“Hmmm” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Atlantic

The Atlantic
Tenency 18 &19, Crown Entertainment Complex | 8 Whiteman Street Southbank 3006, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia (Southbank)
03 9698 8888
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Southbank
“Hmmm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Tucked into a tiny area under the stairs to the toilet it seemed a little remote. Entrees were deep fried soft shell crab and a rather large serve and a tasting of yellow fin tuna. Tartare was bland and placed on a V large plate with a 24 centimeter piece of sinuous peppered tuna. I struggled to cut through it. On the plate was a bunch of rocket placed seemingly to fill the plate.
Mains were barramundi and confirm salmon. Both very well cooked. The barramundi steered away from the ubiquitous crispy skin and was presented gooey and gelatinous. The confirmation salmon was under seasoned apart from the broth underneath. The tiny pieces of chorizo were the star.
The waiter once the check was brought to the table asked for a signature and tip to be added to the bill before bringing the eftpos machine where he once again asked me to enter a tip amount. After a bottle of one of the cheaper champagnes and a bill of over $400 we didn't feel the service or meal rated a tip. We were a little perturbed by the two times a tip was casually suggested.
Would I go again. No. Would I recommend it. No. Despite it being in the top 100 of gourmet traveller I personally don't feel it lived up to the score. Maybe it was an off night. Oh and if your order the shared platter at 105 pop you get 4 mussels, 4 prawns, 4 scallops, some snow crab legs and a moreton bay bug. See how you go with your own experience.

Melbourne, Australia
“Good food, average service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Food was great, fish cooked perfectly and flavoursome.
Service was overly professional - none of that chit chat business. Glasses weren't topped up until asked for.

Visited August 2014
Gourock, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, service and ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

If you like fish you won't be disappointed! Beautiful restaurant with views of the river walk, the service was excellent. It may seem a bit expensive, but the quality and quantity is first class. I don't like massive meals so we just ordered a main course with a side of veg which was more than enough. Would definitely return again!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Good quality but not in love with this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant has great food and service, and I have enjoyed it every time. However personally the menu does not grab me (normally I struggle to pick between 3 entrees and 3 mains). My husband and I probably wouldn't come here on our own, we come because my parents love this place for its extensive seafood and fish menu. Having said that, the confit salmon is truly amazing. This restaurant is very family friendly.

Visited May 2014
“Excellent menu and service, for a price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The Atlantic is a lovely restaurant with excellent service. Great sea-food and overall great atmosphere. With all of this, there is a premium that you pay on your bill so expect a good night out to cost a bit more. Is it worth it, perhaps depending on the experience you're after. I can say that I've not had a bad meal there, and I've always had great service.

Visited June 2014