“Not Worth the Money” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Melbourne on the Park

You added Pullman Melbourne on the Park to your Saves list
Pullman Melbourne on the Park
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   192 Wellington Parade, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia (Formerly Hilton On The Park Melbourne)   |
Ranked #120 of 172 Hotels in Melbourne
“Not Worth the Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I am currently staying at the hotel and am very disappointed and let down with my stay, if I could get a redund I would and I would go elsewhere. My partner and I came to Melbourne for the cricket and decided to "splash out" a fancy hotel and chose the Hilton only to find out it was changing names to the Pullman.

For what you pay at the Pullman you would expect a lot better. The fridge does not work and only cools drinks a little even though its on the highest setting. The shower (which is in the bathtub!) is horrible - the cold tap is furthest away so you get burnt trying to use it but there is really no point as the water pressure is shocking and the temperature keeps changing, a 5 minute shower takes 30 mins to get the water right.

The desk and tv remote are broken in my hotel room. They give you 4 sugars each time only enough for 2 cups of coffee. The toilet takes 3 flushes to empty. No one is ever at their day spa to be able to book a massage.

The pictures on the website are very misleading. I suggest going elsewhere, with the cost of this hotel you will be let down. Save you money!!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel is fine. Its average. The location is good if you are attending an event at the MCG and nearby stadia. It is a three-star that thinks it is a five-star. The rooms are not five-star. To be a five-star it needs serious renovations. I have two main complaints. First, they are not employing enough staff. The staff are good and friendly. Just not enough. I waited 10 minutes to check-in and I was the first one in the queue. Second, approx. $28 a day for Internet access (per device!) is approximately $28 too much. I'm sorry. The time when Internet access was the electronic equivalent of the mini-bar is over. I decided to live without the Internet (survivable, just) and in protest did not expend any money in the hotel beyond the room rate. I will not stay again - unless someone else pays and I have free tickets to the MCG.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the lifts. In addition to water noise (from the piping) you get the sound of the li...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I had an overnight stay to attend a function in Melbourne. From the time we arrived, we enjoyed every moment. Our suite on the twelfth floor was obviously very recently renovated. The bathroom was amazing. The view of the Melbourne Cricket Ground and the Rod Laver Tennis Centre was fantastic and of course, the gardens. The lunch was inexpensive and very nice. The staff were friendly and helpful. We look forward to returning. There were renovations happening but that did not disrupt our stay. Having read other reviews, there are rooms in need of an upgrade and I believe that this will happen. Ownership changed only three months ago - we were very happy with our stay!!

Room Tip: Room or suite on Wellington Parade overlooking MCG and the Tennis Centre
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
EAytekin, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne on the Park, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Maria Mezza,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent visit at the Pullman Melbourne on the Park.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouregement to all of our staff as we strive to continiously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your exterience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Ballarat, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

At the outset I need to state that I am a Club Accor Platinum level member, and I am pleased that I was treated most satisfactorily at this ex Hilton hotel which recently joined the Accor group.
The location of this hotel, on the fringe of Melbourne's CBD, proved most satisfactory for us. There is a tram stop out the front if wanting to travel into the CBD (the no 75 tram) and it is one stop from the free-tram area. There are public gardens adjacent, and the MCG is over the road. It is an easy stroll to Birrarung Marr and along the Yarra to Fed Square and nearby areas.
Valet parking cost $35, and was friendly and efficient.
The Executive Lounge is a great place to relax with a drink, and the continental breakfast served was quite adequate. There also is a lounge area in the foyer.
We had a meal in the lounge area, but the restaurant also is an option.
Our room offered us comfort and a very good night's sleep. It is possible to open a window for fresh air, if desired.
The accommodation could be improved with the provision of bed-side reading lamps, rather than the one in the ceiling, and the bathroom providing a walk-in shower, rather than having to negotiate the bath.
The wifi was largely okay - in hotels it never seems to be as efficient as at home.
Circumstances require us to book a hotel again in a week's time, and we have happily booked again at this property.

Dear Sir/Madam,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouregement to all of our staff as we strive to continiously improve the qulaity of our services.

We have noted your preference of the room type along with a bed side lamp and we will make every effort to allocate this on a future visit. Please inform us of your membership number to allow to us to update your portfolio and your preference.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Erskine, Renfrewshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I spent five days at the hotel while visiting Melbourne to take in the Formula One Grand Prix. The Hotel met our needs.

When we first booked the Hotel it was a Hilton and had changed hands by the time we arrived it was a Pullman. If there was any upheaval in the meantime you would not have noticed. Just about everything went well.

The hotel is located, as most pictures suggest! close to the Melbourne Cricket Ground and the Rod Laver Tennis Arena. It was ideally situated for our needs. It sits on tram lines 48 and 75 and the tram stop is 100 yards from the front door of the hotel. 3/4 stops and you are in the Central Business District (City Centre). (Tram travel within the CBD is free).

Check in was fine, full of pleasantries and smiles, which helped after a long flight from the UK. We were very quickly checked in and on our way to our room on the 20th Floor. Our luck was out because we were on the opposite side of the hotel from the MCG, but the views were very pleasant none the less.

Our room, which was fairly standard I believe, was well appointed, with the usual flat screen TV, large comfy bed, mini bar and a roomy bathroom. I have read reviews suggesting that the hotel is dark dingy and needing a revamp. I have to say that that was not my experience. I found it bright and airy and very very clean.

I did not use the restaurant for breakfast or dinner and so cannot comment on the food. However, on a related note, can I suggest that if you are not a big breakfast person then in the morning leave the hotel, turn left and about 100yards along the road is a small coffee shop and patisserie on the corner where the coffee and croissants are first class. It was cheaper and more appropriate than a Hotel breakfast.

The hotel has WiFi but as usual they expect you to pay. I didn't.

The Hotel has an outdoor pool. In a warm wind free day it will be a great wee place to relax. We tried it after a long day on our feet and while the pool seemed to be heated, the wind ( you are two stories up) chilled things a lot and we soon left. We retired to the Jacuzzi inside which was great - lots of bubbles and warm water - what else.

There is a gym which looked well appointed. I didn't use it and so cant comment.

One little tiny gripe. On the date of my arrival I complained that my TV remote control was unresponsive, temperamental and "u/s". I explained it wasn't the batteries as I had replaced them with new ones. 5 days and they didn't do a thing about it. We spent most of our time out and about in any event and so it wasn't a big deal, but sometimes it is the small things that matter.

Overall this hotel, which advertises as four staff, seemed to me to be exactly that. I would use the hotel again. ( I should add that I booked it 6 months in advance and got a very good rate (£100 per night for a King size ).

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room overlooking the Sports Arenas
Dear Sir/Madam,

It is alaways a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouregement to all of our staff as we strive to continiously improve the quality of our services.

I have noted your comments regarding the TV remote control and shared this with our Building Operations Manager who has since carried out the repairs.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have to agree with the majority of reviews. This is definitely not a 5 star establishment although I can see how it would have been in the 1980’s. Based on our experience it is 3 star at best and in desperate need of a refurbishment. Upon arrival, there was 1 person at the counter and we stood there for a good 10 minutes. Upon checking in we were told we had a lovely room overlooking the parkland and pool, we were overlooking the pool but there was certainly no view of the park. Our room was very dated, not at all what I expected from the advertised pictures. The bath tub was old and cracked, the tv was the smallest I have seen, the room décor was very outdated. We spent 4 hrs shopping to come home to our room key being deactivated which was very inconvenient. I was also asked if it was kept near a mobile phone but no it was in my wallet which is in a different compartment of my handbag. The location is good but the tram station is a couple of stops outside the free tram zone which meant we needed to pay each time we went into the city. The positives for us were the comfortable bed, the shower pressure, housekeeping was at a good standard and scraping the barrel… the iron. There were unfortunately more negatives then positives with our stay and if you are hoping for 5 stars this is not the place.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
EAytekin, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne on the Park, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Melbourne on the Park. I appreciate the comments and the opportunity to respond.

Naturally I was pleased to note you were satisfied with some aspects of your stay, however, please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experience during your stay, in particular with the delay at check in and the allocation of your room. Rest assured your comments were taken very seriously and were shared with our Front Office Team. Team members were reminded of the importance of attention to detail and guest satisfaction and understand how their actions affected your stay.

Further to your comments regarding the bathroom issues were passed on to our Maintenance Engineer who will ensure the correct maintenance is carried out.

Just for your information the hotel is in the process of upgrading all of the TV's in the guest rooms and hope to see improvements in future visits - thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I cannot change what has happened however, as a gesture of goodwill, I have arranged for an upgrade in Relaxation Suite, on your next visit and I do hope this assures you of our good intend and to allow us the opportunity to correct your impression. For any future reservation please inform myself and I will be more than happy to assist.

We look forward to welcome you back to the Pullman Melbourne on the Park - there will always be a warm welcome waiting.

melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

After reading some of the trip advisor reviews, I wasn't expecting a lot from this hotel,
We won the night here , so I was a bit cautious..

How wrong I was, This is a lovely grand hotel, from check in to check out, we were impressed,

Check in process, smooth , lovely friendly staff,

Room was spotless , quite large and the bed and pillows extremely comfortable,

Pool area was lovely and peaceful, and again , very clean

The bar area at the front, just lovely , a really pleasant place to just sit and relax

My only negative is the position of the taps for the shower, the shower is in the bathtub and the taps are positioned under the shower stream, could be easy to get burnt

Upon checkout , again , quick and friendly, they told me the hotel was full, the previous night

I wouldn't have known that, because it was very peaceful..overall.

I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to others

Dear Cathy,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your revent visit at the Pullman Melbourne on the Park.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an ecouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continiously improve the quality of our services.

I have shared your thoughts for improvement in the bathroom with our Building Operations Manager for their consderation - thanks for letting us know.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Erkin Aytekin

Been to Pullman Melbourne on the Park? Share your experiences!