“Great food, drink and staff” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #119 of 3,915 Restaurants in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: There are already two branches listed on TA, but this is the third restaurant opened in November 2009.
australia
“Great food, drink and staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great Spanish/tapas style restaurant. A little pricey but well worth it for a treat. Staff very personable and helpful. Stuffed peppers with black rice were amazing!

Visited September 2012

Melbourne
“was a little let down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I made reservation weeks in advance for a Tuesday night. I had friends down from interstate and was celebrating my birthday with them. I wanted to go to MoVida however due to dining with 5 people in total we were told we would have to have the banquet. Due to dietary requirements and one vegetarian (me) this was not an option so I opted for Aqui instead. When I made the booking I explained the dietary requirements (one lactose intolerant celiac and one vego) and that it was a birthday dinner with friend from interstate. I had spoken to a young man on the phone who was very friendly and helpful and stated that all of this would be listed.

I should also note that I was dining with all hospitality folk and a head chef of a prestigious restaurant in Melbourne, and pervious to booking I had viewed the website and menu and was very satisfied with the vego options, I also viewed it again on the day we were dining and felt confident I would have a very good dinner... Unfortunately when we arrived there had been no note made on our reservation, our service was lacking (she was lovely but new and was not quite up to speed with the bar and menu options which made it a little difficult for her, and our table). The menu was completely different to the one listed on line that day and there were very very few vego options which made it very difficult for me. There were barley enough options to order enough plates for even me to have enough to eat (I don’t eat a huge amount and am only quite small) I am not overly fussy and will always manage to eat until I am full, wherever we go, but here.. well I was really really disappointed that it was my Birthday, I was the vego, I had specified on the booking, and I really did not have a good meal at all. The only thing I can say was that the Beetroot salad was beautiful.. the rest was poor.
But look, we had a lovely time together and we were impressed with the wine list, venue and bill, however we were all disappointed with the service, food and menu and I am not in a hurry to go back and dine there again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“A Little Gem on The Right Path”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

If - like me - you catch the SkyBus to Melbourne Airport, then this is a spot to remember.
When in Melbourne, I regularly stay on Little Bourke St and have stopped here for a pre-airport bite and drink. Perfect spot to de-brief yourself solo or with friends.
Great ambience, Fab wine list, good quick food too..... and so much better than the Tullamarine experience.
And when you're done, it's a short stroll to Spencer St and SkyBus.
Another Melbourne Gem.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food, great service - gf friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I love going to this place as they make it so easy to eat gluten free. There are always plenty of gf options on the menu and the staff are helpful and knowledgeable about this. The food is also fantastic and complements the great wines and sherries. Good for a meal or just a drink or a snack. Never fails to impress.

Visited April 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Service better than the food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This restaurant has a good reputation but I found the food was quite good but not fantastic. We ordered the small dishes, enough for one, which were pleasant enough although one was particularly good.Then we had the main courses which were quite small for mains. I was expecting a normal-sized steak but instead it was a few very thin slices of nice beef with horseradish 'custard' (Buey). The fish comprised one flat-head tail with accompaniments which was just not enough food to qualify as a main. However, our waiter was very good, explained about the wine and was friendly without being intrusive. I probably wouldn't go back as there are many other restaurants in Melbourne where you can get better value for money.

Visited September 2012