“Great location,quality fit out,good value” 4 of 5 stars

Melbourne Short Stay Apartments at SouthbankOne
180 City Road | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia (Southbank)   |
Ranked #10 of 114 Specialty lodging in Melbourne
Adelaide, Australia
“Great location,quality fit out,good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We spent 5 nights in this Apartment complex over the New Year period and were very happy with all aspects.
Location. Great. 5 minutes from Crown Casino and the Southbank area. 10 minute walk to the city.Supermarket located on the ground floor !
Apartment fit out. Great.Quality fit out,all the needs for a family. We had 4 adults and all were more than happy with the size of the units and the quality.
Great security.Personalised check in was good as well.
Parking is available for $16.50 a day which is reasonable.
Issues :Internet for $9.50 a day is a bit steep and is patchy at times.

Would stay here again without hesitation as its location,quality and value for money are great.

Room Tip: Go as high as possible…great views
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne04, General Manager at Melbourne Short Stay Apartments at SouthbankOne, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear djhallett,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent stay with us. It's great to hear from our guests because it helps us ensure that we continue to deliver an outstanding guest experience.

It is with great pleasure that I read your review! We work hard to present our apartments to a standard where you can walk in the door and make yourself right at home. I'm very happy to see that you found your apartment to be well appointed and that our central Southbank location was convenient to Crown Melbourne and the river promenade.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to our beautiful city. Thanks once again for taking the time to share your experience with Melbourne Short Stay Apartments.

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Fantastic location right behind the Crown Casino Complex. Walking distance to all of Melbourne's attractions. This apartment had all the requirements to suit our family of four, it was clean and extremely comfortable. My children are aged 14 and 11, and they did enjoy the pool after some long days out & about. We spent 10 days in Melbourne from the 23rd Dec to the 2 Jan 2014. The small supermarket next door made it extremely convenient for shopping each day for consumables. I would recommend these apartments and will be using them again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rhino500,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay with us at SouthbankONE in December. We love to hear from our guests as it helps us continue to deliver an outstanding guest experience.

I'm thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be so convenient. I'm sure the pool provided some much-needed relief after a day out with the warm weather we experienced over Christmas!

Again, thank you for providing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Melbourne Short Stay Apartments on your next trip to our beautiful city.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed at Southbank One for 4 nights with 2 of my friends just for a girls weekend away. We are all aged in our mid twenties so we wanted to stay somewhere that was nice, clean, safe, spacious, and located close to shops and dining. This was all of those things.

Prior to arriving I had contacted the hotel and spoke with a very helpful woman who was able to confirm my requirements of additional towels and 2 double beds. She was so helpful that she was able to secure an apartment will all my needs plus more!!
Having worked in customer service I found her so hopefully that when I contacted the hotel I had mentioned how great her service was prior to arriving.

The location of the apartments were fantastic, we walked everywhere... from Southbank to the CBD. At night we would walk back to the hotel (usually before midnight) however due to the location being close to the Crown and at an intersection we found it safe as there were always people around. For 3 women this was important, we wanted to feel safe and we did here.

The other factor which was different was that the building also has residents living in the building, this wasn't an issue and again felt safe the entire time.

We were located on the 19th floor with views towards the MCG and Southbank, despite the construction around the apartments and the traffic below we didn't hear anything and I am a light sleeper when away.

I have stayed in a lot of different hotels in Melbourne in the past and apartments and found this one of the best. Despite not being a services apartment, all creature comforts were there, and would be perfect for a family.

One of the girls that was with us made use of the gym. The pool was nice as was the outdoor area. We didn't utilise this but did go down and have look.

I would stay there again and recommend and hope they have the same experience we had.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Lisa V,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us at SouthbankONE. We love to hear from our guests as it helps us continue to deliver an outstanding guest experience.

I am thrilled to hear that you experienced the high standard of customer service that we pride ourselves on. We do our very best to ensure that each of our guests' expectations are exceeded and I am proud to see that yours certainly were! I will pass your compliments on to the team with great pleasure!

It's fantastic to read that you found your apartment suited your needs and that you and your friends were able to get out and experience Melbourne's dining and shopping culture.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Melbourne Short Stay Apartments. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit.

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

So relaxing to be in a spacious well-appointed apartment with long views towards the Yarra. We came for the Ring Opera and could walk to the Arts Centre and nearby galleries and museums.
Having the little supermarket next door meant shopping was quickly done with no time wasted. I met some of the Staff and found them helpful, friendly/courteous and efficient. I wouldn't say it's the quietest place to stay; after all, it's in the City and there is inevitable low traffic noise. Also - when I was there - noise from building machinery nearby. Both were irrelevant compared to the benefit of the lovely spaces and the convenience to all the places we visited. The CD player, Radio, DVD and TV were first class and much used by us. Highly recommended

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ann G,

Thank you for providing your glowing five star review following your stay with us in December, it was our absolute pleasure to welcome you to our SouthbankONE property! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback as it helps us ensure we consistently deliver an outstanding guest experience.

I am pleased to read that you rated your stay with us so highly! It's great to hear that you considered your apartment to be well appointed and conveniently located to Southbank's Arts precinct. I am thrilled to hear that you found our team to be helpful, friendly and efficient. Providing our guests with a high level of customer service is of utmost importance to us. I will pass your compliments on to the team with great pleasure!

Thank you once again for your glowing review and we can't wait to welcome you back to Melbourne Short Stay Apartments on your return trip.

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at the SouthbankOne short stay apartments for over a week. The apartment was clean and the facilities were exactly what we wanted. We were in walking distance to all the places we were visiting. We were in Melbourne for the Opera and could walk each evening to the Arts Centre. I would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne04, General Manager at Melbourne Short Stay Apartments at SouthbankOne, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear JojoB2014,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay with us at SouthbankONE in November. We love to hear from our guests as it helps us to continue to deliver an outstanding experience.

I'm thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our location suited you perfectly to attend the Opera at the Arts Centre Melbourne.

Launceston, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Fabulous apartment with great views....light, bright and sunny....close to SouthBank with all its great restaurants.....loved the lap pool.....quiet..... friendly, helpful staff....will definately be my choice of accommodation when next in Melbourne....

Room Tip: A view of the Bay is great...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne04, General Manager at Melbourne Short Stay Apartments at SouthbankOne, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear suziw60,

Wow! Thank you for providing such a glowing five star review following your stay with us this November, it was our absolute pleasure to welcome you to SouthbankONE! We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback as it helps us to continue to deliver an outstanding guest experience.

I am thrilled to read that you rated your stay with us so highly! It's great to hear that you found the location convenient and that you were able to enjoy the fantastic dining options along Southbank's promenade. I am very happy to see that your apartment suited your needs and that you found our team to be helpful.

Thank you once again for your glowing review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Melbourne Short Stay Apartments when you’re next in town.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I was in Melbourne for an Expo at the Convention Centre. Shortstay was in easy walking distance and had everything I needed in the room. It was quiet and well appointed. The staff were attentive and helpful. I'll stay there again.

Room Tip: I had a double room facing Southbank and it was good value.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne04, Manager at Melbourne Short Stay Apartments at SouthbankOne, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear 664Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay with us at SouthbankOne this November. We love to hear from our guests as it helps us to continue to deliver an outstanding guest experience.

I'm thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and found your apartment well equipped and conveniently located to the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.

Marcus Maillet
Operations Manager

Been to Melbourne Short Stay Apartments at SouthbankOne? Share your experiences!