“Good value for money, fun, variety and company” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 283 Activities in Melbourne
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Vinetrekker offers daily winery tours of the Yarra Valley and Mornington Peninsula wine regions surrounding Melbourne. A Vinetrekker journey is a well rounded exploration of the region we visit, providing fine food and wine at a leisurely pace. We offer public and private tours, full day and overnight, so a tailored itinerary can be provided just for you. Other regions include the Macedon Ranges, Grampians, Pyrenees, Rutherglen and King Valley.
singapore
15 attraction reviews
“Good value for money, fun, variety and company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

We went on Paul's Vinetrekker tour to Mornington Peninsula, drawn by all the lovely reviews he received. I must say that all the lovely reviews are totally right. We had a great time. We were a group of four: my husband and I and a lovely couple who run a boutique hotel in Brisbane, plus Paul.
We had a great time because Paul was extremely knowledgeable, brought us to some lovely wineries, and a truly great restaurant with a truly spectacular lunch (the steak and the venison main courses were to die for). Also being such a small group, we had some great conversation and fun. Since it was a Sunday, we also got to go to a cheese place and a chocolate shop. I thought the cheese was unexceptional, and the chocolates rather expensive for what they were (especially with the strong A$). That said, these visits did add interesting variety to the tour. We certainly did enjoy the winery visits and bought a few bottles of wine - very nice.
In all, it was a lovely day out, the weather was gorgeous as were the views, and we had a great time. The tour was very good value for money, for fun, for variety and for company.
Oh and if you need some recommendations of good restaurants in Melbourne, just ask Paul.

Whistler, BC
8 attraction reviews
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

I did two sequential days with Paul, touring the Yarra Valley, the Mornington. Both tours had small groups (3 people and 5 people, respectively). Paul was punctual, and has a great deal of knowledge and enthusiasm about the region and its wines.
The two days are somewhat different experiences; the Yarra valley visited somewhat bigger wineries, while the Mornington focused on much smaller operations, where there was more opportunity to talk to the actual vintners. To my taste, the wines in Yarra were the better of the two trips. On both days, we stopped for an excellent, luxurious lunch. The restaurant at Yering Station (Yarra Valley tour) served was was probably the best meal I had in my three week visit to Oz, though the one the next day at Salix was also top quality. In terms of terrain, I thought the Mornington Peninsula was more scenic, but either tour will give you a pleasant, scenic day in the countryside.
I should note that Paul made an extra effort, driving around the Yarra Valley to allow us to see some free-roaming Kangaroos. It seemed typical of the attention and enthusiasm he puts into his job.

Vancouver
6 attraction reviews
“One of our Best Days in Australia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

We enjoyed a great day in the Yarra Valley with Paul. He picked us up promptly at the agreed time and took us on a mini side-trip to see a Mob of Kangaroos in a field on our way to our first winery of the day. We were only a small group of three, so were given excellent care and attention by Paul. He is extremely knowledgeable on Australian wines and very personable. Paul also has a great rapport with staff at all five wineries we visited, so we felt like we had personalized service. Lunch at Yering Station was superb. This was truly one of the best experiences we had in Australia and I would highly recommend it.

Manila, Philippines
“Great tour of Mornington Peninsula thanks to Vinetrekker!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

After reading all the great reviews, I asked Paul Robinson if he could organize a tour to help us pamper our customers who were visiting Melbourne. I must say that together with the 150th Melbourne Cup, the Mornington Peninsula tour was the highlight of their stay - thanks to Paul!
The owners of Tanglewood Estate were absolutely charming and showed us all the steps of wine making.
The lunch at Salix Restaurant was simply amazing .... Félicitations :-) And great scenery as well!
Our customers also Loved the stops at the Mornington Peninsula Chocolates and Red Hill Cheese (I hope that the owners will be able to organize a visit of the "factory" as well - without revealing the secrets of their yummy products of course!).
All in all a beautiful day that I really recommend!

Singapore
“Great Yarra Valley Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

We will definitely recommend Vinetrekker! Paul has an excellent knowledge of wines and was more than happy to share them. Very genuine and personal tour. Great selection of wineries as well.

We will be coming back to Paul again for our Mornington Peninsula tour! Keep it up on at no. 1!