Oh Delight of delights, this is one of the few Hotels in the world that I don't think of as a Hotel, but rather a home away from home, its always with great pleasure I return. I have stayed here over fifteen times in the last 8 years and I have never had an issue, the Holiday Inn Hotel on flinders, has one very key element, very good management, and fantastic staff. Amanda a national award winning service Star makes you feel like you've just arrived somewhere special, and she has rubbed this infectious service greatness off on all the front office staff, you will find all the staff very friendly and helpful. The guys at the desk are polite very helpful and know everything you would want to know and if they didn't, nothing is to much trouble, they would find out. The Valet parking made it easy to check in and go straight to your room.
What lovely rooms they are, ok not every room is Brilliant but its home, the bed is cosy, the airco keeps a lovely ambient temperature, theres the pillow menu to select your Favourite type pillow,and the rooms are very clean and well kept as house keeping must also be controlled by Amanda., kidding but this section of the hotel too is a fine running all service area, with the rooms made up brilliantly everyday. The curtains in the room are truely block out, so a sleep in is possible. The room service is great, with a healthy to naughty selection of food delivered quickly, effectively and hot. The Breakfast is a Buffet and a large selection all very tasty and tempting. And if your lucky enough to be a Priority Club Platinum member you'll be up graded to a suite or larger room on the upper levels and a complimentary newspaper delivered to your door each morning.
The Hotel is an easy walking distance to lots of attractions. A few minutes to the Southern Cross Station and the Skybus. Its a hope skip and a jump to the Crown Casino, the Aquarium and the immigration museum. Ten to fifteen minutes easy stroll to the heart of the city the shopping district and newly revamped Myer centre and Flinders street station and Federation Square. Just around the corner from the hotel you can jump on the city circle tram that will take you right around the city. I can't stress enough how good the service is at this Holiday Inn, the staff are happy, polite and willing to do anything to help I just email the desk I'm coming and they organise a limo driver to pick me up from my flight, its a for fee service but its never failed. I love the Holiday Inn on Flinders lane. All in all another very good stay and I would highly recommend.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Melbourne On Flinders Hotel Melbourne
- Holiday Inn Melbourne On Flinders Hotel
- On Flinders Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Melbourne
- Melbourne Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, a truly friendly and personal boutique-style hotel is perfectly located in the financial hub of Melbourne. The ideal base for any business traveller close to the Melbourne Convention Center, Melbourne Exhibition Centre, World Trade Centre and Stock Exchange. The hotel also caters to the needs of any leisure traveller with most of Melbourne's iconic sightseeing spots, art and cultural centres within easy reach, including Etihad Stadium and the Docklands precinct. Southern Cross Railway Station is just a two minute walk away and the International Airport can be reached via direct freeway access in easy 25 minutes.Sirocco Restaurant & Bar offer a rich hot & cold buffet breakfast and market fresh specialties during the day and evening. The cocktail lounge is the perfect place to meet, relax and enjoy. Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders hosts three meeting rooms, three board rooms and all required business facilities. For leisure your the hotel offers a heated outdoor pool, mini gym and sauna. Holiday Inn Melbourne On Flinders is a 100% smoke free property and won the prestigious 2007 Australian Hotels Australian (AHA) Awards for Excellence in Best Environmental Initiative of all hotels Australia-wide. The hotel is recognized for its friendly and courteous service and enjoys a great share of regular return customers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.