New Year's Eve in Melbourne is usually a hot and sometimes humid experience. Having tried staying at the Hilton South Wharf two years ago, this time I thought we would try the other Hilton hotel in the city--Hilton on the Park. As a Hilton Honors member, I first tried the Hilton site but there were no available rooms two months before the event. Through an enjoyable guessing game, I found it via Secret Hotel at lastminute.com.au website, and booked a reasonably priced room, 1 king and one roll-away bed (for the child) but no breakfast, which is to be expected at that price for that time of the year.
I will not repeat the comments of the other reviewers about the hotel being old and dated; however, it is worthwhile repeating that customer service was really good. Everybody was polite, friendly and helpful. Having a pool was a godsend with the Melbourne summer, a feature that the more modern Hilton South Wharf didn't have. Because of the 35 degree dry heat, the outdoor pool was packed but nobody was complaining. Although it was a good 15 minute walk to Federation Square for the 9:30 pm and midnight fireworks display , it was no bother because public transport on trains and trams were free after 6 pm. Beds were comfortable, and we even bought buffet breakfast at their restaurant which had an okay selection. Self-parking was A$27. All in all, it was a convenient, stress-free short break and a good start to the new year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the attractive inner-city suburb of East Melbourne, Hilton on the Park is an elegantly furbished hotel directly opposite the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).Each furbished hotel room has warm, natural tones and feature large windows, a flat-screen TV and a wide range of amenities to ensure a relaxing and easy stay. Offering free Wi-Fi to all guests, the iconic Park Lounge bar is the perfect place to have a casual drink before heading to the MCG. For breakfast and dinner, the Gallery Restaurant also provides market fresh cuisines while overlooking the beautiful Fitzroy Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton On The Park Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton On The Park Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Hilton International East Melbourne
- Hilton East Melbourne
- East Melbourne Hilton