Thoroughly enjoyed our 4 night stay, we were in Melbourne for the Monet Exhibition and found the Holiday Inn to be the perfect location for a Melbourne stay particularly if arriving from the Airport on the Skybus or to Great Southern Station, it’s such an easy 5 minute walk to the Hotel
The hotel was very comfortable, good 4 star standard but the staff are the standout – we were just so impressed with the friendliness of so many of the hotel staff.
From check-in where we were quickly allocated our rooms by friendly efficient staff, and extending right through to the bar and restaurant, the same friendliness prevailed, such a bonus and made it just a pleasure to return to our hotel each day.
The breakfast menu is top class, love the fresh fruit and juices supplied by Holidays Inns and HI Flinders Lane is right up there for breakfast quality – an impressive egg station with specials of the day and the Eggs Benedict on one day just pipped the superb omelette I ordered another day. I Iove making my own juices and there was an ample supply of fruit and vegetables available to do this. Breakfast staff including Mel, Lola and John (hope I have the names correct) were as a friendly and helpful as one could ever find, just a pleasure to be greeted by them each day.
Used the restaurant for our nightly meals and found the meals to be of a high standard with specials on each day, some specials including a glass of wine. Our favourite was the Grilled lamb on salad but the lamb shanks were really good. Only one glitch with a venison meal but staff handled this well with a replacement meal and no pressure, I have to thank Laura for looking after us so well each night, another gem to add to the list of great staff at this hotel.
Our room located on a higher floor as requested had floor to ceiling windows, was very comfortable and overlooked Swanston Street with the Grand Hotel opposite, plenty of traffic but noise not a problem. The bathroom quite small but did its job, the bed okay but not quite as comfortable as I would have liked so not sure if new mattresses are on the drawing board. The only thing that really needs attention was one of the lifts must have been the service lift and did get grotty at times plus one of the other lifts seemed a little jumpy at times but just something perhaps to be checked out
Despite those minor points we loved our stay and will be looking forward to returning here next year, just so appreciate a Hotel that has such exceptional staff and must congratulate the management on a job well done on customer service.
Some handy hints and for ease of travel, the Holiday Inn would take some beating, Trams out the front in Swanston Street, only a few minutes’ walk to Flinders Street and the free trams or numerous trams available to get all around Melbourne. We caught a tram out the front in Swanston Street to take us to St Kilda, the famous outlet Centre DFO South bank is about a 10 minute walk along the River which we did a few times plus the Crown Casino only a short walk. Walk the other way and only 5 minutes to the Great Southern Station and access to all parts of Melbourne or the country trains. Close by plenty of liquor outlets and grocery stores for any supplies but we availed the Hotels happy hour for our nightly drinks.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Melbourne On Flinders Hotel Melbourne
- Holiday Inn Melbourne On Flinders Hotel
- On Flinders Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Melbourne
- Melbourne Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, a truly friendly and personal boutique-style hotel is perfectly located in the financial hub of Melbourne. The ideal base for any business traveller close to the Melbourne Convention Center, Melbourne Exhibition Centre, World Trade Centre and Stock Exchange. The hotel also caters to the needs of any leisure traveller with most of Melbourne's iconic sightseeing spots, art and cultural centres within easy reach, including Etihad Stadium and the Docklands precinct. Southern Cross Railway Station is just a two minute walk away and the International Airport can be reached via direct freeway access in easy 25 minutes.Sirocco Restaurant & Bar offer a rich hot & cold buffet breakfast and market fresh specialties during the day and evening. The cocktail lounge is the perfect place to meet, relax and enjoy. Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders hosts three meeting rooms, three board rooms and all required business facilities. For leisure your the hotel offers a heated outdoor pool, mini gym and sauna. Holiday Inn Melbourne On Flinders is a 100% smoke free property and won the prestigious 2007 Australian Hotels Australian (AHA) Awards for Excellence in Best Environmental Initiative of all hotels Australia-wide. The hotel is recognized for its friendly and courteous service and enjoys a great share of regular return customers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.