“Melbourne Mini-Break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton On The Park Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Hilton On The Park Melbourne to your Saves list
Hilton On The Park Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   192 Wellington Parade, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #70 of 172 hotels in Melbourne
“Melbourne Mini-Break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, very clean and the rooms are spacious. Not an ideal location if you're wanting to be "IN" the city centre as it's about a 20 minute walk away. A short taxi ride will get you into the city for about $7.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton On The Park Melbourne, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Hilton on the Park Melbourne. I hope to see you return in the near future. Safe travels.......

823 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Polish first
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is an old hotel situated just across the MCG - so its reasonably active and not very far away from the city center. The rooms are getting old and require a renovation sooner than later. The staff at the reception and concierge were pretty helpful in organizing tours and with the check-in/out process. However, the staff at the restaurant were pretty unfriendly and impolite. We had ordered some food and had mentioned that as we had to leave at short notice, we wanted to take the food away with us - however the staff bluntly refused and told us that we had to finish the food in the few minutes that we had - this in spite of the fact that we had ordered it as a take-away. They did not mention anything when the order was placed. We didn't have a choice but to send the food to the room and have it later in the day, by which time it had become really cold.

Certainly expected a better maintained property and more polite staff from a Hilton Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our food and beverage team to ensure that in the future we do a better job when special requests are needed. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to Melbourne, I do hope that you will be our guest again – thank you for your review. Brett Christ, General Manager
Albury, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Decided on the Hilton as we were attending the Boxing Day test 2013 at the MCG. Great location for the G. Hotel room was a bit of a let down. Mildew around the sealant on the bath. Water pressure for the over bath shower, was pathetic. The door closer's seem extremely strong and we were woken by banging doors more than once. I have stayed in Quest Apartments, which were superior to this. Should have been there for 3 nights but left after 2, as we were tired after being woken a lot. So over $200 wasted there!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. Brett Christ, General Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I visit this hotel frequently and my last stay was on 23rd December. I was disappointed with the new policy for internet usage. I used to get a coupon for 2hrs free wifi usage and whenever i needed i was provided with it. But this time the receptionist informed that the policy is changed and once logged in i could use again after 12hrs which is really weird being in a business trip. The answer of the receptionist was in a sarcastic way which was annoying. So i had to buy 24hrs wifi access for 25$ which doesn't worth it, it was cutting off every 10-15minutes and had to wait to reconnect which is unacceptable.
The noise from the corridor was terrible, i could hear the housekeepers' talks, vacuuming, other guests' laughs while walking.... I stay in the hotel to rest, not to be annoyed by others. You have to think of changing doors to noise proof ones.
The room service menu option is not good, the quality of food isn't worth for the money paid.
Overall one of the worst experiences i've ever had.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate your feedback on the quality and cost of our internet service. I apologize for the inconvenience and I am currently addressing this opportunity with our service provider to ensure other guests do not experience the same.
I have also addressed your additional concerns with the relevant managers and team members and would like to apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment caused.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Brett Christ, General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Hilton on The Park opposite the iconic MCG in Melbourne provided me with fantastic customer service from my time of check in to when I checked out.

Bianca and the concierge staff at front desk were wonderful and gracious assisting with a few small requests in a friendly an prompt manner.

The staff in the Executive Lounge were friendly and courteous too.

My 18th floor room with a stunning view over the MCG, sports precient, Government House and surrounding gardens and all the way across Port Phillip Bay made me homesick for my hometown Melbourne.

I enjoyed a run through the MCG park and surrounds and across the bridge along the Yarra towards the city and back with a beautiful view of the stunning riverside 'Mini Manhattan' skyline of Melbourne.

Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hilton on the Park Melbourne! I am so glad you were able to experience our warm Hilton hospitality and I will share your kind comments with our team. We look forward to seeing you again, soon. Brett Christ, General Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Anticipation exceeded reality. This Hilton, while starting to show its age a tad, does tick all the usual boxes with comfortable beds, spacious rooms, good bathrooms and generally good service. However, I didn’t do enough research, so was very frustrated by the inability to get inside my own hotel on an evening that was bucketing with rain after a game across the road at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. And forget about having a drink at the bar – completely packed with visitors. Rowdy residents in the hallway after going to bed made it even less pleasant. Staff were friendly and helpful, but there were a few times when there was no concierge in attendance (or he was detained helping people that were not guests of the hotel). Ended up going it alone and working things out for ourselves. For those going to something at Cricket Ground – this hotel is perfect. Even though it is only a short tram ride (a few stops) into the CBD, next time I will try the other Hilton for ease of access to Southbank.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at the Hilton on the Park Melbourne. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including items of opportunity. I am of course pleased to see that you enjoyed aspects of your stay and our services, however would like to apologize that the amount of people in the hotel after the MCG match resulted in an interrupted comfort of your stay. I have shared your review with our security and front office team to ensure that this is not an opportunity in the future. Thank you very much again for your feedback. Brett Christ, General Manager
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

This was my second stay at the hotel - my first being three years ago. The hotel is exactly the same and probably would benefit from some refurbishment but is still my favourite hotel in Melbourne. The location is great in a quieter area but still within walking distance of the city. The hotel staff were extremly friendly especially Mardi on the front desk who could not have been more helpful. I was given a room overlooking the MCG and The Olympic Park which was very well appointed if a little tired in the bathroom area. The restaurant was OK but again needs perhaps some refurbishment although the food on offer was very good and the service excellent

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the hotel's location as well as our services to your liking and I will also pass your praise on to Mardi. We look forward to servicing your travel needs at the Hilton on the Park Melbourneshould you return to the Melbourne area in future. Brett Christ, General Manager.

Been to Hilton On The Park Melbourne? Share your experiences!