“Enoyed Our Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melbourne Marriott Hotel

Save Saved
You added Melbourne Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Melbourne Marriott Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Exhibition And Lonsdale Streets, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Receive $100 credit
Ranked #15 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
“Enoyed Our Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed here for a Saturday night getaway in the city. Huge room, very clean and great shower. Very comfortable beds and pillows.
Great location to Chinatown and Zaras. Easy walking distance to Federation Square or MCG Perfect getaway stay. Will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

689 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Indonesian first
Rutherglen, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband was due for an operation on the 15th May so we decided to have a special night the night prior to his operation. I took the wotif.com 5 star mystery deal and we were excited when we discovered we got the Marriott as it's reputation has always been good.

Our personal experience was excellent. We were greeted at the reception desk with a glass of sparkling wine and as we were checking in the girl on reception enquired where we were from and what we had planned for our Melbourne visit. I mention it was a treat before hubby's operation and she said "Well we need to make tonight special for you then" and promptly upgraded us to a 1 bedroom suite (faint)

The room was HUGE.....the TV huge in the lounge room with comfortable chair and a footstool. The bedroom was huge with a walk-in dressing area and another huge TV.The bathroom (with robes supplied) was big and comfortable and I love the little extra touches like an emery board which I actually neededand a toothbrush set which hubby needed as he's forgotten his. The shower was hot and excellent.

We decided to eat downstairs at the restaurant and chose the Seafood Stack for two...reasonably priced at $58 for the two of us....it was HUGE we couldn't eat it all even though we were hungry. The service was excellent especially our waiter Andy who was attentive without being annoying and conversational with us about our trip etc. Then we returned to our room.

We found there was an indoor pool and whirlpool and we decided a relaxing spa would be a great end to the day (be aware the bubbles stop at 10pm even though the sign says 11 ....maybe the timer was still on daylight savings time?) But the water was warm and relaxing.

We slept peacefully on a pillow topped mattress and the european style pillows were wonderful....I wished I could have taken one home with me! :)

The next morning we returned to the restaurant for the buffett breakfast (do not miss the Berry Smoothies as they are delicious!!!) and the usually fare was there along with attention staff who were quick to top up your coffee or even offer to go get an omelette made up for you. As hubby was being operated on he really enjoyed watching me feast! LOL

Bottom line is a hotel is there to supply you with a bed....it's the quality of the bed, the room and the service you receive from staff that makes your stay special and the Marriott Melbourne and their staff made our stay exceptional

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor which is the same floor as the pool/whirlpool/gym this meant it was a q...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, particularly as it was a treat prior to your husband's operation. Hope all went well and by now he is on the road to recovery. Your appreciation has been passed on to Andy who looked after you for dinner in our restaurant. Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Marriot continues its level of class in melbourne and we had a wonderful stay!
Our room was large enough to host 10 other people if we wanted, but we were only booked in for a romantic getaway for the two of us!

The shower was one of the best hotel showers i have experienced and the bed was one of the most comfiest!

We had views of the CBD from our room and the concierge staff were helpful and welcomed us with glasses of Champagne on arrival!

We will definately be back!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with views of the CBD
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Marriott has a name for quality in the industry and this one absolutely achieves the expectations of quality service.
Initiatlly I'd planned on staying for two nights in a place as cheap as I could get, but when you pay less you get less so I instead opted for a brand name I've had good experience with in the past.

Check in was smooth and efficient, with help from the courteous and well trained front desk staff.
My room was clean, modern and well kept. My only note concerning cleanliness was their decision during room design to include a cream leather sofa as part of the decor. This of course was stained with a thousand uses before mine with a dark sheen of dirt. Nothing more than wear and tear - it was certainly clean just stained.

The bed was firm and the mountain of pillows were a smorgasbord of choice.

Television was large and worked well, with the added option of pay TV channels in addition to the regular.

The mini bar was stocked, though I didn't opt to use it.

In particular I liked that the shower head (which seems to be a worldwide trait of the hotel chain) was actually useful with decent pressure and I didn't have to walk around under it in order to bathe. The bathroom as a whole was well designed and spacious.

I didn't eat in the restaurant but I did take room service on my second morning, enjoying the expensive but well put together hot breakfast option. My eggs were tasty, bacon exceptionally cooked for this country and fruit was lovely. The hash browns contained onion, which isn't my cup of tea at breakfast time and the 'warm' pastry/bread options I'd selected were quite cool by the time they reached my door however with so much food it wasn't a dampener.
By the time I got to remembering the hot chocolate I'd ordered with the meal, my server had returned with apologies that it was forgotten the first time around.

Service from the baggage gentlemen was fantastic, I was approached immediately after leaving the elevator on my way to the front desk to ask if I needed a taxi to the airport. My bags were whisked away for me as I checked out and the taxi awaited me directly outside the door.

The location is good, though in the northern end of the immediate CBD its still quite close to China town and a short walk to both QV and Melbourne Central.

Overall I'd highly recommend this hotel for anybody visiting the Melbourne CBD, and I will definitely be returning here in future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay with us at the Melbourne Marriott. Feedback is greatly appreciated and we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
JAMP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

found this hotel to be really nice , the service was excellent , not far from Bourke st , the buffer breakfast down stairs was 1st class , all the staff were willing to help you @ all times, worth taken the family to this hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

We got this as a wot mystery deal and when I looked it up it looked great. We got there and everything was good at the start. We got "upgraded" to a courtyard room which had "private" courtyards with a small table and chairs and an ask tray, for non smokers that's fine with us. During the night we got woken up at midnight by a group next door using our private courtyard and talking very loud. Then awoken again an hour later by next door to loud noises of them enjoying each others company, first time heard anything through hotel room walls, anywhere we have stayed. So it's fair to say we will NOT be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you sincerely for your feedback. We were most upset to hear of the disturbance during the night from outside - particularly guests from the next room using your courtyard ! I do wish you had contacted our Manager on Duty at the time and the matter would have been quickly dealt with. I hope you will give us another chance.
Langwarrin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We chose this hotel due to it's very close proximity to the surrounding theatres and the great deal we received which included accommodation, meals and valet parking. We could not have been happier with out choice. The service from the staff was quite simply, exceptional. The room was spacious and clean. Our meals in the restaurant were faultless although the kitchen to table time was a little slow. I would highly recommend a stay at this wonderful hotel and look forward to a return visit in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: The sofa bed was quite uncomfortable so I would recommend twin beds when sharing the room with anoth...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Melbourne Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!