“Excellent service.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melbourne Marriott Hotel

You added Melbourne Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Melbourne Marriott Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Exhibition And Lonsdale Streets, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kuala Lumpur
“Excellent service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Checking in - very efficient. Everything was done before I could even have my second sip of the complimentary sparkling wine!

Room - clean and spacious. A queen bed with duvet. Bed's a bit on the soft side for me but still ok.
There was a proper counter for making drinks which is useful.
I like the fact they even have an adapter for non Aust traveller. Very handy.

Anything else I would like to have? complimentary drinking water and bedroom slippers ( lucky i had the ones from the airlines)

Breakfast - no complains at all. Service staff was very friendly. Reasonable spread.

Gym and swimming pool - the pool is small so I didnt bother. There were 3 threadmills, a couple of bicyle etc - small but adequate.

Event - now, this is the impressive bit. All the staff especially Louis, the manager in charge go the extra mile to make sure everything was perfect!

Well done Marriott!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear MummyYap,

Thak you so much for your review outlining your recent experience at Melbourne Marriott.

It sounds like you experienced most of our hotels facilities and got to enjoy one of the events we had - I have passed on your kind words to Louis and the rest of the team.

I do hope to see you again soon wether it is on business travel or when you next visit Melbourne for a holiday!

Edward White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

From the moment we pulled up outside the hotel in Exhibition St we were made to feel special. Ben the concierge seems to be one of those people who is the right person in the right job. Our luggage was unpacked onto a trolley and our car taken care of. It had been a long drive and we were made to feel very welcome. The hotel was in the ideal position 5 minutes from the freeway in the heart of the CBD and so close to some excellent eating places . I cannot think of any negatives to express, everything was just so well done. The room was large, spotless and luxurious, loved the shower. Great value all round. I think it was the small things that made it such an enjoyable stay. We mentioned to Ben that we were going to see the King Kong musical at the Regent. When we returned home that night we found a plate of 6 hand made exquisite chocolates, a complimentary bottle of very nice wine and a card saying that they hoped we had a great time at the show. The next day Ben gave us a map and directions and we spent the day in Old Melbourne Gaol, that was worth it. The final nice touch was a small bag of lollies on the passenger seat of the car when it was delivered back to us with a card wishing us farewell and thanking us for staying with them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bob P,

WOW!! Thank you so much for the absolutely lovely review of your recent expereince with us at Melbourne Marriott.

I am so glad that you shared your story with us, I will be sure to pass on your very positive comments to Ben and the rest of the team.

It sounds like you had an amazing time whilst in Melbourne seeing King Kong and expereincing the old Melbourne Gaol.

I do hope to welcome you and your parnter back in the not too distant future!

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nice decent, comfortable hotel at very reasonable prices. Very centrally located in the Melbourne CBD close to public transport, cinemas, restaurants and anything else you could possibly need. Consider this on your next visit to Melbourne

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jayat S,

I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us recently, whilst you were travelling on business.

I do hope that to see you back at the hotel in the near future!

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed 1 night with my daughter. Great Location, easy walking distance to theatre entertainment, China town and city centre. Large appointed rooms, very clean and comfortable. Staff were very helpful and polite, concierge were very friendly.
Only negative, which does not in any way impact the hotel standard is while checking in we were told our room was on the 5th floor and it was made to sound "special". Our view was a brick wall!
and also there was going to be a complimentry bottle of wine being sent to our room...It never arrived! Besides this, I do recommend this hotel and I myself will stay again. (Just wont believe what I'm told)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear elle2461,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us here at Melbourne Marriott.

I am glad you and daughter were able to enjoy all of the great theatres and shops we have close by. Sorry to hear that you had an issue with the wine for your room, this has been noted, and I will follow up with the reception staff.

Please feel free to get in contact with me directly when you are next thinking of visiting Melbourne.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and friendly staff. Great location. Good standard. Nice rooms. We used the pool a bit since my five year old is crazy about swimming. Pool is fine, but they need changing rooms next to it. Bathrooms are good. The only thing was that the bed was a bit weird - way too soft for my liking. Would go again however. We ate in China town a few minutes from the hotel one night and at Trunk just next door the other. Trunk was great!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Jonashomaa,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your rececent experience with us here at Melbourne Marriott.

I am so glad that you got to spend time and relax with your family and enjoy some of our facilities such as the pool.

Your comments about the changing room in the pool are and matress in the bedroom has been noted.

I do hope that we get to welcome you and your family back to the hotel when you are next visiting Melbourne.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed overnight for business. Large well appointed room, with plenty of power points and an iPhone Dock/charger. All the staff were very helpful and polite, particularly the concierges.
Only quibble is having to pay for WiFi and the prices of the room service meals.

• Stayed October 2013
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Familydrive,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent experience with us.

It pleases me to hear that the room was very suitable for you whilst travelling for business, and that our staff and concierge team made you feel welcome.

With regards to our WiFi we do have a charge as most CBD hotels do, however it is free for Marriott Rewards Members and it is free to become a member, so I will follow up with our Front Office staff as we do aim to make our guests aware of this.

I do hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Moe, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Once again my wife and I stayed here and from the moment we pulled up in our car we where greeted by friendly staff who quickly assisted with luggage and escorted us to reception where we were given a lovely glass of champagne. with a quick check in completed we were on our way to our room. the room, like previous visits was clean and tidy and very bright with a large window that allowed plenty of sunshine in. like other times we were treated very well and I sincerely believe that this is a quality five star hotel and well worth staying at. it is very close and within easy walking distance to the theatre entertainment area of Melbourne.

Room Tip: worth staying at if you like good service