This hotel is located on the side of the Yarra river opposite the Crown Casino complex, and as such has easy access to a number of different dining options along the river banks.
The Staff in the Hotel were very good, and offered assistance when ever needed, and also knew the local area very well.
The casino opposite it has a Fire based display that is activated every hour for 5 minutes from dusk to 11pm. Don't be supprised if you hear what sounds like wild animal roars during the show as that is the sound of the flame Busts from the towers along the river... A interesting show to watch for the first time, but the sound gets a bit annoying after the first 10 - 20 shows......
The In-house restaurant and as a result room service has a simple menu, which caters for most food and diet requirements. Interesting that the room service menu advises a diet friendly options page which includes items like Pork Belly etc... Not your normal diet conscious menu item. All in all the food was very good and not too overly priced.
Criticism of the Restaurant: - The Staff in the restaurant are in need of training, they came across as bored, and did not understand the etiquette around when to ask diners if their meals were ok... i.e. They wait until you take a mouth full and then step up and ask... (3 times in one meal was a bit much) They also seemed to think diners would like to sit in the restaurant after a meal for 15 minutes before bringing the check... (Yes did ask for it before waiting 15 mins, but had to ask again).
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the Yarra River, in the heart of the Southbank precinct Crowne Plaza Melbourne is a located adjacent to Melbourne Convention Exhibition Center and a relaxed stroll from Southgate arts and dining promenade, the city center, Melbourne Aquarium, Etihad Stadium and shopping hot spots. Crowne Plaza Melbourne is a 5-minute walk from Southern Cross railway station and a 2-minute stroll to the tramways for swift travel across town. Taxis or our car service take 30 minutes from Melbourne Airport, while our convenient valet service makes parking a breeze. Providing support for the corporate traveler our business centre provides complimentary use of PCs, Internet and stationary supplies. Whether it’s over a succulent steak at Clarendon Street Grill, a classic cocktail in the Lobby Bar or an informal meeting in the Corporate Lounge, Crowne Plaza Melbourne really is The Place To Meet with friends, family, colleagues and clients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.