“Fun friday night” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #118 of 3,914 Restaurants in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: There are already two branches listed on TA, but this is the third restaurant opened in November 2009.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Fun friday night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Great welcome to Melbourne. 3 friends for a weekend trip in Melbourne. Loved the venue and the entertainment of the open kitchen. Good value a carafe of Sangria plus tapas for 3 + plate of olives $130. Can be a bit loud but full of life. food very tasty.

Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I went for the tapas, which were fantastic, added a flight of 3 sherries and was very satisfied with everything.

Notice that tapas are not exceedingly expensive, but you usually try 3-4 of them so it adds up.

Sydney, Australia
“First time good, second time very disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We visit Melbourne every few months from Queensland and like to try different restaurants each time. I really enjoyed my first dining experience at Movida Aqui last year so much that I convinced my two Sydney girlfriends to try it out with me on Friday night (30 May 2014). We booked our girls weekend and the table months ago to make sure we had everything organised. I was so excited to be dining at Movida again.
However, we found the service to be quite rude and abrupt, not welcoming at all. Our male waiter thought he was quite funny but was actually rude and if we asked for something or had a question about a dish or the menu it was as if we were annoying him. The female waiter nearly threw our first dish onto the table and whilst walking away mumbled to us what the dish was. It was only the shocked look on my face when I looked over my shoulder at her that she came back a few minutes later and asked if I had heard what she had said. Most of the specials were sold out, none of the items we wanted to order were available. The waiter convinced us to order the tortilla and then ages later flippantly told us they were now sold out too.
How does a restaurant that is booked out months in advance run out of most of their specials by 9pm?
The rest of our weekend was fabulous and we ended up having excellent food and service at Coda on Saturday night. But I am sad to say I won't be dining at Movida again which is very disappointing.

Melbourne, Australia
“Good tapas in a pretty nice environment but quite small portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Overall quite good but not spectacular food....tapas is not a big deal anyway and most of them are pre-cooked...prompt and nice service (despite making an error in taking the hamon order...but it was corrected in the bill after we raise that...)...good ambient with nice vibe and large wines choice.
Only caveat is the small size of dishes...ok we know tapas are small portions but coarse to Spanish bodegas those were really too small.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We wandered in late and had a few dishes. The dishes were excellent, including fresh mussels and a cheese plate. Cathy served us for most of the night and she could not have been more helpful and friendly. She helped with an excellent wine selection and made it a delightful evening.

Visited May 2014