“Ooh La La” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Newcastle
“Ooh La La”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

So, so French. The décor allows you to feel that you are actually in a patisserie in Paris. From the crunchy baguettes to the delicious melt in the mouth cakes & pastries, everything here is so tasty.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Adelaide, Australia
“A Little Touch of Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We enjoyed three visits to Laurent - reminded me of some Paris cafes - a must for coffee and cake but also for lunch. Lovely, friendly staff, very pleasant ambience and very popular too. A fabulous range of mouth-watering cakes makes it difficult to choose just one! One visit is just not enough!

Visited August 2013
Townsville, Australia
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I visit Melbourne a couple of times a year and Laurent is a must do evertime I go.
Best cakes ever, quick service, lovely pleasant staff.
This to me is the essence of a Melbourne cafe down a laneway.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cairns, Australia
“Great pastry and bakery...bit over price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Macaroon, croissant, bread...they are all great. Amazing staff they have. The coffee was great too, I loved it. However it is bit over price. Is that because of Melbourne? I found there it expensive. But the quality of products are amazing so can't complain...

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely cakes but .......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I love Laurents, the one in Doncaster is small and intimate has a good feel to it. The one on Little Collins is spread across two floors, has a bit of a canteen feel to it, it is in an old building which I love but feels very cheap the way it has been decorated. We ordered as most would downstairs at the counter but that level was almost full and with needing the bathroom we went upstairs to sit to where the bathrooms are located.

As soon as we got upstairs we were barked at from behind the counter that if we paid downstairs we should have let someone know we had headed upstairs. I explained it was full downstairs and I would guess she may have a few other people doing the same thing plus i needed the bathroom, I don't think they were very impressed. The coffee was so cold my husband downed it in one and was very disappointing. The food though which was a bacon and egg roll and I had a cake (castel) were as good as always, they are always good about you sharing and always cut food in half so you can share.

Would I recommend Laurent - always, would I recommend Little Collins Place - never!

• Visited June 2013