“Great hotel, but warm room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melbourne Marriott Hotel

Save Saved
You added Melbourne Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Melbourne Marriott Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Exhibition And Lonsdale Streets, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #15 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Barwon Heads, Australia
“Great hotel, but warm room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Everything went smoothly from check-in to check-out. Staff are wonderful and very professional. Rooms are big and very comfortable. I found the temperature control to be a bit annoying though - I was quite warm all night despite having the temperature set to its lowest level. Would definitely stay here again. Location was terrific - Chinatown right at your doorstep and convenient for sporting events at the MCG, AAMI Park and Rod Laver Arena.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear puntrd,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and post some gret photos of your recent stay with us here at Melbourne Marriott.

Sorry to hear you were having trouble with temperature control in the room, our front office staff are always willing to help in these situations. I am pleased though that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and got to explore a few of the attractions that surround us.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us when you are next in town.

686 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Hi

I Stayed at the marriott last week when I came to watch king kong with my partner and moment we got off from the car the service was exceptional, small made Asian gent helped us with the bags and car & a young gentleman name peter who had a genuine smiling face waiting to check us in as if we were his favorite guest even before we even checked in who made us feel so welcoming to the hotel which is very rare to see now a days in hotels & after coming from the show we had card and wine as well and guess who it was from PETER , also in the restaurant the staff was extremely helpful and friendly and breakfast buffet was beautiful,

want to thank you for accommodating us with such genuine care and I would love to say it was one our best hotel stays ever and will definitely come back and please pass on my appreciation towards your staff and specifically peter who made the x Factor for us ,

• Stayed August 2013
Dear ralphii,

WOW what an amazing review to read! Thank you so much, it is reviews like these that inspires myself and the team to deliver exceptional guest expereinces day after day.

I am so pleased to hear of your experience with our staff, in particular Peter. Our staff certainly do love going the extra mile to make our guests feel special.

Your story has been shared with the team.

Thank you once again we do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great location.very informative concierge .stayed with my wife and two kids for a week. Definitely will be back when I'm in Melbourne . They even help to park our rental car and return it to the car rental company.

Room Tip: Don't take the club room. Not worth it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear KSK24JAM,

Thank you very much for the review on your recent stay with us.

Our concierge team definetely do take great pride in knowing the latest happenings in Melbourne, I am glad they were able to make your stay with us memorable.

I do hope we get to welcome you and your family back in the near future.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We loved this hotel. First, the service was outstanding. We were unilaterally upgraded to a suite because our booked room wasn't ready. Our room was fantastic. We had an enormous living room and a large separate bedroom. There were two bathrooms, which is such an added convenience for a family of four. The beds were very comfortable. Room service was great. The concierge service was excellent. They booked us theater and museum exhibit tickets. They also directed us to a nearby wash and fold laundry when I mentioned the high cost of the hotel laundry. They even sent someone to pick up our laundry for us when we were at the museum exhibit when the laundry was ready. Unbelievably nice and accommodating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear 1Karen1,

Thank you so much for your absolutely lovely review of your recent expereince at Melbourne Marriott in one of our King Suites.

I am delighted to hear you found our staff service "outstanding" we pride ourselves on providing that wow factor, I will be sure to share your story with the team.

It also sounds you like you made the most of your time in Melbourne by enjoying the theatre and musuem which are both close by!

I do hope to be able to welcome you and your family back when you next visit Melbourne.

Camarillo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Last year I stayed at the Hotel on a number of occasions. It is in a great location for business and pleasure. You can walk most places, public transportation is at your doorstep.

The facilities are very good. Good gym, with a unique setting. The Staff are the best. As an example, my batteries for my laptop mouse ran out one afternoon. There was a store, right across the street, I came down and was going to run across to purchase replacements. The Staff saw me, asked if they could do anything, then just got me some batteries out of thier stock. Many stories like that.

There are a lot higher priced hotels in Melbourne, and I stayed in some of those, but none better, than the Melbourne Marriott.

Dutch Schultz

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear 808Dutch32,

Wow! Thank you so much for your very flattering review of your recent stay with us here at the Melbourne Marriott.

It is very pleasing to hear that you enjoy the hotels location, as you mentioned we are in a great position to cater for both business and leisure travellers being close to the heart of the city it is very convenient.

I will definetely pass on your kind words to the front office team, we constantly aim to exceed guests expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Typically I am a business traveler & this hotel generally caters to business people. I found the premises to equal or exceed Marriott's standards & found the staff to be very friendly & courteous.
I will return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Tony C,

Thank you so much for your post and rating following your recent stay with us.

I am so thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed your experience with us both whilst on business and on vacation.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel during your next visit.

Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Champagne and a friendly welcome, from a whole array of staff, on arrival. Very quiet room, exceptionally quiet, on the 8th floor. Room layout with passage leading to bathroom very good. Not sure that wireless internet was working. Café downstairs did a very good breakfast. Easy walking distance for shopping, very close to theatres. Enjoyed Trunk restaurant a few doors away.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MML651,

WOW! Thankyou so much for such a great review on your recent stay with us here at the Melbourne Marriott.

It is very pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay right from the beginning with a freidnly check in and complimentary glass of champagne.

Our chefs do an excellent job with the buffet breakfasts and it is always reassuring to get given some positive feedback so I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the team.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Melbourne Marriott soon.

Edward White

Been to Melbourne Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!