“Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Cocktail bar.
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Beautiful bar, really nice cocktails and the service is incredible. They knew everything about the place & menu, back to front, and were extremely accommodating if we had questions. Admittedly, it was a Sunday night so it was a little more quiet for them, but still lovely.

Visited January 2013

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Cozy, homey, dim, romantic... Though we weren't on a date this would be a perfect place for an intimate rendezvous or just a catch up with friends. I wish I lived in Melbourne so I could come here more often!!!

Visited January 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

This place = Amazballs.
A warm, cosy, and perfectly lit venue full of charm. There was ample space and the music wasn't too loud so you didn't have to yell in the ears of your friends.
The service was the best I've ever experienced. Our waiter had a vast knowledge of the extensive selection of cocktails, had the time to explain some of the ingredients used and the flavours, which in the end, we left the decisions up to him.
All of the staff were well dressed and happy to be there, and a round of applause for the coordination they have to carry trays full of tricky glassware up and down narrow stairs! I'd fall flat on my face within this first minute.
Will definitely go back to 1806 time and time again!
Keep up the good work.

Visited April 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Quirky Cocktail Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We litterally walked past the entrance, stopped, walked back and decided to have a look. What a surprise! We were greeted by a host who said they were busy and he could see if he could find us a table. We almost walked off thinking we couldn't be bothered to wait and then said we would be happy to sit at bar. So glad we stayed. What a quirky and exciting bar. Great cocktail list, real cocktail staff with great style and knowledge. Drinks did seem a bit on small side. We asked if they could make something "different" and they said we should go downstairs to the "Understudy". Again so glad we did as there was a fantastic lad from UK who made us some sensational cocktails. Loved the Scottish Manager too! Great if your looking for something different amd even a bit decadent.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rosebery NT
“This is a lovely bohemian cocktail bar the cocktails are amazing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I went here with my bf on my first ever trip to Melbourne, it was across the road from my hotel. I don't know why i went in but i did ha ha i was pleasantly surprised. The service is great and watching the bartenders is like watching magic, cocktails are an art to these bartenders. Great bohemian feel. Try their Japanese slipper it's to die for. They also do food but i didn't try any. A very sexy romantic place indeed. Downside is the cocktails are extremely expensive at about $20 each. Have 1 or 2 and move on.

• Visited October 2012