“Would not book again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   575 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Get Up to 35% Off
Ranked #67 of 170 hotels in Melbourne
Zurich, Switzerland
“Would not book again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I booked a suite because no other rooms available. The room was smelly and felt like not properly cleaned. The sofa in the living room was broken and not useable.

Worst of all you are charged 1.5% if you pay by credit card!!!

Never again.

• Stayed November 2013
Holiday Inn M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Oooo1,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had a less than perfect stay at our hotel. Please be assured that your concerns regarding the cleanliness of the room and the sofa have been passed on to our Housekeeping Manger for further investigation. Unfortunately, all credit card payments incur a 1.5% surcharge as a standard across our industry. This fee can be avoided should a payment be settled by either debit or cash.

Kind Regards,

489 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because my company booked a block of rooms here since it was in walking distance to the Melbourne Exhibition Center/Conference Center. The rates were very high and higher than other hotels nearby. The staff were very friendly and welcoming but the hotel isn’t that great for business travelers and not worth the rates being charged when a convention is in at the convention center.

The beds were comfortable enough and the air conditioning worked great but the carpeting should be replaced. No robes are provided but disposable bedroom slippers are? Interesting..

In my room (403) I could only get 1 bar or wireless internet or 0 the entire time I was there. Luckily there is a wired option for a laptop computer. That connection was stable but it required a call their tech support each and every day because after renewing the 24 hour internet (and paying the charge) the browser would only redirect to the hotel confirmation page. You are charged $1 for each call so tack that onto the overall price of the internet.

The bathroom tub and shower tiles were worn but the furniture in the room was fine and not in disrepair. The walls did have a lot of marks all over them and could use a fresh coat of paint.

The hotel isn’t near anything great except the Convention Center. The shopping district is close by but not immediately around the hotel. The tram stop is just a few blocks away.

For my next conference here I am just going to book on my own. I feel there are nicer business hotels near by (Intercontinental 2 blocks, etc) that would be the same price or cheaper but are 4-5 stars. I give the Holiday Inn 3 stars.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear TravelinLeather,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you felt welcomed by our staff during your stay and that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds. I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties with the Wi-Fi as we do pride ourselves on looking after our business travellers. Thank you for providing your room number so we can investigate further and fix this issue for future guests.

Kind Regards,
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed here for the 6th time for business meeting. Good location, just 10 mins walk to Crown Casino with heaps of food to choose from in their food court. Convenience store just around the corner. For those who need parking, street parking alongside the hotel is free from 7pm-7:3am. Good service, quiet rooms. A few Japanese and Fast food restaurant nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear MichaelhkHongKong,
Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoy returning to stay with us. We are glad that you find the location convenient for your travel needs and that our level of service made for a pleasurable stay. It is great to hear you found our rooms quiet, ensuring a great night’s sleep during your stay.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was my 3rd enjoyable stay over a 2 year period for business, and the hotel meets all my needs. Check-in is super quick and efficient, valet parking is also rapid with the car delivery. The wi-fi works well with corporate VPN systems, and the breakfast and bar area provide a good choice with friendly and attentive service.
The rooms are OK, with fresh towels and linen etc, but are a little tired compared to some of the newer establishments; I think this most shows with the carpets, - which especially in the 3 elevators need replacing, or at least a deep cleaning. Irrespective, a well-run hotel with caring staff, - I will return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn M, Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Turbodunc

Thank you for your review on our hotel. It is nice to hear from a returning guest. We aim to do all of the basics well here, an efficient check in and valet, good Wi-Fi and good offerings in our restaurant and bar, along with great personable service. I appreciate your feedback regarding the carpets and elevators, this is an area that we are working on, and you will see improvements in the future. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in November for 2 nights due to attending a conference at the nearby Melbourne Convention Centre. The hotel recognised my IHG platinum status and upgraded me to a very decent suite. The standard of the furnishing is good, the food is good both at breakfast and dinner and I thoroughly enjoyed the visit and would recommend it to anyone who wants a very central location and the predictably good quality of an IHG property.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jonathan H

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders. I am glad you enjoyed your room upgrade and found that our location suited your needs. We recognise the loyalty of our IHG rewards club members and I am glad that we recognised your Platinum status. We are please you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed for 6nights. Wifi in room good. Breakfast was so-so. Staffs are friendly and helpful. On my 3rd night here I cane back at 7:45pm and I found out that my door was ajar.

Checked my belonging, all are there. Checked behind the shower curtain, luckily no one was there. Told the front desk the next day and they said maybe it is the door connection problems. They called the technicians to checked on it immediately. Well I was out so I am not sure if they have done something or not cos there weren't any phone call or letter informing me about what has been solved.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear llahmad

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders. We apologise for issue with your room door, we regard hotel security with the highest importance. Please be assured that we have rectified the issue and apologise for not informing you when this was actioned. We pride ourselves on providing an efficient and consistent level of service and are sorry we have let you done on this occasion. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the hotel again soon.

Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

The hotel is situated in an amazing spot. However it is out dated and in need of a makeover. The price to stay here is almost the same as to stay at the rialto a street up. I will not be back until the hotel has been upgraded. (for the price)
Saying that the rooms were comfortable and a place to stay. Nothing fancy at all. The hotel is also in a great location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHG_Hotel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders.

We are grateful for your feedback and apologise that you found the hotel dated. Our location is great and thank you for making mention in your review also for this. I sincerely hope you thoroughly enjoyed Melbourne and all there is to offer.

Thanks once again.

Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders

Been to Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders? Share your experiences!