“Nice Place to Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Melbourne

You added Crowne Plaza Melbourne to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 - 5 Spencer St., Melbourne, Victoria 3008, Australia (Docklands)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #69 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
“Nice Place to Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here for 8 nights for our anniversary. We had a room on the 7th floor overlooking the Yarra river...great view. Room was clean and spacious , along with mini bar , tea and coffee making facility.
Staff at hotel were friendly and courteous.
We would certainly stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2013
IHG_Hotel, Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear CharlieBrigid.

Congratulations on your recent anniversary, its great to see you chose to spend that special time with us, we trust you enjoyed all that Melbourne has to offer. The view from your room overlooking the Yarra River is spectacular and very popular. We encourage all our guests to upgrade to a King Deluxe River View Room at time of booking to avoid disappointment.

Maybe we will see you again for you next anniversary

Kind regards

Crowne Plaza Melbourne Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Finnish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

What a find this hotel is! Wonderful staff very informative. Rooms are neat and tidy very quiet, excellent breakfast. The position of this hotel is ideal close to everything the city has to offer, we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Hi Jenny M

Thanks for the great review! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards

Crowne Plaza Melbourne Management Team
Woodend, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We usually stay at Intercontinental Rialto but couldn't get a room with our vouchers so decided to stay at Crowne Plaza.The hotel is in a great spot but the entrance leaves a lot to be desired. I must say the hotel doesn't have a lot to work with.
We received a lovely greeting. Being platinum members we were given an upgrade but I think it was only to a higher floor and not a bigger room.
There was also no free wi fi for platinum members. Strange as we get it at ICH Rialto
We were however given a nice bottle of wine.
That said the room was pleasant with great view of the river, the bathroom small and tired, pillows flat and bed only OK.
The TV reception was atrocious and very difficult to watch the football.I would have expected better.
The staff were nice and the breakfast very good.
For the price OK but I am afraid it is the Intercontinental for us. We are at home there , the staff in the club lounge know us and always welcome us with open arms.
This hotel just didn't do it for me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was stay in the hotel for about 1 weeks for business trip. During my stay, I feel very comfortable.
What make me happy about the hotel is that the hotel is located not far from the heart of Melbourne city, and just across Melbourne Exhibition hall.
With beautiful night view of Yarra river, I really love my experience of walking from Flinders Central Station to the hotel...
Inside the room, I think it is not average, but not excellent either. I would rather say "very good" just like normal 4-5 star hotel room and facility.
What I can tell is that the room is very clean and comfortable, the bathroom is also clean.
that two are the most thing that I look for the hotel I stay.

Room Tip: select one with Yarra River view... it is georgeous!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Noosa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here one night and really enjoyed my stay. The staff were all very attentive and extremely helpful.

The room was very clean and had everything I needed. Lovely crisp, white sheets and big selection of pillows. The gym had all the basics needed for a decent workout.

The 11am check out time is another little bonus.

Nicely located alongside the Yarra.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

For a one night stay, visiting family, this was an ideal location. We could walk and explore the South Bank right across the bridge, and use the city circle free tram to get around on the other side. Cab rank right outside. Huge window in room let in plenty of light and a view. Quiet room and all necessary facilities. We breakfasted heartily at the lobby bar, as we didn't need a big buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: You probably get a better view on the northern side, if you are willing to pay more.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

If I could 3.5, I would, I feel average is a bit harsh, but very good is not right either. A colleague and I stayed two nights on business and so my comments are based purely on a business perspective. We found the hotel was a bit expensive compared to our other approved hotel options. The rooms are quite small (our main problem for the price) and my room was quite noisy (air conditioning unit and fridge). However, they were clean and well kitted out. At check in reception was informative, time and location of breakfast, location of lifts and rooms etc. It's just the overall experience was not terribly memorable. Unlikely, I would spend personal money to stay for a holiday. I prefer to stay closer to actual CBD and prefer larger rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Juddster1,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the size of the room, and ambient noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Melbourne? Share your experiences!