“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

A delightful and lively place that serves traditional Italian food with style and flair. The staff always make you feel like friends rather than customers.

Visited March 2014

94% Recommend
Melbourne, Australia
“Well worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Lunch here on a Friday is full of regular guests. The atmosphere is vibrant, the service excellent and 'front of house' welcoming you as a long lost friend. It's busy and bustling. The food is simple and really well prepared. The wine list is good and supports the menu really well

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“My favourite restaurant in Melbourne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

A couple of years ago when visiting Melbourne my husband and I discovered Lupino, tucked away near one of the main areas for restaurants, but not quite in it. Indeed, one could walk past and not notice Lupino, except for the lovely aromas seeping out. Now we go there whenever we're in Melbourne, usually more than once and have taken friends there on several occasions. We've never been disappointed.

The food selections, variety and quality are outstanding - a relatively small menu, but it changes with the seasons and there is always something for everyone. I had a fantastic veal dish on Friday night and, tonight (Sunday) I plan to go back and have it again before I leave town. When I took my vegetarian friend there, she had several choices available. When I feel like a pizza, Lupin is also the place to go - but not if you're looking for an 'Aussie' or a 'Hawaiian'. Lupino's pizzas are luscious and different. Try, for example, their gorgonzola and leak pizza. (One word of warning on the pizzas: they're big. Share one between two or plan on a doggie bag.) There is a good wine list with a number of interesting and not run-of-the-mill selections, with a reasonable range of wines available by the glass. The wine pricing is fair.

Service is excellent. Staff are well trained and we've not noticed much staff turnover, so I can only imagine that's its a good place to work too, which is a mark in its favour.

After all these rave remarks, the thing that I really, really like about Lupino is that they take relatively late bookings - up to about 9:45 and possibly later. When I've flown into Melbourne early too mid-evening, it's great to find a really good restaurant that doesn't turn me away because they want to close their kitchen.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Queenscliff, Australia
“A Great Discovery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were staying at the Windsor which is just around the corner and someone recommended it to us. We walked passed it at first because I dont believe there is any signage but dont let this put you off.
We arrived with no booking and every table was full at 6.30. We were seated at the bar to order a drink and before it arrived tehy had a table ready for us.
The food was delicious and a great choice on the menu. Couldnt fault it and so glad we found it.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orpington
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to this restaurant twice during our stay In Melbourne. We saw it was recommended by Trip Advisor and were not at all disappointed. We were impressed by the variety of dishes that we have not normally found outside Italy. Each of the dishes was well presented and tasty. The staff were attentive, friendly and helpful. The dining experience was excellent and although not cheap was good value for money. For 3 courses plus olives to start, with a good bottle of Chianti and tip, it was 90 Australian dollars per head - but well worth it. If we were in Melbourne for longer we would certainly go again.

Visited March 2014