We stayed in a King size room for three nights. It was a good size and comfortable. I didn't find the hotel shabby maybe I didn't look hard enough or perhaps the room we had booked had been refurbished. I agree with the comment below regarding the taps for the shower - way too low.
There was some noise from the adjoining rooms, if you like silence for sleep you will need ear plugs.
Didn't eat at the hotel, but plenty of good and cheap cafes for breakfast close by. Ate at the Indian Restaurant a few doors down one night, that was okay too. Staff were friendly. Convenient for tram stops as well as the MCG and Rod Laver Arena.
Would happily stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the attractive inner-city suburb of East Melbourne, Hilton on the Park is an elegantly furbished hotel directly opposite the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).Each furbished hotel room has warm, natural tones and feature large windows, a flat-screen TV and a wide range of amenities to ensure a relaxing and easy stay. Offering free Wi-Fi to all guests, the iconic Park Lounge bar is the perfect place to have a casual drink before heading to the MCG. For breakfast and dinner, the Gallery Restaurant also provides market fresh cuisines while overlooking the beautiful Fitzroy Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Hilton On The Park Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton On The Park Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Hilton International East Melbourne
- Hilton East Melbourne
- East Melbourne Hilton