“Really nice day. Paul is a perfect guide for this trip.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 281 Activities in Melbourne
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Vinetrekker offers daily winery tours of the Yarra Valley and Mornington Peninsula wine regions surrounding Melbourne. A Vinetrekker journey is a well rounded exploration of the region we visit, providing fine food and wine at a leisurely pace. We offer public and private tours, full day and overnight, so a tailored itinerary can be provided just for you. Other regions include the Macedon Ranges, Grampians, Pyrenees, Rutherglen and King Valley.
Wilmette, Illinois
“Really nice day. Paul is a perfect guide for this trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I hesitated to take a day trip but Paul's daytrip is great. Nice pace, pleasant. The food was amazing. Paul is a gracious host.

Visited August 2011
Paul R, Owner at Vinetrekker Private Wine Day Tours, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Appreciate your comments and pleased the day was everything and more that you'd hoped for. Trust you're able to get back to Melbourne again and in the meantime hope you've found some good Victorian wine to enjoy.

hong kong
“A Truly Enjoyable Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Had two days of winery tours with Vinetrekker just last week. Paul Robinson and Steven were our guides to Mornington Peninsula and Yarra Valley. Both of them were really knowledgeable and friendly. Paul stayed connected with me the whole time since I first booked the tours, helping me to plan the rest of my trip too. So kind and helpful.

The winery tours were more like going out with friends. And you can tell their very good connection with the wineries. We could get to hang out and talk to the winemakers like friends because of Paul. It is certainly a very pleasant wine tasting experience. I am so glad I did that!

Visited November 2011
vinetrekker, Owner at Vinetrekker Private Wine Day Tours, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
So pleased you had such a wonderful time in Melbourne and that our tours helped contribute to that experience. I'm delighted too that the tours to both the Mornington Peninsula and Yarra Valley met your expectations and you felt so comfortable in mine and Stephen's company. I hope you can track down some of these wines and you manage to return to Melbourne before too long.
Sydney Australia
“GREAT DAY OUTSIDE MELBOURNE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Great day was had on our wine trip to the Yarra Valley. Steve our guide was waiting at the dock to collect us looking very smart in a clean a/cond van. Travelled with two other couples from overseas. The country side was glorious the wines fantastic the restaurant and food and cheese first class. Steve is very knowledgeable about Victorian history and the wine district in general. Have no hesitation in recommending this tour to any one that is interested in wine.

Visited November 2011
vinetrekker, Owner at Vinetrekker Private Wine Day Tours, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Your response is greatly appreciated and pleased to hear the day was so successful. The Yarra Valley is a first class destination and a joy to show off to visitors. Hope to see you down again and we can show off another region to you.
“Couldn't rate it higher!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011 via mobile

I wanted to take my two flat mates on a trip to the Yarra valley and found Vine Trekkers here on trip advisor. Booking the trip was so easy, I was able to regularly keep in contact with Paul by email regarding updates and payments and he was always prompt with a response. Paul himself is the nicest guy, nothing is any trouble. Even when we were late for the pick up (we idiotically got on the wrong bus) he was still brilliant. The transport was very comfortable with water and winery booklets provided to keep us entertained on the way. There were four stops on the itinerary; but Paul took us out to a 5th winery which he wanted to show us. Let's just say it ruined me for red wine forever the wines were so good. The other stops were just as great. We learned all about how champagne is made, tried the most amazing cheese and wines and enjoyed a beautiful lunch. Paul was very knowledgeable about every aspect of our tour. You can really tell he has been doing this for a long time and has a great relationship with the winery's so you really get that personal touch. The value for money is great, there is so much to sample and no pressure to buy (although I couldnt help but come back with a few bags!) Paul made sure we were looked after but also took a step back and let us enjoy ourselves, answering any questions we had. I couldnt recommend this trip any more highly and I'll definitely be back in contact with vinetrekkers to book another trip when friends visit next time!! Thanks paul, you are a legend

vinetrekker, Owner at Vinetrekker Private Wine Day Tours, responded to this review, November 6, 2011
Thanks so much for the review and am thrilled you and your friends enjoyed the day so much. We're extremely fortunate to have such a world class area to show off and are always so happy when guests can fully appreciate it too. Will look forward to having you travel again and trust your love of red wine continues.
Brisbane, Australia
“Absolutely wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Our day with Garth on our Vinetrekker Tour was beyond all our expectations ... we would do it all over again in a heartbeat. The spectacular country side, the amazing lunch and the beautiful wineries and the company we were with, were priceless. I am a true wine novice and Garth and the people he introduced us too at individual wineries were very patient, happy and very knowledgable. There is so much to learn about growing the different varieties of grapes and producing such world class wines that I cannot think of a better tutor than Garth ... he is a true gentleman, wonderful company and a wealth of information ... we cannot thank him enough.

Visited October 2011
vinetrekker, Owner at Vinetrekker Private Wine Day Tours, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Thanks for the feedback and absolutely delighted the expectations of your day were well and truly met. It is undoubtedly a world class region with outstanding wine, food and scenery. You can now look forward to enjoying some wonderful Yarra Valley wines.