“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   575 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Exclusive:25% Off
Ranked #71 of 170 Hotels in Melbourne
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

My family stayed here for 2 nights. I booked through wotif and, when my confirmation came through the bedding configuration was wrong. I rang the hotel directly and was advised that wotif should not have sold me the deal I got as none of those rooms were available. Before I could even object, I was offered a complimentary upgrade and bedding to suit. Happy days! Our room was quite nice and bedding comfortable. However, no pillow was provided on trundle for our daughter and when we asked house keeping for one I don't think she spoke enough English to understand the request. We did get one once we asked at front desk. My only real bug was probably how late our room was cleaned. We spent a whole day and about walking etc. Returned to our room to relax for a bit at 4pm and (room not clean) at 4:15 our door opened without knock. Housekeeping were just getting to us. Defiantly thought they should have already been by they time.

Overall though, nice hotel, nice room, very convenient location close to everything. Would stay again.

Stayed December 2013
Holiday Inn M, Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Bwds

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our location. It sounds like the situation with your room type was handled well and you received a nice upgrade. Thank you for the feedback on our housekeeping department, we are looking into the issues mentioned at the moment. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards
Simon Carter
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Korean first
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

One thing I can say about Holiday Inn is I can always expect great service and the HI on Flinders lived up to that. Check in was fast and friendly. My 7th floor room was large and clean. The shower had lots of hot water to wash off the travel grime. This is close to Southern Cross Station and the factory outlet clothing stores. I will stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Holiday Inn M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Wolin,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. It is wonderful to hear that our team lived up to the great service expectations you have for the Holiday Inn brand. Time spent in transit can be long and draining, so it’s great that you were able to enjoy a long, hot shower when you arrived to your room. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 1 night with our daughters to attend the Taylor Swift concert at Etihad. The room was big enough for the 4 of us (2 double beds) and the staff were very helpful when we needed emergency nail polish remover! The location makes this hotel perfect for anyone needing to attend etihad stadium as its less than a 5 minute walk. Also the kids eat free deal for breakfast was great (especially as my 8 year old considers 1 piece of pineapple breakfast)!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear travelholicaussie,
Thanking you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. I’m glad you had a great girls night attending a concert during your stay with us. It’s very convenient being able to walk to Etihad when events are staged there, especially when you are travelling with children. I’m pleased to hear that you took advantage of the ‘Kids Eat Free’ deal during breakfast and that our team were able to help you out with emergency nail polish remover as it is these small touches that we pride ourselves on.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stay: Nov 24-Nov 30, 2013

I had the wonderful opportunity to visit Melbourne, Australia. I took a few vacation days on my business trip before working a major conference the following week.
The room was clean and comfortable.....nothing ritzy or glitzy....remember it is a Holiday Inn. The room furniture and decor were a bit "worn". But my plan was not to sit in the room all day and stare at the wall or furniture, lol! :)

I felt safe throughout the property. I spent a majority of my time out of my room exploring the CBD, taking day tours, eating, shopping, and just soaking in all the various attractions. If you like to walk you'll find the hotel is convenient and is less than a 20 min walk to just about everything. If you don't like to walk there's free trams and other transit to get you where you need to go. Just ask the front desk for more info. By the time I came back to my room, the room was made up and ready for me to retire for the night.

The staff were very professional and courteous which always make a difference. I would stay here again if I needed a place to crash on another exploration of Melbourne.

Room Tip: Free wifi for 2 hrs in lobby per day.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Holiday Inn M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear C W,

Thank you very much for sharing your review. It sounds like you were able to fit a lot into your visit to Melbourne and it is great to hear that after a long day of exploring, your room was always made up for you to relax and retire in. I appreciate your feedback regarding the feeling of safety you experienced in the hotel. It is of the utmost importance to us that our guests feel safe and secure at all times during their stay. I am glad that our professional team made a difference during your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next trip, be it business, leisure or a bit of both again!

Grasstree Beach, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We spent a few days in Melbourne for a concert at the Crown Casino, The holiday Inn is within easy walking distance to, South Bank, Crown Casino, Entertainment Centre, Art Galleries, shopping, restruarants and CBD. Staff were pleasant and checkin was a breeze, rooms were clean and roomy, all in all a great central location at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: I have never been a lover of showers over bath tubs, ask if standard shower cubicles are available.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear PMGALEA,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on our hotel. It is great to hear that you found our location convenient for the concert you attended during your stay and that you were able to visit some of the nearby attractions. It is always nice to hear that your check in experience was enjoyable and our Housekeeping team will appreciate you mentioning the cleanliness of our rooms.

Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I booked a suite because no other rooms available. The room was smelly and felt like not properly cleaned. The sofa in the living room was broken and not useable.

Worst of all you are charged 1.5% if you pay by credit card!!!

Never again.

• Stayed November 2013
Holiday Inn M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Oooo1,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had a less than perfect stay at our hotel. Please be assured that your concerns regarding the cleanliness of the room and the sofa have been passed on to our Housekeeping Manger for further investigation. Unfortunately, all credit card payments incur a 1.5% surcharge as a standard across our industry. This fee can be avoided should a payment be settled by either debit or cash.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because my company booked a block of rooms here since it was in walking distance to the Melbourne Exhibition Center/Conference Center. The rates were very high and higher than other hotels nearby. The staff were very friendly and welcoming but the hotel isn’t that great for business travelers and not worth the rates being charged when a convention is in at the convention center.

The beds were comfortable enough and the air conditioning worked great but the carpeting should be replaced. No robes are provided but disposable bedroom slippers are? Interesting..

In my room (403) I could only get 1 bar or wireless internet or 0 the entire time I was there. Luckily there is a wired option for a laptop computer. That connection was stable but it required a call their tech support each and every day because after renewing the 24 hour internet (and paying the charge) the browser would only redirect to the hotel confirmation page. You are charged $1 for each call so tack that onto the overall price of the internet.

The bathroom tub and shower tiles were worn but the furniture in the room was fine and not in disrepair. The walls did have a lot of marks all over them and could use a fresh coat of paint.

The hotel isn’t near anything great except the Convention Center. The shopping district is close by but not immediately around the hotel. The tram stop is just a few blocks away.

For my next conference here I am just going to book on my own. I feel there are nicer business hotels near by (Intercontinental 2 blocks, etc) that would be the same price or cheaper but are 4-5 stars. I give the Holiday Inn 3 stars.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear TravelinLeather,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you felt welcomed by our staff during your stay and that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds. I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties with the Wi-Fi as we do pride ourselves on looking after our business travellers. Thank you for providing your room number so we can investigate further and fix this issue for future guests.

Hotel Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders? Share your experiences!