“Location, quiet, clean and very cool!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra St Kilda Road

You added Mantra St Kilda Road to your Saves list
Mantra St Kilda Road
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   568 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia (Formerly Mint Melbourne St Kilda Rd)   |
Ranked #52 of 173 Hotels in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newcastle, Australia
“Location, quiet, clean and very cool!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

My partner and I stayed for two nights when we visited Melbourne for the tutankhamun exhibition and we loved it. The decor is totally us, chesterfield style couches and head boards in a uber modern style with black and white photography and super cool sculptures. The room was clean and tidy with a little kitchenette which was great, we didn't use it but now that we know it's there we'll definitely stay there again. There's a tram line right out front on St kilda road and chapel St shopping strip in a 10min walk away so we felt super centrally located between St kilda and the CBD, each being a 5min cab ride away. We will most definitely stay there again, the price per night was fabulous when u consider the hotels location and modern facilities, we were stoked with our choice to stat at the mint rhapsody!!

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Priors Hardwick, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

I booked a one bedroom apartment, but once I'd seen it changed down to a reasonably well fitted bedroom. The apartment was very gloomy, and on the side of the building looking out to an office block! Should succeed, reception was good and acted when requested. I had to ask for my room to be cleaned twice before I had an acceptable result. Simply making the bed was not what I considered room service!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking St Kilda Rd
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

I received a call the day prior to my arrival to say there was some drama with the floor i was on so they organised another hotel for me. When i arrived i was pleasantly surprised by the room. It seemed to be based on The Olsen / Blackman rooms. Quite stylish and pretty good quality. I was also given a free nights voucher for the messing around with the missed night. I will come back especially if the prices stay around the same mark (approx $120 pn)

Room Tip: don't take 217 as you can hear the noise of the car park door
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

very happy with my stay at this hotel. the place was nearly brand new. my room on 6th floor was very clean, and surprisingly quite (it was located at the front, on St Kilda road). bed was extremely comfortable and big. bathroom very adequate & Clean. nice big towels. quality fitting and finishes throughout, nice curtains / linen etc. big car parking spaces downstairs, with direct access from carpark to each floor. only negative is that it's located "a bit" out of town, however if you dont need to be in the heart of the city, this place is perfect. very friendly staff. i'd stay here again. thanks.

Room Tip: high floor may reduce road/traffic noise.
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Stayed here for two nights in a small studio room. The room had a small kitchen area, table and two chairs and one large chair. The TV was of a good size.The bed very comfortable. We stayed towards the back of the complex on the third floor and it was very quiet As expected everything was new and fresh. A section of the ceiling is raw concrete, I was informed that it was designed like this because they are a "green" hotel. It does spoils the room and gives it an unfinished look. When we returned to our room afer being out from 9 am we found our room had not been serviced. They arrived after 5 pm which was unacceptable. There is no restaurant but you can order a breakfast pack, or food to be delivered. The reception staff although efficient with check in/out ignored you at all other times. The complex is on a main tram route, about 20 minutes to the city. For the price we paid it was very good value for money and apart from housekeeping I have no complaints and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised with the Mint Rhapsody Hotel. The name sounded a bit dodgy but the hotel was a good find. Well appointed room with seperate bedroom and a useable small kitchen with dishwasher. Comfortable bed. The decoration is not to my taste but it's ok. The concrete ceiling must have looked ok on the designers pallet but hasn't turned out so well. Reception staff need to be a little more welcoming. Overall a good hotel and would definitely stay again

• Stayed November 2011
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I had previously stayed at the Mint a few weeks after it opened. I was very pleased to find a hotel that was new, well priced and in a location close to my work. I had planned to make it my regular stop for my monthly trips to Melbourne.

However the day before my trip I got a phone call from the hotel saying there was a problem with a floor of the hotel and the developer had to come and do “core drilling” as a result they had to re-located a whole floor to another hotel. They booked me into a hotel in Tullamarine next to the airport, which is over 30km from where I work defeating the whole point of staying at the Mint in the first place. I was disappointed to say the least especially as they did not even offer anything other than a hollow apology.

I refused the transfer and decided to try and find somewhere closer. In fact there were no other hotels close by with availability because of the Golf and the only option was to pay over $800 per night for a basic room at a motel or book into a Youth hostel (which I did).

With rooms in Melbourne fetching $800 per night I suspect there was no “core drilling” but the Mint decided to cash in. If not it sounds like there are serious structural issues with the hotel and I would not be in a hurry to stay there again.

Looks like I’ll find another hotel for my regular business trips.

Bad move Mint.

Room Tip: Don't, the hotel could fall down on you or your will get kicked out for someone who can pay more...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Mantra St Kilda Road? Share your experiences!