“Good choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton On The Park Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Hilton On The Park Melbourne to your Saves list
Hilton On The Park Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   192 Wellington Parade, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #70 of 172 hotels in Melbourne
Holt, Norfolk
“Good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in many hotels in this city. Modern, old, high rise, low rise, South Bank, CBD, etc but consistantly the Hilton on the Park draws me back. Its safe - ie: warm, friendly, offers all I need, few restaurants nearby. Rooms well decorated. Yes it is not central. Yes the decor is 80's. But it works!

• Stayed July 2012
AndreasBoettger, General Manager at Hilton On The Park Melbourne, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review of the hotel. I am so pleased you enjoy staying with us and find our service consistent. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

823 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Polish first
Parkwood, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton on the Park for 3 nights last weekend. Good location next to the MCG and short tram to the city. Staff super friendly and helpful and go out of their way to help, even had one chap get a mouse pad from a managers office so as I could use my laptop mouse on the glass work bench! We stayed in the relaxation suite which is the way to go with the executive room down the hall which is perfect at breakfast and pre dinner. As a regular visitor to Melbourne and having tried heaps of other hotels this is a stand out for mine albeit a little dearer then we normally go to, but well worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that the team took such great care of you and you found the amenities of the property to your liking. We do hope to welcome you back to the Hilton on the Park Melbourne – there will always be a warm welcome waiting.
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Well, this hotel is not in the center of the city but you can walk by a nice park or catch a tram (either #48 or #75) to get there.

When checking-in, we (a friend and me) insisted to get rooms adjacent (we figured out later that there are doors which can connect two adjacent rooms, which was very convenient) and looking south (a better view). Therefore we had to wait for sometime but they handed us drink vouchers which was also nice.

Rooms were good but bathrooms were below average. I had great sleep on the nice bed. I think the hotel meets expectations. Especially, breakfast was very good with many options. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room numbers ending with 02 and 03 should be avoided as they are closest to elevators, which can be...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
AndreasBoettger, General Manager at Hilton On The Park Melbourne, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the location, variety of breakfast and had a comfortable night’s sleep. I am also pleased to know that our team took care of you upon check in and were able to accommodate your preferences. I appreciate your feedback regarding the bathroom and will certainly note your comment for review as we are always keen to improve based on the opinion of our guests. Hope to see you again at Hilton on the Park.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This hotel sits at the edge of the city - a short and (on a balmy winter day, lovely) walk to the "Paris" end of Collins Street. Service is excellent and while it may not be as glamourous as it's five star competitors, it's well in their league for service. I've come to believe that this may be why Hilton holds it's own in many destinations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton On The Park Melbourne, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am so glad you were able to experience our warm Hilton hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Bunbury, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Great location particularly if you are going to the footy at the MCG, just a short walk over the road and no need to fight the public transport at the end of the game.
Hotel is progressively being upgraded and offers normal Hilton quality and standards.
Stay there very often for work and holidays
Short tram ride into the city

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoy staying here at the hotel and I’m glad that you find the location of the hotel convenient. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We booked this hotel for our wedding night as we found a really good deal from a provider online. I have booked with this company numerous times and never had any issues until we made it to the Hilton. We arrived after our wedding reception still in full wedding attire but then found we were unable to check in as we didn't bring any photo ID with us. I understand that this was our fault but in the rush of the wedding I only brought my credit card with me thinking that would be sufficient but obviously it was not.
We eventually were able to check in but only after we paid full price of a room in cash. I had to open cards people had given us for the wedding and take money out to pay for the room. ($300) It seems ridiculous to me that we couldn't check in on a technicality but they were happy to take extra money from us. I get that there are rules that you have to follow but speaking as someone who has previously worked in the hospitality industry sometimes you have to remember that you are dealing with people and that may mean that some rules need to be bent.
Once we were given the key to our room it actually wouldn't open and we had to go downstairs again, it took 3 keys till we finally got one to work. Our room was average, spacious and the bed was comfortable but the bathroom really needed an update as toilet didn't flush properly and it smelt funny. Definitely not a 5 star room in comparison to other 4 or 5 star hotels I have experienced in Melbourne.
Other than the check in issue the staff were very friendly and the gentleman that helped us to get a key working to open our room was excellent.
I ended up sending in a complaint after we returned from our honeymoon o/s and in return we received a voucher which I originally though was for a complimentary night at the hotel from the way it was worded but when I tried to book and read the voucher more carefully I realized it was actually for a room upgrade so we were still expected to pay the $300 for a standard room although they did offer a slight discount on that. Definitely not worth the money. We booked at another 5 star hotel in the city and it was fabulous. We won't be coming back to this hotel again. It's a shame that this is how wedding night had to end.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
AndreasBoettger, General Manager at Hilton On The Park Melbourne, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and the opportunity to respond. We do take our guest comments very serious and I am concerned to learn that our previous attempt to resolve your past stay has not been successful. We welcome the opportunity to look at it in more detail again and would appreciate if you please contact Ellen Westarp our Front Office Manager direct on ellen.westarp@hilton.com or 03 9412 3078.
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had a two night stay last weekend when we visited Melbourne to take our child to Disney on Ice at the Hisence Arena. The location couldn't be better if you are attending a sporting event, as it's a brief 5 minute walk to Olympic Park, and you can then avoid the mad traffic associated with sporting events at the park. A real bonus we thought.

The hotel didn't charge us extra for the roll way bed for our child (first hotel I have stayed at that don't charge extra for the roll away), nor did they charge us for breakfast for her. The buffet breakfast was as you would expect for the Hilton (but I have had better buffet breakfasts at other internaional hotels!).

The room was really clean, quiet and comfortable and we loved the king bed. The staff were delightful and very obliging.

For only AU$380 for two nights on Wotif, this was great value and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again particularly if we were attending a sporting event. We walked into the CBD in about 10-15 minutes, but it was also great to be out of the city hustle and bustle. A convenience store is two minutes away for basic necessities.

We have nothing negative to say about this hotel and highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hilton On The Park Melbourne, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and I am glad that you found the location and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

Been to Hilton On The Park Melbourne? Share your experiences!