“Ideal for the Sporting Venues” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton On The Park Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Hilton On The Park Melbourne to your Saves list
Hilton On The Park Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   192 Wellington Parade, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #79 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
West Midlands
“Ideal for the Sporting Venues”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We booked to stay at the Hilton on the Park for 5 nights during the Australian Open tennis. The second stop on a world tour. What a great position – it’s ideally placed for walking to the tennis around the MCG – approximately 10 minutes.
The “free tourist bus” also has a stop just across the road in the park, and the trains and trams stop on the road outside the hotel. Metcards (for the trams) can be bought from the 24/7 shop 50 yards up from the hotel.
We arrived early but our room was ready so we could check in at 1.00pm. The room was clean and comfortable and quiet even though it faced Wellington Terrace. It had the usual Hilton amenities: fridge, hairdryer, toiletries etc
WiFi was free in the reception/lobby area – authorisation codes are collected from with the receptionist or concierge. The receptionists and concierges were all extremely courteous and helpful.
We had a room only package so used the local restaurants for all of our meals – “Coffee on Wellington” for breakfast and a variety of restaurants just along the road for our evening meals.
The hotel – although way from the hustle of Fed Square, was a pleasant walk into the “city” and to the tourist tram around the city.
Ideal position for any sporting fixture and we wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
AndreasBoettger, General Manager at Hilton On The Park Melbourne, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
I am very happy to read your comments about your January stay and glad that you found the location and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction. The Australian Open is a terrific time in Melbourne and we hope to see you return for the 2013 tennis championships....safe travels.

858 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Polish first
Norwich, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed two nights here on our trip to Australia and really enjoyed our time in Melbourne. Although we were quite late arriving at the hotel check in was quick. On getting to our room we realised our safe had been locked, we let front desk know and this was replaced within 30 minutes along with the unit it was fixed too!

Other than on our first night we did not use the bar / restaurant at the hotel but on that first night service was friendly and efficient.

On opening curatins on our first morning we really got to appreciate the view and the closeness of the MCG to the hotel.

A short walk through the neighbouring parkand we were soon at Federation Square where we enjoyed a lovely breakfast at the Time Out cafe.

From Federation Square its very easy to get around with the free circular tram running close by, along with the Eureka Tower which is well worth a trip up.

The hotel has a nice outdoor pool area and spa, which we did use, with treatments offered that sadly we didnt have the opportunity to use.

We picked up our hire car from Melbourne and again the hotel staff were very helpful in providing directions (especially when compared to staff in the Thritfy office).

We would love to visit Melbourne again and would have no problems staying at the Hilton again.

Room Tip: Face the MCG!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
AndreasBoettger, General Manager at Hilton On The Park Melbourne, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thanks for taking the time for the great review and we hope to see you return to the Hilton on the Park if your travels bring you back to Melbourne.
Bairnsdale, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

I checked in around 8pm on a Wednesday night after driving 3.5hrs after work. I had an early business appointment Thursday and being 8 months pregnant, ALL I wanted was a decent nights sleep. This turned out to be impossible. I was woken more than once during the night, starting around midnight by incredibly loud gurgling noises from the bathroom, when i say loud i mean loud, i woke with quite a fright, wandered into the bathroom and found it was coming from the bath plug! I was then woken again by people talking and laughing outside my door around 2am. I was on the 4th floor at the end of the corridor opposite a door marked 'private' so I can only assume this was staff. At 4am the alarm clock started going off which had me fumbling around trying to figure out how to turn it off, only to hit the snooze button by mistake and have it go off again 10 minutes later. This had obviously been set by a previous guest and no one had bothered to turn it off. All in all, sleeping was a near impossibility and I left the next morning absolutely exhausted. I wouldn't have thought that expecting the opportunity to have decent night sleep midweek in a 5 star hotel would be too much to ask? What a waste of money!

Stayed March 2012
I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Your comfort is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in Melbourne you will consider staying with us again. I would be pleased to discuss your concerns further if you wished to contact me at the hotel directly. Thank you.
Maastricht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

Frequently stay at Hilton for business travel. On vacation now. After a stay at Four Seasons in Sydney, where everything is perfect and your room is serviced a zillion times a day, I realized that Hilton may not be perfect, but the staff here really makes up for the last 5%! My whole family got Executive Lounge access thanks to my gold status. And the wonderful lady at the lounge gave us some extra drinks for our room this evening. These little things do it for me! The Hilton staff really makes you feel home away from home!

• Stayed April 2012
AndreasBoettger, General Manager at Hilton On The Park Melbourne, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and your gracious comments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that all the team was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments especially with the Executive Lounge team and I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.
Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

If you are going to the football at the MCG there is nowhere better to stay. It is literally 5 mins walk to the ground and you can see the famous MCG from the rooms on that side on any floor level. The swimming pool area is lovely and the kingsize bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. The room had excellent blockout drapes and you couldn`t hear a thing. The only down side was the toilet didnt flush properly and the shower has the taps to turn it on where bath taps usually are so it was rather hard to adjust. We didnt eat at the hotel as it was very priceyand after the football which was a Thursday night and 10.30 we walked for miles and couldn`t find anywhere open to eat. Your $27 parking fee is for 24 hrs so they next day you can wander into town or Southbank.

Room Tip: always read a few reviews before you book. You will always get the whingers but if the majority of p...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
I want to personally thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. So glad you were able to experience our warm hospitality and were satisfied with many aspects of your stay. I understand the bathroom presentation was a concern, I have shared your comments with the hotel designers for their future consideration. I do hope that the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne you will stay with us again.
Sebastopol, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as the speaker at a conference there. Overall I think it is a great hotel with excellent service all around. The conference had lunch catered by the hotel and that was quite good. Rooms are nicely updated with flat screens, lots of plugs and refrigerator. While there are a few places to eat and few stores nearby, this is away from commercial strips, so you'll need to cross the park to the CBD or head east a few blocks to find shopping districts. I loved going north of the Gardens a few blocks into Fitzroy.

Be aware that this is just across the street from the major sports stadium, which often has 80,000 people attending events. That is great if you are attending the event and need a convenient base, if not it can be noisy before, during and after the evening games so from about 6pm - 11pm. So if you're a light I would recommend earplugs. This is out of the hotel's control, just is FYI.

I didn't pay for it, so may be a bit pricey for what I usually pay. Also they have the same exorbitant internet rates as other major hotels in Australia. Otherwise, excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Wellington Parade may have a bit less event noise
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Naturally I am pleased you were satisfied with many aspects of your stay.
I note your comment regarding internet and to avoid disappointment on a future visit, we do offer free Wi-Fi in the lobby, Park Lounge Bar and Gallery Restaurant for all in-house guests. The Wi-Fi is available in two-hour intervals - it's as easy as requesting the login code from front desk or concierge when you need it. We do hope to welcome you back to the Hilton on the Park Melbourne – there will always be a warm welcome waiting.
MARKHAM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This was the second stay at the Hilton on the Park. It is our recommended base in Melbourne. Attentive staff. Quiet location - but convenient. Overlooks 1956 Olympic stadium.

Room Tip: Get a room on the south or west sides for best views.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
AndreasBoettger, General Manager at Hilton On The Park Melbourne, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Thanks for your feedback, we are glad you enjoy staying with us when in Melbourne. You can be sure there will be a warm welcome when you return!

Been to Hilton On The Park Melbourne? Share your experiences!