“For that special lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
australia
“For that special lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My daughter surprise me by taking me to this lovely restaurant for a wonderful lunch. They have a fixed price 2 course lunch with a glass of wine for $35.00 each. I had pork terrine for an entree and smoked salmon for my main and a nice dry white wine, we could not manage sweets and they had some wonderful combinations of luscious sweets with fruit. They open at 11.30 am so I'm going back for coffee and to try one of there amazing sweets.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, Australia
“Worth it to get out of the city for!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

From the street, the restaurant looks small and it is but well done for them for not squeezing in too many tables. This is the first thing I noticed when we walked in and it's decor is really quaint & loved the wine shelves.

We had the Tripes & Lobster Prawn Ravioli for entrées and duck & pork for our mains. Can't find any fault in the food. Plenty to eat. We ordered a couple of sides too and initially I thought that $11 for sautéed spinach was a bit steep BUT I take my words back after taking the first taste. It was the best spinach I ever had in a restaurant. It's full of flavour & the most amazing thing is that we didn't get that gritty feeling on our teeth which we always get from eating spinach.
Will definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends & will definitely go back again the next time we are in Melbourne.

Diners have space between each other as they don't pack it up with tables
It's not a very big restaurant but they don't cramp in lots of tables. Both waiters were very friendly.

Jacky F, Owner at A La Bouffe, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for your review, we are not that small, the room upstairs seat 50+ and we use it at least 5 days per week
On weekend we do 2 sitting, sometime 3, the must we have done is 181 people in one night by turning the tables over.
“they have kangaroo loin steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

wow, first time having kangaroo, kind of controversial meet since its their national animal and its so cute. It was like eating bambi. The service was great, the staff is very nice.

Sydney, Australia
“Exceptional - I'll definitely be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

A La Bouffe delivers quintessential French food that is full of flavour, in a classy atmosphere with excellent service.

I had the Onion Soup to start, duck for my main, and an 'Ile Flottante' to finish. To me, duck is one of those dishes that shows the true skill of a chef and mine was flawless.

Each of these dishes was beautifully presented and really delicious - well up to the standard you would expect of a good French restaurant.

I enjoyed a gin and tonic, though the restaurant has a reasonable wine list and serves a nice espresso.

Well done to the whole team at A La Bouffe - this is definitely my new favourite French restaurant in Melbourne and I'll certainly come back with friends and colleagues (it would be a great place for a good business meal or for a romantic night out too).

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Warm & Cosy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We were warmly welcomed to this restaurant by friendly wait staff who were attentive to us. We enjoyed our escargot entrees, the light but tasty mains, and were pleasantly surprised with our desserts. We would visit again to try other items on the menu