We had a Pool side room on the 5th Floor with a king size bed. If you arrive by foot (from Southern Cross railway station) it is difficult to find a way into the Hotel that doesn't require competing with traffic or 30 steps to the main reception with luggage!!! But there is an unmarked large glass sliding door on Spencer Street which has an escalator and lift that will take you to the reception area. The check-in process was a bit longer than normal for an online booking, as they don't charge your credit card until your arrival. The staff were friendly and professional. The location of the hotel is really only good for the casino and Southern Cross Station, but there is a tram stop right out front on the hotel and the No 96 tram will take you right into the CBD (Bourke St Mall), but you will need to already have purchased a Myki card to travel on it. I was glad that we didn't have a river view as you can hear the trams crossing the bridge and people down on the street from the 5th floor and it would have kept me awake. The room we had was quiet as long as the neighbours didn't use their bathroom. Was it good value for money. Not really. I have stayed in hotels with larger rooms, including parking & breakfast in the center of Melbourne CBD for $70 less. Our room cost $250. I thought it was a bit cheap to only have one dressing robe and only two mugs and spoons. No plates, no cutlery, no room in the fridge. So don't plan on taking food into your room. Only a quilt with two sheets was supplied for the bed, which also had a mattress topper. No blanket supplied, so your are either hot or cold. Nothing in between. Would I only stay here again - only if I was going to be visiting the casino for a concert or something like that and only for one night.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Hotel
- Melbourne Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the Yarra River, in the heart of the Southbank precinct Crowne Plaza Melbourne is a located adjacent to Melbourne Convention Exhibition Center and a relaxed stroll from Southgate arts and dining promenade, the city center, Melbourne Aquarium, Etihad Stadium and shopping hot spots. Crowne Plaza Melbourne is a 5-minute walk from Southern Cross railway station and a 2-minute stroll to the tramways for swift travel across town. Taxis or our car service take 30 minutes from Melbourne Airport, while our convenient valet service makes parking a breeze. Providing support for the corporate traveler our business centre provides complimentary use of PCs, Internet and stationary supplies. Whether it’s over a succulent steak at Clarendon Street Grill, a classic cocktail in the Lobby Bar or an informal meeting in the Corporate Lounge, Crowne Plaza Melbourne really is The Place To Meet with friends, family, colleagues and clients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Crowne Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.