“Great City Location......nice hotel, amazing staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton On The Park Melbourne

You added Hilton On The Park Melbourne to your Saves list
Hilton On The Park Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   192 Wellington Parade, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #83 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
London
“Great City Location......nice hotel, amazing staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We are fortunate to have been located here for a week upon our first arrival in Australia to work. Like others have suggested, there are a few good reasons for choosing this hotel. Having stayed previously on various occasions, I have always enjoyed the proximity to the parks and the MCG, however this time staying with Mrs RTW, the extra yards were made to make our stay memorable.
We booked a suite which included for access to the top floor complimentary bar. This got every evening off on a great footing, with an array of wonderful snacks, good wine, casual music and incredible views. The room itself was pretty amazing and catered for our every whim. If you get an opportunity to book a room with access to the top floor bar, do so.
The ground floor bar also allowed for relaxation prior to a night out, however the breakfast area always appeared a bit to sterile for my liking (my only complaint about the whole hotel).
The staff are a real plus, always looking to make life easy. This was especially noticable in the way they can accomodate both private guests and mass airline staff bookings. We did unfortunately suffer a major oversight when we checked out, and the honesty of the staff was incredible, and again, a reflection of the true qualities of the hotel.
Location wise, we enjoy Fitzroy as a good place to eat, which is an easy walk from the hotel, as is downtown Melbourne.
We did not eat at the hotel aside from snacks in the top floor bar, however feedback from previous trips have advised the food is great.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with access to the top floor bar. Its a must.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AndreasBoettger, General Manager at Hilton On The Park Melbourne, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that the staff took such good care of you and you found the amenities of the hotel to your liking. Great to learn you enjoyed the Executive Lounge also! Hope to see you return soon. Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Estes Park, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I travel a lot for work and stay in a lot of business hotels. I really liked Hilton on the Park for a number of reasons. The location is good, with beautiful views of the park and some great restaurants nearby. The staff were really wonderful - thoughtful and helpful. I had an upgraded room as I have status with Hilton, and the room was great - completely up to date and in excellent condition. But the Hilton REALLY shined when I left my brand new Macbook Air in the room! They called within minutes of me checking out, but I didn't hear the phone ring and didn't realize it was missing until I had already checked in at the airport. I called and they were fantastic - they said not to worry, they would arrange for the laptop to be couried to me the next day. I was so happy that I didn't have to get a taxi back to the hotel, and then take a taxi back - I would have missed my flight and the cost was going to be around $300 just for that alone. This superlative service is what distinguishes good hotels from great ones. No question, when I come back to Melbourne, I'll be staying at the Hilton on the Park.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
AndreasBoettger, General Manager at Hilton On The Park Melbourne, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Of course I am delighted to learn that you were satisfied with so many aspects of your visit and that the teams’ proactive actions to return your Macbook Air saved you time and money. I have shared your comments with all concerned and I know they appreciated the recognition! We hope to welcome you back soon.
Fraser Coast, QLD, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights as part of a work-related visit to Melbourne. Loved the location overlooking Fitzroy Gardens and the MCG. The hotel is walking distance to Bridge Rd and there are a couple of good restaurants, cafes and a 7-11 very close by. I chose to upgrade my room to a larger one on the 17th floor which provided an amazing view over the city and MCG. Staff were lovely except in the restaurant, where I had breakfast on one morning. Waited for what seemed a long time to get a coffee despite it being pretty quiet at the time. Front desk and concierge staff were very helpful and courteous and I cannot fault their service. As were the staff in the lounge bar. Conference facilties were excellent and the catering for the conference was of a very high standard.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the option to upgrade for an additional $30/night for a larger room on a higher fl...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
AndreasBoettger, General Manager at Hilton On The Park Melbourne, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and am glad that you found the location, conference catering and front of house service levels to your satisfaction. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of breakfast service that you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We chose the Park Hilton as it is close to the MCG in which I have a function. Check in was fine until we got to the $100 required incase we broke something or raided the mini bar. This was not in the confirmation email that was sent to me. Time and embarrassment could have been saved if this was included in the email. We finally got that sorted and upon arrival in the room we were disappointed in the bathroom. Large stained crack in the wall behind it and to turn the shower/bath on is less the gracefull. To turn the shower on you have to bend over to reach the taps that are below your knees which results in cold water hitting the middle of your back.
Was hoping to do this every year but I shouldn't be writing a review an hour after checking in.

• Stayed October 2012
AndreasBoettger, General Manager at Hilton On The Park Melbourne, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at Hilton on the Park. I appreciate your candour as we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room appearance is an area we are actively examining. I’m sorry the pre-authorisation charge was not explained before your arrival, this is a common practice among all hotels and your feedback will assist us to improve our communication of this aspect. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.
ffionas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

if this hotel is under different name, I would be happier! this is not up to Hilton 5-star hotel standard! OLD, OUTDATED Decoration and it is not worth what I paid the room. The most value in this hotel is STAFF service. The management should be thankful for their contribution!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
AndreasBoettger, General Manager at Hilton On The Park Melbourne, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. Of course we are pleased the team contributed to the enjoyment of your visit. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night as a gift of rest and relaxation and did not get to sleep a wink! A high pitched squealing sound emanated through the room- there was no protection from the sound of the wind 16 storeys up in the air!
To sit comfortably in a robe and at least admire the view was impossible as the 'complimentary' robes were the texture of concrete they were so worn and hard.
The parking was exorbitant, I would imagine at least one free spot with a room.
When I noted the outdated nature of the room and appalling state of the towels and robes the gentlemen on the desk said that everything is as it is until a grand refurbishment happens some time in the future. I would suggest if you want to keep your customers, close the doors until the refurbishment happens. Will not recommend and will not be back.

• Stayed September 2012
I sincerely apologise for the noise issue encountered and comfort of the bath robes during your stay. Your comfort is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in Melbourne you will consider staying with us again. Thank you.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Staff :
Booked the room via wotif.com for two nights , under two separate bookings. I indicated in both reservations that I would like to have two single beds ( the other option provided is king bed ) . I called the number as in the website and asked to be directed to reservation. I requested to have same room throughout my period of staying. The lady who was assisted us ( Louise) told me that this was not possible since my rooms have been allocated to two single beds on 1st night, and king size bed on second night. I informed her that this is not what I have requested in booking page .She insisted that this is what she saw and asked me to contact wotif instead to change my request . Why would I need to change my request again to Wotif , I 'm pretty sure what I saw in my booking page was two single beds arrangement for both nights.
Was it even too difficult to accommodate my requests anyway ? I thanked her and hung up. When I checked in, the lady assisted me provided different information . She was very nice and helpful and assured me I will get same room . Concierge (Dan ) also was very helpful .

Room :
Small room . No slippers. Blanket feels like cheap and old materials.

Location :
Just opposite tram stop. Nice view overlook Fitzroy gardens. There are plenty cafes and restaurants within 5 minutes walking distance.

Free city bus for tourist(stop number 4 ) is also 10 minutes walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
AndreasBoettger, General Manager at Hilton On The Park Melbourne, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your review. We apologize that you were not happy with your room assignment during your recent trip. We strive to accommodate all reservations and I’m sorry for the initial disappointment when your room requests were not meet. I’m pleased to learn the team could accommodate your preferred room type upon check in and that Don contributed to the enjoyment of your visit. Further we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest room provisions. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

Been to Hilton On The Park Melbourne? Share your experiences!