“Good for business, but a bit unpersonal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Melbourne

You added Crowne Plaza Melbourne to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 - 5 Spencer St., Melbourne, Victoria 3008, Australia (Docklands)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #69 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Oslo, Norway
“Good for business, but a bit unpersonal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Good location for getting around Melbourne city centre. Friendly, but a bit unpersonal staff. Nice clean room on the 10th floor. Windows couldn't be opened, but the a/c was quiet, so that wasn't a problem. Breakfast buffet was ok. Not very good value for money, but acceptable.
Stayed for seven nights while on business.

Room Tip: Ask for River or South Wharf wiew.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cameron A, Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Maddawg01,

Thank you for your feedback. I was most concerned to read of your thoughts concerning our impersonal staff. As a long stay guest I would greatly welcome insight into this, and would be grateful if you were to contact me directly.
I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Finnish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 4 nights earlier this month, being a Priority Member i had vouchers 'stay one night, get one night free' so basically we were getting two nights free, problem was i forgot to take the vouchers with me, after I explained to the receptionist that I had forgotten the vouchers she gave me a phone number to call which i couldn't get on to, anyway, point is she was quite unhelpful and abrupt, next morning I spoke to another female at reception who assured me that I could post the vouchers to the hotel when i arrived home and not to worry about it, if the first receptionist had have pointed that out I would have slept more peacefully the first night. Ok, back to the important stuff about the hotel, great hotel, lovely room with a fabulous view of the river and the casino, comfy bed, typical Crowne with the yummy breakfast buffet, great service from all staff, espeically when we needed a maintenance person to fix a leaking tap, he arrived in the room within minutes of our call took a few minutes and problem solved. The Hotel is in a great heading off spot with the trams to the inner city just outside the door and of course the Casino a few minutes walk away. Only down side was the water pressure in the shower could be better. All in all great stay at the Crowne.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 8th Floor - choose a room with an odd number, great views
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cameron A, Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
DearMizzjupiter,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your review. I was dissapointed to read of your initial arrival experience but pleased to note the seamlessness of the remainder of your stay. I trust I have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Gosford NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I like staying here. I have been here several times this year with work, and each time I haven't experienced any problems.
The rooms are always clean, the views across the river either toward the casino or the convention centre are great. Its onlya quick 5 minute wla to the casono , you can eat there as well, as there are many restaurants to chose from.
Room service meals are very nice and good value. The breakfast buffet is as good as any where, the self juicing station is a very good idea, you can whip up whatever you feel like and its fresh and healthy.
It takes about 15mins to walk to Flinders St station, so its not too far. Its close to the freeway to the airport, which is handy.

Room Tip: Views back up the river towards the casino are the best
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear PJayGosford,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your wonderful and thorough review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that Crowne Plaza Melbourne’s location and service met your expectations. I look forward to sharing your warm comments with all of our teams. I trust I have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business and was very disappointed. For the money in Melbourne one can do better. I was particularly annoyed when I was awoken in the middle of the night by a phone call from the manager asking me to check if my bathroom taps were running (they weren't)

• Stayed August 2013
Cameron A, Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Cccooo,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your review. I am saddened to hear your stay with us failed to meet your needs and expectations and would be grateful if you were to contact me personally to discuss further. I do apologise for the phone call interruption and will be sure to follow this up with our Front Office overnight team. I hope we have the opportunity for you to stay with us again in the future and provide you with a warm, positive stay. I look forward to speaking with you in due course.

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Extremely well located downtown next to the train station this hotel offers all the amenities including business centre, lobby bar, and free breakfast on most rates. Rooms are very quite and located in a semi circular building shape making it easier to get to your room. Staff extremely well trained with plenty of common sense. Great stay! Highly recommended.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Michaelcanada,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that Crowne Plaza Melbourne’s location and service exceeded your expectations. I look forward to passing on your warm comments to all of our teams and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

After booking 6 weeks in advance for 2 nights, the day before I was due to arrive I rang and pushed back my booking by 2 days, none of which I was told was a problems, just that it would cost an extra $60. I arrived at the amended date at circa 9.30pm and was told that my booking had been cancelled even though I had paid in full through a 3rd party. Needless to say I was a bit frustrated though even when I explained the chain of events that had me there the Duty Manager was like talking to a brick wall and offered no empathy, respect or help. I ended up paying for the night and as soon as I got to the room, I jumped on line to find somewhere else for the following night. Upon my return home, I rang the Hotel with my details, confirmation numbers, times and the people I had spoken to when I amended my booking. After a week & a second phone call the Hotel acknowledged they had erred and a day later a refund was offered. While this still took another 2 weeks to be fulfilled in total. Apart from this experience, the hotel is well located near Southbank the duty manager who took control of resolving the issue once I had raised it is to be commended though the original duty manager needs some tips on customer service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tooheyspete,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your review. I am saddened to hear your stay with us left a negative impression. I do however appreciate your feedback and will be sure to follow this up with our Front Office and Reservations teams and take the appropriate actions necessary to improve our service. I am pleased our staff were able to overcome the initial issue and I trust we have the opportunity to welcome you back again for a stay which is able to exceed your needs and expectations.
Melbourne Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Great location, right opposite Crown Casino, next door to the exhibition centre and a short walk to South Wharf DFO. Room was clean and beds comfy. We had two win rooms with adjoining doors. There were 6 of us girls sharing the two rooms for a hens weekend. Staff at reception desk extremely helpful and friendly. Alert parking was a little expensive at $40 per day but I paid it anyway. Bathroom had a shower/bath and was of an average size for a hotel. Would recommend this hotel again for its location ad friendly staff

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kylie21,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff and prime city location and were able to exceed your expectations. I appreciate your feedback regarding the room and parking and will be sure to pass on these comments to our teams for further action. I trust we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Melbourne? Share your experiences!