“Professional, accommodating staff saved our weekend.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Melbourne to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 - 5 Spencer St., Melbourne, Victoria 3008, Australia (Docklands)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Get Up to 35% Off
Ranked #65 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Canberra, Australia
“Professional, accommodating staff saved our weekend.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

The hotel room was a good size, very clean with a comfortable bed. We were situated in the middle of a long corridor overlooking the pool. We stayed two nights. On Friday night, we were woken five times by different groups/couples walking noisily to their rooms in the early hours. You could hear every word they were saying and it was impossible to sleep through the yelling and giggling. I was so disappointed about the disturbed sleep that I mentioned our experience to the reception staff. The manager and staff member were apologetic and moved us to the floor above where the end room (near the service elevator) was vacant. Our second night was free of any disturbances or noise. I highly recommend this hotel due to the responsive staff and efficient service. Many thanks to the helpful staff member on the front desk who made our stay comfortable and peaceful!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the corridor if you don't want to be disturbed.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Cameron A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear N S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I was disappointed to learn that your first night was impacted on by the noise created by other guests, but naturally pleased that our team were able to accommodate your request to move to a quieter location within the Hotel. I am delighted that the remainder of your stay was enjoyable and that you would recommend Crowne Plaza Melbourne to others. It is with great pleasure that I will be sharing your kind words with our Front Office team.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Finnish first
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Directly across the River Yarra from the Casino and Convention Centre, the Crowne is a cheaper alternative to the Casino-run hotels.
The bathrooms have shower curtains and would probably be due for a refresh in the next few years.

My only complaint is that the wifi internet is not free.
These days, internet access is like hot water and air conditioning - an essential service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cameron A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear SuJo-a-GoGo,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I do appreciate your feedback regarding our bathrooms and can assure you we are in the process of reviewing actions to improve these. We are also looking at ways of improving our internet service delivery in order to meet the needs of our guests. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team and welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Melbourne again in the near future.
CPH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great location of exploring Melbourne. It is also located just by the convention center.

The rooms are clean and of a good size. The bathrooms need a renovation soon.

Service and room-service are very well. The breakfast is also recommendable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Cameron A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Mathias,
Thank-you for taking the time to share your review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that the level of service you received exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your warm comments to our Food and Beverage Team. I trust I have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed for three nights in the Crowne Plaza at Spencer Street while on a business trip in October 2013. It's located very conveniently close (a 10 minute walk at most) to Southern Cross railway station - where you can get airport shuttles for $17 one way. Also, close to Collins St where you have most of the offices - again a short walk away. Just as importantly, it's about 10 minutes walk from the Waterfront where you have a number of great restaurants, bars and pubs.

The room was standard Crowne Plaza fare - not too big but then that's expected. Wifi was fast and I would have been happier if I didn't have to walk as much from the lobby to the elevators. I didn't really have breakfast here so I can't comment on that. The staff was helpful and I never faced any problems with regards to service.

Will be staying here again for sure when I am in Melbourne next.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cameron A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Pratish,
Thank-you for taking the time to share your review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our prime city location and staff were able to exceed your needs and expectations. I will be sure to pass on your warm comments to our Team. I trust I have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.
Kirkcaldy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

The Crowne Plaza is well situated to let you enjoy everything Melbourne has to offer. Situated on the river bank with superb views of the city, it is very comfortable with a friendly staff and excellent facilities, although the restaurant was a bit disappointing for evening meals. Better to eat out at one of the many riverside restaurants. Happy hour in the lounge bar made the drinks a bit more affordable but still expensive by UK standards.

Room Tip: An up-stream river view room is worth the extra
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Cameron A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear James,
Thank-you for taking the time to share your review. I am so pleased to read your enjoyed your stay with us and am sorry to note of your experience with our Restaurant, Clarendon St Grill. We have recently made changes to our menu and I trust we have the opportunity to offer you a better dining experience upon a future visit. I look forward to sharing your comments with our team and welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Very pleased with my stay at the Crowne Plaza. I have stayed in several hotels in the Melbourne CBD and not many compare nor come close to the Crowne Plaza.

Situated right in the heart of it all, right on the Yarra. The area at night is beautiful. This property is fantastic in Winter as you do not even really need to step outside of the complex in order to do anything.

I had a ladies weekend in Melbourne and this property was very lovely. We loved our beautifully cleaned room & the fantastic room service. The concierge and reception staff couldn't be more helpful.

Thank you Crowne Plaza Melbourne for providing such a high level or service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Leishie,
Thank-you for taking the time to share your review. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our concierge and reception teams were able to meet your needs and expectations. I look forward to sharing your comments with our team and welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Nicely situated hotel by the River Yarre, right on the corner of Spencer street and Flinders Street.Hotel room was nicely furnished with a nice view of the river.On arrival a bowl of fruit was in our room which was a nice touch.We made full use of the free wi-fi you get for 2hrs daily in the lobby.Breakfasts were very good, lots of choice.We did eat in the restaurant a couple of times and really enjoyed what we ordered.Enjoyed staying here while in Melbourne as it was so convenient for all the sights to visit etc.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mandrew465,
Thank-you for taking the time to share your review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our River View Room and internet access were able to meet your needs and expectations. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your dining experiences and look forward to sharing your warm comments with our team and welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.
Hotel Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Melbourne? Share your experiences!