Booked a room for three nights over Grand Final weekend. We drove over from Perth for the big game. This hotel is in an excellent location in Carlton and a three second walk to the famous Lygon Street restaurants.
Quick and efficient check in at 4 in the morning. Undercroft parking was excellent and included in room rate. The room itself was OK. If anything, the bathroom was poorly designed and very small. The use of space was amateurish. Our room faced onto Drummond Street. Quite noisy from the road. You can hear all the road noise as well as people talking loudly on the street. Double glazing would easily fix the problem.
Wi-Fi? Not free. It should be. How much does it really cost to provide internet access?
After a night out in Lygon Street, I thought a night cap at the hotel's bar would be a good idea.....if only there was someone there to offer the service.
Over-all a good stay. Would I stay again? Absolutely.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus The Travel Hotel
- Best Western Plus The Travel Hotel Melbourne
- Best Western Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Travel Inn Melbourne is a boutique hotel accommodation in Carlton, situated close to the Melbourne CBD with only a short stroll to some of Melbourne's famous attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS The Travel Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.