleaning the pool area who turned the spa back for us a number of times when it reached the end of its cycle to save us getting out of the water to do it, or the waiter at breakfast who upon seeing I was reading a newspaper but my partner didn't have one brought him one to the table, the staff just went out of their way to assist.

There were a few signs around the hotel when we stayed promoting the fact that Marriott Australia had just won an "employer of choice" award, if the attitude of the staff during our stay is any guide as to how happy the staff are in their job, then the award is certainly well deserved. I might add also, I had another similarly great experience earlier this year at the Marriott in Brisbane.

If I had one minor issue, and this is really nit picking, it would be that the bathrobes looked as if they had maybe been around the block a few to many times and really needed to be replaced.

There are many good five star hotels in the Melbourne CBD, from my experience recently at the Marriott it is the little things the staff do to go that extra mile that make this a great five star hotel and one that we will definitely return to when we next need a hotel in Melbourne.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Brisboy77,

WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this incredible review!

It is very pleasing to hear all of our guests feedback and stories. Congratulations on completing the 42.2km marathon what an ahievement! I am glad that our staff ensured you could relax and enjoy the rest of your stay.

I do hope we get to welcome you and your partner back to the hotel when you are next planning a visit to Melbourne.

Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Checking in - very efficient. Everything was done before I could even have my second sip of the complimentary sparkling wine!

Room - clean and spacious. A queen bed with duvet. Bed's a bit on the soft side for me but still ok.
There was a proper counter for making drinks which is useful.
I like the fact they even have an adapter for non Aust traveller. Very handy.

Anything else I would like to have? complimentary drinking water and bedroom slippers ( lucky i had the ones from the airlines)

Breakfast - no complains at all. Service staff was very friendly. Reasonable spread.

Gym and swimming pool - the pool is small so I didnt bother. There were 3 threadmills, a couple of bicyle etc - small but adequate.

Event - now, this is the impressive bit. All the staff especially Louis, the manager in charge go the extra mile to make sure everything was perfect!

Well done Marriott!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear MummyYap,

Thak you so much for your review outlining your recent experience at Melbourne Marriott.

It sounds like you experienced most of our hotels facilities and got to enjoy one of the events we had - I have passed on your kind words to Louis and the rest of the team.

I do hope to see you again soon wether it is on business travel or when you next visit Melbourne for a holiday!

Edward White

Been to Melbourne Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!