As most people agree here the hotel needs some serious updating the decor is very tired and worn the carpet needing a serious steaming or better still replaced. The location it has to be said is terrific close to the river, great restaurants and the shops. I could see some efforts were being made and there were some nice touches here and there ( bowls of fresh fruit on most floors) on the whole the management need a long hard look at this hotel. I did find some other positives. The gym is small but clean and well equipped and the room service is speedy and the food good.
My largest issue would be with the staff. Aside from one gentleman who delivered my room service and was pleasant and accommodating ( he even tuned my tv in when he saw the picture wasn't great ) I found the staff ranged from disinterested to downright rude. The low point of my visit was when I was taking a taxi to the most important meeting of my trip. I had booked it the previous day and had allowed myself plenty of time. The taxi rank at the concierge station was shambolic at best and I was still waiting for it twenty minutes after the time it was booked for. I asked the concierge, a young gentleman with slicked hair and a beard if this sort of lateness was typical he replied : " I dunno mate I don't own the taxi company do I?"
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the Yarra River, in the heart of the Southbank precinct Crowne Plaza Melbourne is a located adjacent to Melbourne Convention Exhibition Center and a relaxed stroll from Southgate arts and dining promenade, the city center, Melbourne Aquarium, Etihad Stadium and shopping hot spots. Crowne Plaza Melbourne is a 5-minute walk from Southern Cross railway station and a 2-minute stroll to the tramways for swift travel across town. Taxis or our car service take 30 minutes from Melbourne Airport, while our convenient valet service makes parking a breeze. Providing support for the corporate traveler our business centre provides complimentary use of PCs, Internet and stationary supplies. Whether it’s over a succulent steak at Clarendon Street Grill, a classic cocktail in the Lobby Bar or an informal meeting in the Corporate Lounge, Crowne Plaza Melbourne really is The Place To Meet with friends, family, colleagues and clients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.