“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Melbourne

You added Crowne Plaza Melbourne to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 - 5 Spencer St., Melbourne, Victoria 3008, Australia (Docklands)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #69 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
sydney
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights. Its a good hotel with nice room. View wasnt great but was okay as we did not pay for river view room. Its literally a stone throw away from the crowne casino so if you are looking to go to the casino location is ideal. Short distance to shopping centre too. Overall was good stay although there was a fight happening at the reception when we went in as one of the guest was complaining that her personal belongings have been touched by someone and she lost something from her luggage in the room.

Room Tip: Can pay few dollars more for a river view room if you want a great view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Cameron A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Pink F,
Thank you for sharing your review. I am pleased to learn that our prime city location and comfort of the Hotel were able to meet your needs. I am disappointed to hear that your experience during your arrival was not pleasant and apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and hope that it did not affect your overall experience. I sincerely hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Melbourne again in the near future.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Finnish first
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I recently spent one night at this hotel. I thought it offered great value for money. It is located just over the Yarra River from Southbank and within a short tram ride or a 3 block walk from the centre of Melbourne.
My room was excellent - it was facing inwards so there was no view but this also meant it was extremely quiet. The curtains were made of block-out material so I had the good night's sleep i was after.
I would certainly stay here again.
I have one question for the management - why isn't there a Room 232 ?

Room Tip: If you need peace and quiet ask for a pool view room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Cameron A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear TrickyPerth,
Thank you for sharing your review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, particularly your room and the fact that you were able to enjoy a comfortable night sleep. I am also pleased to learn that our prime city location was also able to accommodate to your needs. In relation to your question, due to room configuration and varying room sizes, we try to keep room number positioning consistent across all floors. I trust that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza on your next visit to Melbourne.
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza with our grand daughter for one night. The hotel was perfect for us and very conveniently located for transport and wherever we wished to visit. We arrived in the morning and were immediately checked in to our room which was a bonus. We'd definitely stay there again but would look for a special price before booking.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Cameron A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Dadndoc,
Thank you for sharing your positive review. I am pleased that learn that you experienced a comfortable stay and that our prime city location was able to cater to your needs. I am also pleased to learn that we were able to accommodate your request for an early check-in. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

What a fantastic and perfectly located Melbourne hotel! Everything was first class....from concierge, to front desk, to assistance with restaurants (both inside and outside the Hotel). Immaculately clean and tidy throughout. The pool and gym were in excellent order and modern. Never a delay for taxis or trams from this location. Very close to everything Melbourne has to offer for a great holiday. Definitely staying here on our next visit. Thoroughly recommend this Hotel!

Room Tip: Our room was on a higher floor and faced across the Yarra River... an absolutely fantastic view! Ver...
Dear Greg D,
Thank you for sharing such a positive review of your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Melbourne. I am delighted to learn that everything you experienced throughout your stay contributed to wonderfully memorable experience. It will be my absolute pleasure to share your kind words with our team and I sincerely hope we see you again in the near future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The Crowne Plaza Hotel Melbourne, was our first hotel of our 18 day fantastic trip to Australia. The Crowne Plaza did not disappoint in any way, it's a beautiful hotel, the team of concierge & staff were very welcoming. The food was really lovely, & dining room beautiful. The view from our bedroom was a amazing, & will stay with us always.

I have had to put March 2013, but our trip was actually March 2012. There are only set dates in the " When did you travel " box, sorry.

Room Tip: I think any room in this hotel would be a lovely room, but on a high floor the views would be amazin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Eileen,
Thank you for sharing your review and I am pleased that your trip to Australia was a good one. I am delighted to learn that your Crowne Plaza experience was one to remember and that our Concierge team met your expectations. I am also delighted to learn that you had an exceptional dining experience in our restaurant - Clarendon Street Grill. I look forward to sharing your kind words with our team here and I hope to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Melbourne if you ever return to Australia..
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My parents and I started 2014 with a 5 day stay at Crowne Plaza Melbourne. We drove from Sydney to be welcomed by the wonderful team of the concierge and just by chance the new GM Cameron Abbot. We all talked and shared our Christmas holiday stories and it felt just like meeting old friends. Only a very special hotel can create this type of atmosphere, we have stayed many times and plan to return throughout the upcoming year. Although we slept late most mornings and missed breakfast I went down to the dining room to catch up with the staff who have become long standing friends, what a great team of people who will always remain as a very special connection. Thank you Crowne Plaza Melbourne and have a spectacular 2014.

Room Tip: Any room facing Crown Casino looking up the Yarra, fabulous view. Enjoy the activity of the night li...
Dear Alexander M,
It was a pleasure meeting you and your family. I am delighted to hear that our team here at the Crowne Plaza makes you feel at home. On behalf of our colleagues thank you for your loyalty as we continue to enjoy the long standing relationship with you and your family. Be assured your feedback will be shard with the team, and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.
Wellington, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My wife and I spent 4 nights here over New Years. The location itself is fantastic with south bank and the crown casino just a stones throw away. The service was very average. We were checked in promptly but changed rooms after finding several strands of hair all over the bed. The rooms look tired and the breakfast buffet looked more like an old age home with horrible cold over-cooked food. I'd give this place a skip given that Melbourne has some great hotels.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, opt for a room facing the yarra river.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SweetAzNZ,
Thank you for sharing your review. I was disappointed to learn that your stay fell below the level of expectation that we place upon ourselves. I will be sure to address your concerns, particularly in relation to room cleanliness with our Housekeeping team, and your dining experience with our Food & Beverage leadership. Could I kindly request that you contact Ben Schmidt, Rooms Division Manager, to discuss your concerns and your particular reservation.
Hotel Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Melbourne? Share your experiences!