“Experience the Yarra Valley in comfort” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 283 Activities in Melbourne
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Yarra Valley Winery Tour - Public. - Start the day with a guided tour of the wine making facilities at the famous Moet & Chandon founded - Domaine Chandon and learn how wine is made. - Enjoy a glass of sparkling or still wine with nibbles.- Then off to Zonzo at Train Trak Vineyard ("Hottest Vineyard Restaurant", 'OUTthere Food and Wine Awards') to sample hand harvested boutique wines and sit back and relax with a lovely two course lunch, glass of wine & tea or coffee overlooking stunning vineyard views. - Experience the historic Yering Station the oldest vineyard in the valley and try some great wines including excellent Cuvee's and awesome desert wines, plus more! Check out their produce store, fantastic architecture and lovely gardens. - Then finish your leisurely day and sniff, swirl and slurp your way through some unique sparkling, red, white and reserve wines at *De Bortoli, a third generation Italian Winery. Plus sample the iconic 'Noble One' Botrytis Semillon, Australia's No.1 desert wine and the decadent and unique 'Black Noble'. They also have a wonderful Tawny & Muscat to taste. *De Bortoli also offer exceptional cheeses to taste from their maturation room. If you wish to sample please pay direct to De Bortoli on the day.
Denver, Colorado
50 attraction reviews
“Experience the Yarra Valley in comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is exactly what I hope to find when I travel! Growing up in the area, Anthony's knowledge, experience, and perky passion helped me understand the history of the Yarra Valley. I found this small tour to be rich in information and accomodating to our needs and desires. And so much fun!

Visited February 2013

Robina, Australia
12 attraction reviews
“Fabulous Day Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I chose this tour because I liked the 4 wineries we would be attending and we weren't disappointed. Our bus seated 11 and we were a very multicultural group with a couple of Kiwis from the Sunshine Coast, a couple of locals from Melbourne, 2 from Kansas, 2 from Canada, 1 from France and us from the Gold Coast. Our host was Barry who is a lovely chap and very knowledgable on all the wineries and lots of other stuff too. Great music on the bus too. Each of the wineries were great and the staff at each were lovely and helpful. It was a bit busy by the time we got to De Bortoli as they were having a huge sale the weekend we were there. Lunch at Train Trak was just awesome. I was a bit overwhelmed who to choose to go on our day trip with but I am so glad we chose Chill Out and will be recommending them wherever I can.

Melbourne, Australia
“Anthony made the difference - Great value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Anthony was a great guide - so knowledgeable and clearly had a great life long interest in wine and the area which came through in his commentary. A great mix of different wineries on the tour - and the food at Train Trak was excellent. Couldn't believe what was included for the $ - this was the best tour I have done to date in the Yarra Valley and will be telling everyone to pick this one.

Melbourne, Australia
“Awesome Yarra Valley Wine tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Celebrated my 40th bday by organising a private wine tour for twenty close friends. Our host Anthony was extremely friendly , respectful of privacy (being a private group) yet responsive to our needs. He was flexible and accomodating by making sure that we were taken care of, whether any dietary needs had changed, making an extra pit stop. His knowledge was really interesting and despite us all living in Melbourne, we all learned something about the sparkling wine process and the wineries that we visited. We visited three wineries and had an absolute ball. The worst part of the day was it finishing! All 20 of us laughed so much and I couldn't have asked for a better tour company and host. I was a little nervous booking with Chillout as I had never used them before but I cannot rate them high enough and I can guarantee that I shall use them again and recommend them to all.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
“Yarra valley wine tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We have done many wine tours in other countries, and I can say without reservation that this one is tops. Anthony was a superb host. Only a small group on the tour so easy to chat to Anthony and get the benefit of his great knowledge about the area and the local wineries. The lunch at Train Track was superb and all the wines we tasted were excellent. I can recommend the Yering Station pinot and syrah. We would have bought more but couldn't get them in our suitcase! We have recommended this tour to our friends and relatives in NZ. Thanks Anthony for making our day so enjoyable. Also thanks to the people of Melbourne for making our stay so enjoyable. You rock !