Once upon a time, this was the place to stay in Melbourne specially if you were planning to catch a game at The 'G. But as time has gone on, the Hilton On The Park has really become quite run down. Staying here for business I found that the essentials were still in place (internet connection good) but the bathroom was grotty and my room smelt especially as if someone had been smoking in there. I did experience decent room service on my first night in and breakfast the next morning wasn't bad either but I found the hotel to be lacking in terms of ambience and a decent gym (machines were not upkept). The furnishings within the room were quite dated and the bed had a good old dose of 'tight sheet syndrome'. Skirting boards were noticeably covered in worn in dust and light fittings within the room were not sufficient for reading unless you wanted the cold light of your desk lamp. With so many offerings in Melbourne, I found it hard not to take the opportunity to check out a night earlier than planned and go and stay in a more modern premises. The most disappointing things however were that I was booked in here to assist in running a summit and found that we did not receive the level of service we needed from the Event staff to get things done quickly. Having run corporate breakfasts here before with no issue, I thought that the fact that the Event staff seemed underwhelmed by having to assist us - the Hilton staff are as tired as the building itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the attractive inner-city suburb of East Melbourne, Hilton on the Park is an elegantly furbished hotel directly opposite the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).Each furbished hotel room has warm, natural tones and feature large windows, a flat-screen TV and a wide range of amenities to ensure a relaxing and easy stay. Offering free Wi-Fi to all guests, the iconic Park Lounge bar is the perfect place to have a casual drink before heading to the MCG. For breakfast and dinner, the Gallery Restaurant also provides market fresh cuisines while overlooking the beautiful Fitzroy Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton On The Park Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton On The Park Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Hilton International East Melbourne
- Hilton East Melbourne
- East Melbourne Hilton