“Nice to be back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Melbourne on the Park

You added Pullman Melbourne on the Park to your Saves list
Pullman Melbourne on the Park
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   192 Wellington Parade, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia (Formerly Hilton On The Park Melbourne)   |
Ranked #112 of 169 Hotels in Melbourne
Adelaide
“Nice to be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I used to stay at this hotel many years ago on a regular basis (when it was owned by another chain) and so it was with some excitement that I booked in for a recent one night stay.

The hotel is in a great position for anyone needing to head to the MCG and it is just a short stroll into the CBD. The hotel itself is feeling a little old these days and probably needs a bit of a re-furb - but having said that I really could not fault my recent stay. The staff were all lovely, I was able to easily get a late check out so I could get some work done and all the room amenities worked fine, except for the wi-fi which (on the 16th floor at least) was a little flaky.

Dinner was nice, but like many international hotels, a little pricey and serves on the small size.

I'll certainly return.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Albury, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Classy Hotel excellent staff, spoilt by noisy exhaust fan in bathroom
like being in back of plane all night.Rooms clean and comfortable quality fittings.Easy access parking and short walk to St Kilda beachside dining and yummy cakeshops.

Room Tip: ask for lake view room
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed here after getting a Secret Hotel deal - paid $141 for a superior room with King bed. In Melbourne for football and shopping - perfect location for both, overlooking the MCG and a stroll through the gardens to Paris end of Collins St.
yes, the building itself is a bit tired, but has a great feel to it. Staff went out of their way, let us leave the car parked there until 2pm even though we had checked out.
The week before I stayed at oaks wrap on southbank, and even though it was new and modern it felt cold and soulless compared to this grand old lady (formerly the Hilton)
The tv and shower were a bit small, but had plenty going for it and would happily stay again, especially if going to the MCG.

Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I was full of concerns regarding this hotel and a dated decor after the brand changing from Hilton. Decor was ok, I saw "age" in the bathroom, but nothing too major. Rooms are nice, so the core product (accommodation) is fully provided.

I had some issues with wifi which were fixed and sorted out, let's say without a delay and with some compensation. However, even after fixing wifi was playing a bit in certain areas of the room, but it looks that it is a common issue in Australia's hotels.

Additionally, I think that the procedure of internet trouble shooting is not functional. Why a hotel guest needs to contact an external provider, if it is not a problem with their devices, but with a router. On top of it, I was initially charged for a phone call to the internet provider! Attention to details...

All of the accor le club platinum's benefits were provided. Hotel really appreciate loyal accor customers. I really enjoyed being recognised.

I went to the restaurant and I was shocked that nobody was paying any attention to me. So, I came over to the counter and made an order. Order was taken quite quickly, but I needed to wait like 30 minutes at least, maybe even more. It was around 3 pm, so it was not busy at all.

I ordered a beef burger with wedges instead of fries. Burger was yuck. The bun was dry and not really fresh. The meet was inedible. Dry too. It was a dreadful experience to eat it. I took a photo of the burger, because nobody would believe me that something like that can happen in a 5 star hotel. Wedges dry too. Without chilli sauce and a sour cream though. I asked for it then. However, I didn't manage to eat it. Why? It was mixed together on a small plate and when the server was bringing it, he was laughing to a cook or someone like that. I got an impression that someone has spat on it, so I didn't eat it. It was looking not apathetic, so I needed to eat all of this very dry food without anything to make my food experience better.

Food in executive lounge was ok. Interesting selection. However, in the morning they should provide some spreads and sauces (hummus, cream cheese, HP, tomato sauce) and maybe some boiled eggs. For dinner - more meat. Two days in row the food was mostly vegetarian. I love Evian water which was served in the lounge. Good choice!

Overall, a good hotel to stay, but don't eat there. The food is mediocre, expensive and you will be treated without any respect.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Burnie, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Had a 4 day stop at the Pullman or former Hilton to attend a NDIS conference This once was a grand hotel but is tired A refurbishment is underway so they may fix things like the showers over the bath that put water on everything but the body.Rooms are clean but the ones facing the MCG are noisy. I asked the desk to organize tickets for the Footy and they were super efficient The tariff was reasonable but we declined the outrageously expensive breakfast and dined 50 meters away for a fraction of the price The major problem for ourselves and other people staying there was the problem with the door cards demagnetizing This was obviously an ongoing problem and needs to be fixed

Room Tip: book a room not facing the MCG
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Erkin A, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne on the Park, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Tony,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent visit at Pullman Melbourne on the Park. I appreciate your comments and opportunity to respond.

Naturally I was pleased to note you were satisfied with most aspects of your stay, however, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused with your room keys malfunctioning. Rest assured that we have shared this with the appropriate management for monitoring as a result - thanks for letting us know.

Further to your comments regarding the conditon of the hotel, we do have plans to upgrade the property this year including new televisions in all of our guest rooms and hope you see improvements in future visits.

In reviewing our breakfast pricing we have found that we are still very competitive with other International Hotels in Melbourne CBD.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Pullamn Melbourne on the Park - there will always be a warm welcome waiting

With kind regards

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Booked into Pullman as attending a wedding at the Pavilion, Fitzroy Gardens, upgraded to an Executive suite on 18th floor, with afternoon tea 3-5 pm and drinks from 6-8, and full breakfast in the morning. Unfortunately we could only sample the breakfast as we had the wedding to attend to. The room was large and the bed huge, lovely view from the window overlooking the gardens. Staff very polite and helpful and couldnt have been more helpful to make our stay welcoming

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear Michelle,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and glad to hear you enjoyed the Executive Lounge facilities. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure this will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and our products

Thank you again for sharing your experience and hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

With kind regards

Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Stayed at the Pullman, having previously stayed when it was the Hilton. It is a fabulous location and convenient to the CBD (a short walk through the Gardens); the MCG; and the many trendy cafes. Rooms were OK but clearly needed upgrading, which is apparently happening slowly. Staff were terrific and very helpful. Room service was also very good and meals delivered within 20 mins. Gym is a bit cramped but adequate if you choose your times to avoid the morning rush.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your recent visit. I appreciate the feedback and opportunity to respond.

Naturally I was delighted to learn that we contributed to the enjoyment of your stay. I have shared your comments with all concerned and I know they will appreciate the recognition – thank you for letting us know.

Further to your comments regarding the condition of the rooms, we do have plans to upgrade including new televisions and hope you will see improvements in future stays.

We look forward to welcome you back to the Melbourne Pullman on the Park – there will always be a warm welcome waiting.

With kind regards,

Erkin Aytekin

Been to Pullman Melbourne on the Park? Share your experiences!