It has got all you need but just not anything above. Location in the center and at the Mall with good connections to local public transport is so good as possible. Reception is small and not accessible during day time by taxi.To reach the rooms (at least ours) in the wing we had to use two different lifts. TV broadcast in the room stopped before the end of men's single semi and so obviously in some other rooms, too. Many of the guests gathered in the breakfast space to watch the end of the game. Same happened following night as well, and so we assumed the channel was paid only for the evening hours by the hotel. Breakfast was continental and good ok. Wifi was available to the rooms at 8 AUSD / hour. The room was tiny but had everything needed and it was clean. We stayed there for 4 nights and it served well the purpose. Price was not cheap of any point of view but taking into account that our stay was just at the time of Australian Open semis and Australian Day it might be just peak season and priced accordingly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Bourke Street Mall, the vibrant heart of Melbourne, Causeway Inn On The Mall is situated in a prime position opposite the GPO shopping complex and Myer department store. Causeway Inn On The Mall's central location makes the hotel ideal for the business and leisure traveller who wish to be in the hub of Melbourne. The hotel is surrounded by lively cafes, fashion & accessory boutiques, Melbourne's famous shopping arcades and major department stores such as David Jones and Zara. Trams and trains are just minutes away from the hotel, providing convenient access to shopping strips such as Bridge Road, Brunswick Street and Chapel Street as well as the DFO South Wharf shopping centre.Melbourne's cultural, sporting and entertainment venues are all a short walk from the hotel, including The MCG, Hisense Arena, Rod Laver Arena, Federation Square, Etihad Stadium, the National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne Gaol, Regent Theatre, Crown Casino complex and the Southgate precinct. Attractions such as Luna Park in St Kilda, Melbourne Zoo and Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit are all accessible by tram within a few minutes.Causeway Inn On The Mall prides itself on offering comfortable, well-appointed rooms at affordable prices in the heart of Melbourne. Room facilities include a bar fridge, in-room safe, air conditioning, ironing board & iron, tea & coffee maker, LCD TV with selected Foxtel channels and en-suite bathroom with shower. Facilities at the hotel include a business centre with internet and printing facilities, guest laundry, 24 hour reception and tour desk.The hotel has a discount parking arrangement with Wilson’s Galleria car park located at the corner of Little Collins and Elizabeth Streets.Should guests require airport transfers and tours, reception staff gladly oblige to assist with bookings.A hotel that is value for money offering friendly service in a quiet atmosphere in the centre of Melbourne. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Causeway Inn On The Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Causeway Inn On The Mall Hotel Melbourne
- Causeway Hotel Melbourne
- Causeway Hotel On The Mall