“Worst internet connection ever” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Melbourne on the Park

You added Pullman Melbourne on the Park to your Saves list
Pullman Melbourne on the Park
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   192 Wellington Parade, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia (Formerly Hilton On The Park Melbourne)   |
Ranked #119 of 173 Hotels in Melbourne
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Worst internet connection ever”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The location of the hotel is ok. 15 mins walk to the city. Restaurants close by. Convenience store around the corner. Local village 10 mins walk. Beautiful park next to hotel. Hotel facilities were above average. Kettle in room.

Bed was average.

But the worst thing was the Internet. It is $25 for 24 hours. The Internet was very, very slow when it worked. Worst than dial up speeds. Half the time it didn't work. In the end we complained to the front desk and they took the charges off. We spoke to other people and they said the same thing. Why bother providing Internet services when it is so bad half the time, people complain and then they remove the charges?

Better off buying a SIM card from the convenience store and browsing on a smartphone

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great Hotel. Service excellent, food faultless, facilities great, executive lounge very high standard as you would expect, beautifully positioned near the gardens overlooking the MCG and close enough but far away enough from the CBD. The only downfall which is not a big deal is that it was built in a time of mission brown brick but looks like they are working on the outside and possibly the inside this does not take away from the stay you'll have it just is a little bit of a clash with other parts of the decorating. I will stay again!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Inverloch, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Having stayed at the Pullman on the Park a lot in recent months, I now regard this Hotel as My Home Away from Home! The reception staff are always welcoming and accomodating. They genuinely care how you are. On one of visits they found out I was there because I was having surgery and were very sincere in wishing me all the best, as it was clear to them I was a bit stressed.

Agnes and Julia in the Bar & Restuarant know me and all my guests by name now. They even remember what I like to drink. That's pretty good Ai reckon, given heaps of people come in out of their work area on a daily basis.

The breakfast is always good and the staff in the dining room very helpful. I particularly noticed this when I was temporarily disabled and on crutches.they went to the extra effort of getting things for me and seating me in a nice place. The buffet has a good selection of food and it's a great view over the park from the windows.

I find the rooms very comfortable. Great views to look at.
If you are an Accor member this place is a real bonus, with all the benefits membership provides. I got a 5.00pm late checkout recently, which helped me get work done without distractions.

Whilst the decor is a bit tired, this is reflected in the room rates. But the place is very clean, fresh and tidy. We have got some great deals recently on room rates, because of our Accor membership. At the end of the day, I love coming back here. It has a great team of people who look after you and treat you like a guest, not like a number.

Room Tip: The high floors facing the MCG are a treat
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Wollongong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I booked the Hotel on an exceptionally low rates. I checked the hotel comments after the booking and got a little concerned.

My concerns were I'm founded. Yes it is an older hotel, however the service was exceptional, it is very clean, and has very good facilities.

My room the Melbourne cricket ground, on the 15th floor. If you can get a room with you I would suggest it.

Stayed May 2015
adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Thankyou Verana for the lovely checkin then all our friends were put on the same floor.
As accor platinum members all the upgrades made our short stay perfect . The amazing view from our room 1313 we will always remember . Loved the big bathroom the bed was so comfortable breakfast everything you could want.

Room Tip: The view from a high floor
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Broadbeach, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Having stayed in many 5 star hotels around the world and in Melbourne, this Hotel is not 5 Star. Yes it does need an update but that is all. We had no complaints.

We stayed in a suite, which was lovely, we were upgraded to the bigger suite which was nice, we didn't use the room much as their was way to much shopping to be done. We were further out of the city, which was fine the train stop was just close by. Excellent views of the MCG, and we couldn't hear any noise from the game.

The executive floor lounge was great, we used it only to have drinks at night and in the morning. internet works a little better up here.

The bed was comfortable and our bathroom was modern.

I would next time stay in the city and at the softiel. Only because I want to be closer to the restaurants, lane ways, etc. But it is still lovely to walk into the city from this location.

We are accor members and generally stay with hotels in this group, this is our first Pullman experience in Melbourne.

Room Tip: Executive Level
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Wondai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

thank you. Lovely stay for 5 nights. Upgraded to a suite which was really nice. Great views of mcg. Monster bath. Executive loung staff were sensational.. I would recommend to anyone.
We had a very comfy huge king bed. Nicely appointed room. No problems in any area.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Pullman Melbourne on the Park? Share your experiences!