Hubby and I bought a Secret Hotel Deal on wotif and were happy to receive the Hilton on the Park for two nights. We arrived at 7.30am the day we were suppose to check in, but they still allowed us to check in that time which was super appreciated considering we were exhausted from our red-eye trip and a little jetlagged! We were also given a complimentary upgrade which was nice :))
The room was nice enough, very comfortable kings size bed with amazing pillows you sink into :) Nice bathroom with plenty of hot water. Complimentary robes to use, all the little bits and bobs u expect in a 5 star hotel was present. We had a nice view too :D
Our only complaint was that they gave us a room RIGHT NEXT to the elevators!! So everytime it was used u could hear it going up and down, like a tram. It was annoying at first but eventually u could drone it out. It was louder in the bathroom tho. So my only HUGE suggestion for anybody wanting to use this hotel is ask for a suite/room AWAY from the elevators!!
Apart from that, the service was super friendly and attentive. Breakfast was okay altho a little on the plain side compared to other buffet breakfasts I've tried in other hotels. For example, there was nobody at the egg station in case you wanted something OTHER than sunny side up eggs which were already on a warmed plate on the table. Also the menu said fried mushrooms were on the buffet breakfast, but for the two days we were there, fried mushrooms were not present! Only baby potatoes! Who has potatoes for breakfast if you dont mind me asking? It was still satisfying, and if you're going to go for the breakfast, you pay LESS per person if you book in advance as opposed to rocking up at the restaurant on the door and getting a table :)
One of the best things about the hotel is its proximity to the CDB. Less than 10 mins by foot. Its set in a really great location :)
Overall tho, a good hotel and I would probably stay there again...but this time ask for a room away from the elevators :) I'd have no problems recommending it to others :D
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the attractive inner-city suburb of East Melbourne, Hilton on the Park is an elegantly furbished hotel directly opposite the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).Each furbished hotel room has warm, natural tones and feature large windows, a flat-screen TV and a wide range of amenities to ensure a relaxing and easy stay. Offering free Wi-Fi to all guests, the iconic Park Lounge bar is the perfect place to have a casual drink before heading to the MCG. For breakfast and dinner, the Gallery Restaurant also provides market fresh cuisines while overlooking the beautiful Fitzroy Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Despegar.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Hilton On The Park Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton On The Park Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Hilton International East Melbourne
- Hilton East Melbourne
- East Melbourne Hilton