“4day business trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Melbourne

You added Crowne Plaza Melbourne to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 - 5 Spencer St., Melbourne, Victoria 3008, Australia (Docklands)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #68 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“4day business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Very clean, and had all business amenities that I required. Had a great view of the Yarra river at the casino side. Well worth asking for that view. Very friendly parking assitance and had my vehicle ready and waiting for when I requested.

Room Tip: Ask for view of the crown casino on the yarra river to see the flames in front of casino from 8pm
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Cameron A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Lee,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our prime city location, River View Room and staff were able to exceed your needs and expectations. I trust I have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.
Kind regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Finnish first
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 6 days and found it very acceptable. The rates were reasonable by Australian standards and the room was quite a decent size. It is well located in CBD and I would stay here again. My room was 423 overlooking the river and very close to the Crown Casino. The staff were very helpful. When I had a problem with wifi (which is not unusual in Australia where wifi is generally poor and slow), they provided me with my own personal wireless router in my room. The wifi charge is 19AUD per day. One of my pet peeves is having to pay for wifi. It should be complementary and included in the room rate. Hilton and Marriott have got the message in the US and provide complimentary wifi, but Australia is still in the dark ages when it comes to connectivity.

Room Tip: 423 on the Fourth floor overlooking the river. Close to elevators.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear polofson,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was a memorable experience. You will be happy to hear that we are currently looking at ways of improving our internet service delivery in order to meet the needs of our guests. I look forward to sharing your comments with our team and welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Melbourne when are are back in Victoria in the future.
Wangaratta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza as I was working at an Expo at Jeffs Shed. The location was perfect for walking to the Exhibition Centre, South Bank and City. My room was a little dated (bath over shower) but the view more than made up for this, over looking the Yarra River and South Bank. You get a good look at the flames lighting up at night. Could probably look at the system they use for Valet parking - very slow.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room for the best views.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear happestos,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and our River View Room exceeded your expectations . I do appreciate your feedback regarding our bathrooms and can assure you we are in the process of reviewing actions to improve these. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team and welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Melbourne again in the near future.
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

The hotel room was a good size, very clean with a comfortable bed. We were situated in the middle of a long corridor overlooking the pool. We stayed two nights. On Friday night, we were woken five times by different groups/couples walking noisily to their rooms in the early hours. You could hear every word they were saying and it was impossible to sleep through the yelling and giggling. I was so disappointed about the disturbed sleep that I mentioned our experience to the reception staff. The manager and staff member were apologetic and moved us to the floor above where the end room (near the service elevator) was vacant. Our second night was free of any disturbances or noise. I highly recommend this hotel due to the responsive staff and efficient service. Many thanks to the helpful staff member on the front desk who made our stay comfortable and peaceful!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the corridor if you don't want to be disturbed.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Cameron A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear N S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I was disappointed to learn that your first night was impacted on by the noise created by other guests, but naturally pleased that our team were able to accommodate your request to move to a quieter location within the Hotel. I am delighted that the remainder of your stay was enjoyable and that you would recommend Crowne Plaza Melbourne to others. It is with great pleasure that I will be sharing your kind words with our Front Office team.
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Directly across the River Yarra from the Casino and Convention Centre, the Crowne is a cheaper alternative to the Casino-run hotels.
The bathrooms have shower curtains and would probably be due for a refresh in the next few years.

My only complaint is that the wifi internet is not free.
These days, internet access is like hot water and air conditioning - an essential service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cameron A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear SuJo-a-GoGo,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I do appreciate your feedback regarding our bathrooms and can assure you we are in the process of reviewing actions to improve these. We are also looking at ways of improving our internet service delivery in order to meet the needs of our guests. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team and welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Melbourne again in the near future.
CPH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great location of exploring Melbourne. It is also located just by the convention center.

The rooms are clean and of a good size. The bathrooms need a renovation soon.

Service and room-service are very well. The breakfast is also recommendable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Cameron A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Mathias,
Thank-you for taking the time to share your review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that the level of service you received exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your warm comments to our Food and Beverage Team. I trust I have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed for three nights in the Crowne Plaza at Spencer Street while on a business trip in October 2013. It's located very conveniently close (a 10 minute walk at most) to Southern Cross railway station - where you can get airport shuttles for $17 one way. Also, close to Collins St where you have most of the offices - again a short walk away. Just as importantly, it's about 10 minutes walk from the Waterfront where you have a number of great restaurants, bars and pubs.

The room was standard Crowne Plaza fare - not too big but then that's expected. Wifi was fast and I would have been happier if I didn't have to walk as much from the lobby to the elevators. I didn't really have breakfast here so I can't comment on that. The staff was helpful and I never faced any problems with regards to service.

Will be staying here again for sure when I am in Melbourne next.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cameron A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Pratish,
Thank-you for taking the time to share your review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our prime city location and staff were able to exceed your needs and expectations. I will be sure to pass on your warm comments to our Team. I trust I have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.
Hotel Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Melbourne? Share your experiences!