“Top Business Lunch Spot” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Melbourne, Australia
“Top Business Lunch Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic menu with new ways of presenting and cooking great food. Not your run of the mill food selection but some thing there for everyone. Not to cramped and able to have a free conversation without having to talk over the table next to us. Service was a highlight with all staff some of the best I have come across in Melbourne. I will be back with my wife for dinner.

Visited June 2013

86% Recommend
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Very nice food, interesting menu but very nice all the same. Good atmosphere. Service was very good too. Didn't put a foot wrong.

Visited June 2013
Adelaide
“What a funky place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The food was great, quite a different menu from the same old same old in other places. The interior of the restaurant was amazing.

Visited April 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Consistently good and continues to amaze”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Once again (I've been here about 6 times in last 2 years) H&G serves up delicious, creative meals made even more enjoyable by excellent staff. Tonight the place was packed! Huge tables of 12, 15, 20 +, a few tables of couples and our table of 4 work mates. Not a spare seat in sight. No one had to wait, staff were attentive to drink needs - I haven't seen this type of precision and service since the old days of Dennis' Catering (Google that!). Our table thoroughly enjoyed a mix of mains from both the specials' list and the usual menu - fish and chips, tick; pea risotto, tick; salmon fillet, tick, rib eye steak, tick; beetroot salad, tick. Our final 4th person arrived 30 mins after we sat down but the staff worked with the kitchen and got her a drink and took her order so that we all ate mains together without any wait. Fabulous - thank you H&G and Natalie especially.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Perfect in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We met some friends here for dinner last night and I'm pleased to say this restaurant exceeded my expectations. We have been here for drinks before but couldn't get a table as it was fully booked - always a good sign - so I have been meaning to get to the restaurant for a while.

The first thing you notice is the atmosphere. So important to have a warmth when you enter a restaurant and this one exudes warmth. There is a fire going in the bar and the branches hanging from the ceiling give it an earthy feeling. I asked the waitress who Grace was and apparently the owner liked the expression 'Airs & Graces' and decided to just go with a play on words - there is no Hare and there is no Grace. But you can see what the owner was thinking and what a catchy name it is.

We all had a delicious starter but the two that really stood out were the baked eel (done in it's own ashes) and the shitake mushrooms with poached egg. The additional, subtle but delicious ingredients that are added into their dishes are spectacular and can transform a good dish into an absolutely amazing one! I was, quite frankly, blown away! The main course winner was a hearty stew on the special menu - not your everyday hotpot stew at all! Very elegant and rich with a lovely potato mash. I had pork belly, a surprising combination including coffee and jam - what a winner!

Desserts were fabulous. I don't usually eat dessert but I had to try everyone else's as they looked amazing. Presentation is outstanding. The soft lemon tart which was actually held together with white chocolate rather than a biscuit base was to die for! Wow! And the creme brulee was a real one - how exciting is that!?

You get my excitment about this restaurant - I loved it. I love the experimentation of foods and I love the atmosphere. I will definitely be going back here. I suggest you finish off with a good single malt whiskey digestive to cut through the richness as you will find you can't help but eat a little too much!

• Visited May 2013