“A Sports Tragic dream” 5 of 5 stars

Visit like an insider
$92*
and up
More attraction details
Owner description: Melbourne Sports Tours offers an in-depth knowledge of Melbourne and it's sporting culture by means of personal, guided tours.
Sydney, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“A Sports Tragic dream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Leave the traffic and organisation to Simon, sit back and enjoy the ride. Informative and quite passionate about his job, a lot of background detail is provided as you travel around the many venues Melbourne has to offer. The company is happy to tailor the tours, where possible, to meet the needs and wishes of their clients. A diverse and enjoyable trip!

Visited September 2013

Horsham, Victoria, Australia
“Great Insight of the Melbourne Sporting Meccas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Absolute great day out, Flemington was good, the MCG tour was sensational, we then did a lap of Albert Park and Eithad stadium for lunch. Wasn't a bad way to finish off the tour and a Friday with a trip to the Carlton and United Brewery, even though not a lot happening there due to maintenance the samples made up for it. Our tour guide Simon was a great bloke, very friendly, interacted well and gave us a great insight into the tour and sport.(also barracks for a great team). Just not sure of Simon fancy dress for that night at the darts hahaha.
Great value for money and could recommend to anyone.
Grant - Horsham (Country Victoria)

Visited August 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Simon, Your a champ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We went on the Ultimate Sports tour which included Flemington, MCG, Rod Laver Arena and Etihad Stadium lunch. It is great value and a must do If you have a day spare. Price is great for the value that's goes in. Simon was our guide. He is a champ. Very knowledgable and friendly. Will have a laugh and join the debates on footies big issues in the car trips. Would do again.

Visited August 2013
MelbourneSportsTours, Front Office Manager at Melbourne Sports Tours, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. The Ultimate Sports Lovers Tour is certainly a great way to get behind the scenes of all things sport in Melbourne and Simon certainly is a wealth of sports knowledge and stats!

We really appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again.

Cheers
Gisborne, Australia
13 attraction reviews
“Great Personalised Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had a great tour with Simon in March this year. We were the only couple as others booked on the tour could not make it on the day. (A Tuesday) We visited Flemington Racecourse which was magic. Perfect day, looked a picture with all the roses still out and the place virtually to ourselves. My husband was very excited to be able to walk out onto the track at the finishing post. We stopped by Arden Street, North Melbourne and saw the team training.

Lunch at Etihad Stadium, which was included, was very nice. We sat in the dining room overlooking the ground. Lovely setting, and the food was really good. We also drove around the sporting precinct of Melbourne taking in Rod Laver Arena, Aami Park, Goshes Paddock and finishing at The G where we did the MCG tour.

Simon was very accomodating and happy to pass on his vast knowledge of the places we had seen. He was also happy to adjust the tour as we went to fit in with our interests. Not always possible I guess if there is a bigger group, but I'm sure he would try to tailor the tour as much as possible regardless of numbers. We ended the day at the Aquarium, which was our choice of a number of options given to us at the time of booking.

I must say, our tour was given to us as a gift and we were unable to use it in the timeframe originally stated, but the company was wonderful and twice extended our use-by date for which we were very grateful.

The tour lasted approx 6 hours but went very quickly. Thanks Simon.

Visited March 2013
Evesham, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
“Informative and entertaining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I booked this tour on a recommendation from a friend, my husband was meant to join me but couldn't at the last minute but I decided to continue without him and I'm so glad I did. I had a great day seeing behind the scenes of some of Melbourne's world reknown sporting sites and even learning the secrets of infamous local sites as well. Simon clearly loves sport and his city and it was a joy to see the city through his eyes. He's very approachable and personable and makes sure to get to know you in order to point out things of personal interest. I took the MCG tour which was very insightful, it's amazing how many great events have taken place there! Lunch at Etihad Stadium was very good and I had a great day on a tour I'd thought would be more my husbands cup of tea than my own!

Visited January 2013
MelbourneSportsTours, Front Office Manager at Melbourne Sports Tours, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so pleased that you had a great day. Next time you visit, we would love to meet your husband too!

Cheers