“FAULTLESS” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Melbourne on the Park

You added Pullman Melbourne on the Park to your Saves list
Pullman Melbourne on the Park
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   192 Wellington Parade, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia (Formerly Hilton On The Park Melbourne)   |
Ranked #121 of 172 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne
“FAULTLESS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I had an overnight stay to attend a function in Melbourne. From the time we arrived, we enjoyed every moment. Our suite on the twelfth floor was obviously very recently renovated. The bathroom was amazing. The view of the Melbourne Cricket Ground and the Rod Laver Tennis Centre was fantastic and of course, the gardens. The lunch was inexpensive and very nice. The staff were friendly and helpful. We look forward to returning. There were renovations happening but that did not disrupt our stay. Having read other reviews, there are rooms in need of an upgrade and I believe that this will happen. Ownership changed only three months ago - we were very happy with our stay!!

Room Tip: Room or suite on Wellington Parade overlooking MCG and the Tennis Centre
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ballarat, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

At the outset I need to state that I am a Club Accor Platinum level member, and I am pleased that I was treated most satisfactorily at this ex Hilton hotel which recently joined the Accor group.
The location of this hotel, on the fringe of Melbourne's CBD, proved most satisfactory for us. There is a tram stop out the front if wanting to travel into the CBD (the no 75 tram) and it is one stop from the free-tram area. There are public gardens adjacent, and the MCG is over the road. It is an easy stroll to Birrarung Marr and along the Yarra to Fed Square and nearby areas.
Valet parking cost $35, and was friendly and efficient.
The Executive Lounge is a great place to relax with a drink, and the continental breakfast served was quite adequate. There also is a lounge area in the foyer.
We had a meal in the lounge area, but the restaurant also is an option.
Our room offered us comfort and a very good night's sleep. It is possible to open a window for fresh air, if desired.
The accommodation could be improved with the provision of bed-side reading lamps, rather than the one in the ceiling, and the bathroom providing a walk-in shower, rather than having to negotiate the bath.
The wifi was largely okay - in hotels it never seems to be as efficient as at home.
Circumstances require us to book a hotel again in a week's time, and we have happily booked again at this property.

Erskine, Renfrewshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I spent five days at the hotel while visiting Melbourne to take in the Formula One Grand Prix. The Hotel met our needs.

When we first booked the Hotel it was a Hilton and had changed hands by the time we arrived it was a Pullman. If there was any upheaval in the meantime you would not have noticed. Just about everything went well.

The hotel is located, as most pictures suggest! close to the Melbourne Cricket Ground and the Rod Laver Tennis Arena. It was ideally situated for our needs. It sits on tram lines 48 and 75 and the tram stop is 100 yards from the front door of the hotel. 3/4 stops and you are in the Central Business District (City Centre). (Tram travel within the CBD is free).

Check in was fine, full of pleasantries and smiles, which helped after a long flight from the UK. We were very quickly checked in and on our way to our room on the 20th Floor. Our luck was out because we were on the opposite side of the hotel from the MCG, but the views were very pleasant none the less.

Our room, which was fairly standard I believe, was well appointed, with the usual flat screen TV, large comfy bed, mini bar and a roomy bathroom. I have read reviews suggesting that the hotel is dark dingy and needing a revamp. I have to say that that was not my experience. I found it bright and airy and very very clean.

I did not use the restaurant for breakfast or dinner and so cannot comment on the food. However, on a related note, can I suggest that if you are not a big breakfast person then in the morning leave the hotel, turn left and about 100yards along the road is a small coffee shop and patisserie on the corner where the coffee and croissants are first class. It was cheaper and more appropriate than a Hotel breakfast.

The hotel has WiFi but as usual they expect you to pay. I didn't.

The Hotel has an outdoor pool. In a warm wind free day it will be a great wee place to relax. We tried it after a long day on our feet and while the pool seemed to be heated, the wind ( you are two stories up) chilled things a lot and we soon left. We retired to the Jacuzzi inside which was great - lots of bubbles and warm water - what else.

There is a gym which looked well appointed. I didn't use it and so cant comment.

One little tiny gripe. On the date of my arrival I complained that my TV remote control was unresponsive, temperamental and "u/s". I explained it wasn't the batteries as I had replaced them with new ones. 5 days and they didn't do a thing about it. We spent most of our time out and about in any event and so it wasn't a big deal, but sometimes it is the small things that matter.

Overall this hotel, which advertises as four staff, seemed to me to be exactly that. I would use the hotel again. ( I should add that I booked it 6 months in advance and got a very good rate (£100 per night for a King size ).

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room overlooking the Sports Arenas
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have to agree with the majority of reviews. This is definitely not a 5 star establishment although I can see how it would have been in the 1980’s. Based on our experience it is 3 star at best and in desperate need of a refurbishment. Upon arrival, there was 1 person at the counter and we stood there for a good 10 minutes. Upon checking in we were told we had a lovely room overlooking the parkland and pool, we were overlooking the pool but there was certainly no view of the park. Our room was very dated, not at all what I expected from the advertised pictures. The bath tub was old and cracked, the tv was the smallest I have seen, the room décor was very outdated. We spent 4 hrs shopping to come home to our room key being deactivated which was very inconvenient. I was also asked if it was kept near a mobile phone but no it was in my wallet which is in a different compartment of my handbag. The location is good but the tram station is a couple of stops outside the free tram zone which meant we needed to pay each time we went into the city. The positives for us were the comfortable bed, the shower pressure, housekeeping was at a good standard and scraping the barrel… the iron. There were unfortunately more negatives then positives with our stay and if you are hoping for 5 stars this is not the place.

melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

After reading some of the trip advisor reviews, I wasn't expecting a lot from this hotel,
We won the night here , so I was a bit cautious..

How wrong I was, This is a lovely grand hotel, from check in to check out, we were impressed,

Check in process, smooth , lovely friendly staff,

Room was spotless , quite large and the bed and pillows extremely comfortable,

Pool area was lovely and peaceful, and again , very clean

The bar area at the front, just lovely , a really pleasant place to just sit and relax

My only negative is the position of the taps for the shower, the shower is in the bathtub and the taps are positioned under the shower stream, could be easy to get burnt

Upon checkout , again , quick and friendly, they told me the hotel was full, the previous night

I wouldn't have known that, because it was very peaceful..overall.

I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to others

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Put a night at this premise as a transit point while flying to NZ, overall the location, room and staff are satisfied; happened that the wifi service is very poor during my stayed. Being told by the staff that their whole wifi system is out of service on that day. Understand that this thing happenedis out of their control; thus it will not affect the rating for this hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
EAytekin, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne on the Park, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Eunice Cheong,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent visit at the Pullman Melbourne on the Park.

It is always a pleasure to to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I an sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continiously improve the quality of our services.

Rest assured that your comments regarding the wireless issue were shared with our Information Services Manager who is closely monitoring as a result. I can understand the frustration caused.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you back at the Pullman Melbourne on the Park - there will always be a warm welcome waiting.

With kind regards

Erkin Aytekin
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here recently for 2 nights to attend a conference. There are several issues that Accor and hotel management need to address to get this hotel up to scratch.

Front Desk staff seem overwhelmed during busy periods with long wait times and there seems to be communication issues amongst departments. The staff I encountered were friendly and courteous.

Checked in around 4pm on a Monday and the room was not ready. The front desk staff member advised me my twin bed room was ready however still needed to be checked by a Housekeeping Supervisor so were given a voucher for a drink in the bar which was nice. After about 20 minutes, we were advised the room was ready so I went up to the room to find one bed not two. Called the Front Desk and then had to wait another 30 minutes for someone to come and separate the beds and then another person to make up the bed. Not a great start considering it was supposedly checked by a Housekeeping Supervisor.

Whilst the room was clean, tidy and nicely decorated, the bathrooms are quite old and tired. Comfortable beds but if you are a light sleeper like me, you will hear pipe noises from other guests using the bathroom and shower etc. I can’t honestly say I had a restful sleep.

The lobby and lounge/bar area were very pleasantly decorated and quite grand. I had meals in the bar area and room service and found the food prices were a bit high for inconsistent food. The pasta carbonara was terrible but chicken soup fabulous.

There is a tram stop across the street but this is not a part of the free city loop services – you need to walk up the street about 10 minutes along a park so it’s a nice walk.
I asked the Concierge if I could get on the tram at the front of the hotel but they said no, not without getting a fine – no mention of how I could buy a ticket. I was in a hurry so would have benefitted from catching the tram here and happily would have paid for it if I was given information on how to.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent visit at the Pullman Melbourne on the Park. I appreciate to feedback and the opportunity to respond.

Naturally I was pleased to note that you were satisfied with some aspects of your stay, however, please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused upon arrival at the hotel when your room was not ready and the incorrect bed setting provided. Rest assured all of your comments were taken very seriously and were shared with the appropriate management and as a result we are closely monitoring procedures for review. Team members were reminded of the importance of attention to detail and guest satisfaction and understand how their actions affected your experience. I am sorry for the inconenience caused and I can understand the frustration caused.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and hope to welcome you back to the Pullman Melbourne on the Park - there will always be a warm welcome waiting.

With kind regards

Erkin Aytekin

Been to Pullman Melbourne on the Park? Share your experiences!