“Great Service, Great Location, Great Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Melbourne on the Park

You added Pullman Melbourne on the Park to your Saves list
Pullman Melbourne on the Park
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   192 Wellington Parade, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia (Formerly Hilton On The Park Melbourne)   |
Ranked #119 of 173 Hotels in Melbourne
Inverloch, Australia
“Great Service, Great Location, Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Having stayed at the Pullman on the Park a lot in recent months, I now regard this Hotel as My Home Away from Home! The reception staff are always welcoming and accomodating. They genuinely care how you are. On one of visits they found out I was there because I was having surgery and were very sincere in wishing me all the best, as it was clear to them I was a bit stressed.

Agnes and Julia in the Bar & Restuarant know me and all my guests by name now. They even remember what I like to drink. That's pretty good Ai reckon, given heaps of people come in out of their work area on a daily basis.

The breakfast is always good and the staff in the dining room very helpful. I particularly noticed this when I was temporarily disabled and on crutches.they went to the extra effort of getting things for me and seating me in a nice place. The buffet has a good selection of food and it's a great view over the park from the windows.

I find the rooms very comfortable. Great views to look at.
If you are an Accor member this place is a real bonus, with all the benefits membership provides. I got a 5.00pm late checkout recently, which helped me get work done without distractions.

Whilst the decor is a bit tired, this is reflected in the room rates. But the place is very clean, fresh and tidy. We have got some great deals recently on room rates, because of our Accor membership. At the end of the day, I love coming back here. It has a great team of people who look after you and treat you like a guest, not like a number.

Room Tip: The high floors facing the MCG are a treat
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Wollongong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I booked the Hotel on an exceptionally low rates. I checked the hotel comments after the booking and got a little concerned.

My concerns were I'm founded. Yes it is an older hotel, however the service was exceptional, it is very clean, and has very good facilities.

My room the Melbourne cricket ground, on the 15th floor. If you can get a room with you I would suggest it.

Stayed May 2015
adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Thankyou Verana for the lovely checkin then all our friends were put on the same floor.
As accor platinum members all the upgrades made our short stay perfect . The amazing view from our room 1313 we will always remember . Loved the big bathroom the bed was so comfortable breakfast everything you could want.

Room Tip: The view from a high floor
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Broadbeach, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Having stayed in many 5 star hotels around the world and in Melbourne, this Hotel is not 5 Star. Yes it does need an update but that is all. We had no complaints.

We stayed in a suite, which was lovely, we were upgraded to the bigger suite which was nice, we didn't use the room much as their was way to much shopping to be done. We were further out of the city, which was fine the train stop was just close by. Excellent views of the MCG, and we couldn't hear any noise from the game.

The executive floor lounge was great, we used it only to have drinks at night and in the morning. internet works a little better up here.

The bed was comfortable and our bathroom was modern.

I would next time stay in the city and at the softiel. Only because I want to be closer to the restaurants, lane ways, etc. But it is still lovely to walk into the city from this location.

We are accor members and generally stay with hotels in this group, this is our first Pullman experience in Melbourne.

Room Tip: Executive Level
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Wondai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

thank you. Lovely stay for 5 nights. Upgraded to a suite which was really nice. Great views of mcg. Monster bath. Executive loung staff were sensational.. I would recommend to anyone.
We had a very comfy huge king bed. Nicely appointed room. No problems in any area.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed in a suite with Executive Lounge benefits.
We have stayed at this hotels many times when managed by Hilton - nothing has changed except the prices have gone up quite considerably under Accor management.

Pros
Great spot to stay for the footy.
Exec lounge exceeded expectations - it had a lovely ambiance and good service.
Bed was very comfortable - we slept well
Breakfast was tasty and good quality

Cons
Our room was very worn and even had a huge burn hole in the curtain
Uncomfortable lounge
The fold out bed was way past its use by date and had a mattress with a 'V' in it - not good enough for a five star hotel !
Check in was a nightmare - only 2 people on reception when the hotel is fully booked is ridiculous. We had to wait for our room and were assured that someone would contact us when it was ready. Reception staff were so overworked that they didn't contact housekeeping for an update on our room cleaning progress - so we eventually gave up and went out for the afternoon.
Parking - Valet parking is the only option at the moment and they charge an outrageous $49 per night for this - come on Pullman - you have to be kidding !!!
It is not your customers fault that you are renovating the car park and that self parking is not an option until May so surely a discounted parking rate should be offered.
The Pullman is not up to 5 star standards in many ways and is overpriced so unless you can get a good deal then I suggest you stay in the city and walk to the football.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The reviews from previous guests almost made us to cancel this hotel. We are not sure what they expected but we had an amazing stay in a spotless apartment and surely will be back The views are great and we could see as far as the bay and beyond. The amenities were very good and the bathrobes are one of the best we have ever had.
There was absolutely no problems when we asked for a late checkout at 1pm. We definately will be back

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Pullman Melbourne on the Park? Share your experiences!