“Average Stay Good service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Melbourne on the Park

You added Pullman Melbourne on the Park to your Saves list
Pullman Melbourne on the Park
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   192 Wellington Parade, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia (Formerly Hilton On The Park Melbourne)   |
Ranked #87 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Wollongong, Australia
“Average Stay Good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed here for a conference at MCG. Good location. I stayed here 6 months earlier when it was Hilton Hotel. I probably noticed a deteriation in rooms looking tired. I thought the staff were nice and friendly with the location being very handy to MCG. If you can get the right room rate for $200 a night, it's a good deal

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed one night at the Pullman Melbourne on the park and were very disappointed with the check-in experience. Firstly, when we arrived at the reception desk it took them a VERY long time to find our booking. Secondly, the check-in staff were incredibly rude! We were trying to make small talk with an American member of staff from New York and he was so grumpy and monosyllabic - just answering yes or no to questions we'd ask. My boyfriend had booked the hotel as he'd planned to propose to me that evening and it was clearly stated on the booking but yet the member of staff made no effort to smile or make my day special. Ruined my special day.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

We have just had a 4 night stay at the Pullman on the Park, which we chose for its proximity to the MCG. The common areas of the hotel - lobby, bar, pool etc are really very nice indeed, and kept to a high standard of repair and cleanliness. Our room, on the 16th floor, afforded a superb view over the MCG and Rod Laver arena; the bed was very large, and comfortable, and the room, albeit a bit dated in it's fixtures, was kept clean. The bathroom was not quite as good as it could have been - in particular, the floor always looked grubby, and the mixer tap shower was a bit hit and miss, being badly in need of a modern thermostatic valve to avoid hot or cold shocks! This is a great location for easy (10 minute) access into Melbourne, and there are tram-stops and a railway station within 100 yards. We would definitely stay here again, even if we had no need of proximity to the MCG.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
EAytekin, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne on the Park, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your recent visit. I appreciate your comments and the opportunity to respond.

Natuarally I was pleased to note you were satisfied with most aspects of your stay.

Further to your comments in regards to the water temperature, they were shared with our Building Operations Manager who will ensure the correct maintenance is carried out - thanks for letting us know.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Pullman Melbourne on the Park - there will always be a warm welcome waiting.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Regular traveler yes, most weeks away 4 nights a week thank goodness I'm only here one night with $10- beers and a $26- toasty you wouldn't even rate..... Very disappointed with the so called meal. (It's not even my money I'm spending and I'm still cheesed off enough to put pen to a review) The staff however seem eager to please but it's the value in the hotel which is hard to find. Excited over the mini bar prices I think not :)

• Stayed February 2015
Dear Darren,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your recent visit. I appreciate the comments and opportunity to respond.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused with your dining experience in the Park Lounge and value for monies paid. Rest assured your comments have been taken seriously and were shared with the appropriate management for review - thank you for sharing your thoughts.

London, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I booked this hotel over six months ago due to it's close proximity to Melbourne Cricket Ground the fact that it was part of a reputable international chain and I managed to get an excellent deal which was very good value. It's location is still excellent, close to the MCG, opposite a station, very close to the tram and walking distance from Federation square; however, it is no longer the Hilton but part of the Accor group.

I cant tell you what it was like before, it changed hands on January 1st 2015 but I was disappointed with the hotel. When I checked in we had to wait thirty minutes because of a power cut due to renovation work, and I then had to wait tuntil 2.00pm to get to my room (thats when check in is so fair enough). However over the few days I was there, frequently only one of the six lifts were working, and as the hotel was full, it was a mission to get up and down.

The hotel was clean, the rooms were serviced well, and I found the (concierge) staff to be very helpful (special mention to Lex and shawn) who were very friendly, polite and offered good advice, something perhaps the recetion staff can learn.

Wifi in the rooms cost 26AUD which is high in this day and age, and the limited free wifi in the reception area was very hit and miss. Renovations were taking place next door so the driliing began at 9.00am most weekdays and whilst this is not the fault of the hotel, I did expect them to manage the situation a little better.

I came here to watch cricket and from my 15th room floor I could see the MCG; the view was fantastic, shame about the rest.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your recent visit. I appreciate the comments and opportunity to respond.

Naturally I was delighted to learn that we contributed to the enjoyment of your stay. I have shared your comments with all concerned, especially with Lex and Shaun and I know they appreciate the recognition - thank you for letting us know.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused upon arrival at the Hotel and the shortcomings you experience with the power outage which was an unforeseeable occurance and I very much regret the inconvenience caused.

Futher to your comments regarding the Internet pricing, we have found that we are still very competitive with other International Hotels in Melbourne CBD.

Genaral Manager
Geelong, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed here for a show at Rod Laver and the cricket was also on so the hotel was fairly busy. We checked in at 2:00 but our room was not ready so we went to the bar for overpriced drinks. At 3:15 I went and asked how our room was going and they checked with housekeeping, it was just finished so we went up to the 17th floor. On arrival at our room the housekeeper was still in there and the previous occupants had not checked out, in fact they we're staying another night. Back down to the foyer to get another room this time on the 15th floor. The man at reception did apologise and offered us a complimentary bottle of wine to be sent to our for our inconvenience which we greatfully accepted, this however never arrived.
We were staying with friends on the same floor so the also had to change their room.
I can appreciate that they were busy but having to wait 1 1/2 hours to get in to our room is poor, if we were that late checking out I am sure we would be hit with late penalties.
The hotel is in an excellent location for the sporting precinct but that is all it has going for it.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Phil,

Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your recent visit. I appreciate your comments and opportunity to respond.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused upon arrival at the hotel when your room was not ready and the shortcomings you experienced at check in. Unfortunately it was an unforeseeable occurance and of course has been fully investigated. I'm confident it was an isolated incident and I very much regret the inconvenience caused. Staff have been counselled and reminded of the importance of effective communication to ensure a hassle free stay and they regret the inconvenience caused - it was certainly unintentional.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Pullman Melbourne on the Park - there will always be a warm welcome waiting.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Stayed here for CWC 15 Ind v SA game. Excellent view of MCG from hotel room and less than a 10 min walk. Formerly the Hilton, but appears the 'owners' gave the hotel franchise to Accor, rather than renew with Hilton. Assuming Accor have promised to give the place a facelift, might just need a bit of an update. However, would defintely stay here again. Very comfortable beds, friendly and courteous staff & a 10-15 min walk max to central Melbourne. Rooms were spacious, with a mini bar and a reasonable amount of storeage space. Bathroom was OK, but shower defintely needs to be updated - weak and hot & cold. During our stay, the hotel was completely full and when the lifts broke down, took a few hours to fix. Hotel also seems popular with airline staff, making it fairly busy at times.

Room Tip: Stay on higher floors (12 or above) for great views of MCG - Rooms 1 - 10.